[REMOVE ADS]

Carl Carlton Suffers A Stroke in Detroit

Wow; sorry to hear about this. Get well wishes to Carl Carlton [[and thanks Marv2 for the news).

Marv: I don't know what we would do with your expertise and input into our forums. You are truly an asset to the Forum. We should all be grateful.

I did read the background on Carl. Oddly enough, they FAILED to mention that he was under contract with Golden World and actually released a single 45 on the label. Everyone seems to overlook the GW-RT periods of recording artists lives.

Thanks again. Otherwise, we would not have know this.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    Marv: I don't know what we would do with your expertise and input into our forums. You are truly an asset to the Forum. We should all be grateful.

I did read the background on Carl. Oddly enough, they FAILED to mention that he was under contract with Golden World and actually released a single 45 on the label. Everyone seems to overlook the GW-RT periods of recording artists lives.

Thanks again. Otherwise, we would not have know this.
    Thank you so much Woodward! A song I remember really liking by Carl way back was "I Won't Let That Chump Break Your Heart".

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Thank you so much Woodward! A song I remember really liking by Carl way back was "I Won't Let That Chump Break Your Heart".
    Thanks Marv for the news. Prayers on the way for his complete recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Thanks Marv for the news. Prayers on the way for his complete recovery.
    You're welcome DET. You know Carl Carlton lives out in Romulus not far from DTW.

Great memories with this one:

Carls wife I believe it was came on a Motown site about a week ago to report that Carl was recovering well. He did cancel one performance at that point... I'm not sure whether he had a TIA [[Transient Ischemic Attack) that I actually experienced a couple of years ago, also known as a "mini-stroke" caused by a temporary blockage of oxygen to the brain, or a more significant episode, although a TIA that can be quite frightening. It was reported that Carl was alert and talking following the episode which is a good sign as speech is significantly affected from a stroke following an initial episode, so it sounds like it was fortunately not a massive event... Wishing Carl a speedy recovery and return to the stage...
    Last edited by StuBass1; 07-27-2019 at 07:06 PM.