[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Answer this-103

Answer this-103

Hi gang,as we all know the classic film[the color purple]was distributed but warner bros.and directed by spielberg,now the question of the day is this...what film company had the rights to the story first and why didn't they film it?

I'm kinda surprised that no one got this one yet,i'll give ya'll till friday.

Ok,here goes...richard pryor..[yes that richard pryor]had a production company[indigo films]and he actually had the rights to two films that did pretty well..[purple rain-the color purple]but he had little real interest in actually filming them so away they went,oh and he also had a partner named jim brown..[yes that jim brown].

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Ok,here goes...richard pryor..[yes that richard pryor]had a production company[indigo films]and he actually had the rights to two films that did pretty well..[purple rain-the color purple]but he had little real interest in actually filming them so away they went,oh and he also had a partner named jim brown..[yes that jim brown].
    I did not know that. Thanks JAI for this info. It would have been a hard one to answer for me.

Marv,according to jim brown,richard wasn't familiar with[prince]so he wasn't keen on his story.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Marv,according to jim brown,richard wasn't familiar with[prince]so he wasn't keen on his story.
    That makes sense since Prince really did not hit his peak in popularity until after Richard's personal decline had begun.