[REMOVE ADS]

Motown Remixed Expanded Edition [[2019)

Artist: Various
    Title: Motown Remixed Expanded Edition [[2019)
    Label: UMG Recordings, Inc.
    Released: May 2019
    Style: Funk/Soul/Disco
    Tracks: 19 Unmixed
    Format: MP3
    Quality: 320 Kbps
    Tracklist:
    01. Jackson 5 - I Want You Back [[Z-Trip Remix) [[04:36)
    02. Gladys Knight & The Pips - I Heard It Through The Grapevine [[The Randy Watson Experience Sympathy For The Grapes Mix) [[05:31)
    03. Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On [[Da Producers MPG Groove Mix) [[04:23)
    04. Stevie Wonder - Signed, Sealed, Delivered [[I'm Yours) [[DJ Smash Essential Funk Mix) [[04:22)
    05. Jackson 5 - ABC [[Salaam Remi Krunk-A-Delic Party Mix) [[03:50)
    06. Rare Earth - I Just Want To Celebrate [[Mocean Worker Remix) [[05:00)
    07. The Temptations - Papa Was A Rollin' Stone [[DJ Jazzy Jeff & Pete Kuzma Solefull Mix) [[08:49)
    08. Smokey Robinson Ft. Roy Ayers - Quiet Storm [[Groove Boutique Chill Jazz Mix) [[05:38)
    09. The Supremes - My World Is Empty Without You [[Tranzition Remix) [[04:52)
    10. The Temptations - Just My Imagination [[Running Away With Me) [[Easy Mo Bee Remix) [[04:38)
    11. The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes [[Futureshock Main Ingredient Mix) [[04:37)
    12. Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - The Tears Of A Clown [[Hotsnax Remix) [[03:44)
    13. Eddie Kendricks - Keep On Truckin' [[DJ Spinna Remix) [[04:32)
    14. Edwin Starr - War [[King Britt Remix) [[05:13)
    15. Rick James - Mary Jane [[DJ Green Lantern Remix) [[04:28)
    16. Jimmy Ruffin - What Becomes Of The Brokenhearted [[Mocean Worker Remix) [[05:07)
    17. Four Tops - Reach Out, I'll Be There [[Montez Payton & Taurus Braxton Remix) [[03:36)
    18. Martha Reeves & The Vandellas - [[Love Is Like A) Heat Wave [[Noizetrip Mix) [[02:59)
    19. Marvin Gaye - Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing [[The Rurals Cool Mix) [[05:50)

"Same Old Songs", pass....oh wait, it's only on mp3 format only, DOUBLE PASS.

Who asked for this?

We want expanded editions, not stuff like this.

I don't understand the point of this digital release. If it's only to get them back into the world then fine. Why not concentrate on things fans are asking for and not this type of release?????

And why mess with good mixes. Most, the work of my brother.

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    I don't understand the point of this digital release. If it's only to get them back into the world then fine. Why not concentrate on things fans are asking for and not this type of release?????
    It is the same thing when it comes to these tv specials and documentaries. They not going to magically attracted a bunch of Millennials or Gen. whatever so why not focus on the people that loved the music?

I now remember the "Motown Remix" project from the early 00s. It ruined many of the classic songs I loved.

Goodness. Such vitriol. Don't like, don't listen. I love reimagined remixes myself. Never take the place of the originals but give a new lease on life.

I have a few of the "Verve Remixed" CDs which includes artists like Billie Holiday, Sarah Vaughan, Ella Fitzgerald, and other more jazz oriented singers and musicians. While they're interesting at times, overall to me the songs don't adapt well to remixes by contemporary DJs.

But I agree with PeaceNHarmony. I don't enjoy these kinds of remix projects myself, but if it brings a new audience to the music we love, I'm all for it. I used to feel the same way about "colorized" movies, remember those? Most film fans I know were horrified that someone might have the umbrage to colorize "Casablanca" or other classic black and white films. But it never bothered me; I just watched the originals.

There are songs missing.strange.ill pass

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    I have a few of the "Verve Remixed" CDs which includes artists like Billie Holiday, Sarah Vaughan, Ella Fitzgerald, and other more jazz oriented singers and musicians. While they're interesting at times, overall to me the songs don't adapt well to remixes by contemporary DJs.

But I agree with PeaceNHarmony. I don't enjoy these kinds of remix projects myself, but if it brings a new audience to the music we love, I'm all for it. I used to feel the same way about "colorized" movies, remember those? Most film fans I know were horrified that someone might have the umbrage to colorize "Casablanca" or other classic black and white films. But it never bothered me; I just watched the originals.
    The Verve Remixed project was a whole other story and that remix of Dinah Washington's "Is You Is or Is You Ain't My Baby" was a killer! All of the remixes on Vol. 1 were superb in my opinion. Not so much when it came to the Motown Remixed project.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    There are songs missing.strange.ill pass
    They had a U.S. version and a UK version of the original Motown Remied CD.

I bought the first two editions of this collection. Most tracks were aweful but I did love the remix of 'Stoned Love' as it remained true to the original release. Just checked and it was a Tom Moulton Mix. I love his remixes, have a Philly collection which is just awesome. Would be great if he released a Motown remix album as he always keeps faithful to the original tune and they just sound like an extended version rather than a total remix.

Unfortunately, 'Stoned Love' has been omitted from this digital release, how strange.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    I bought the first two editions of this collection. Most tracks were aweful but I did love the remix of 'Stoned Love' as it remained true to the original release. Just checked and it was a Tom Moulton Mix. I love his remixes, have a Philly collection which is just awesome. Would be great if he released a Motown remix album as he always keeps faithful to the original tune and they just sound like an extended version rather than a total remix.

Unfortunately, 'Stoned Love' has been omitted from this digital release, how strange.
    I liked the Stoned Love remix too, but didn't you find it a little heavy on the percussion? BAM, BAM, BAM!

There was a gladys knight song...Neither One of Us that I liked.
    I think Tom Moulton did a remix of Love Hangover and it wasn't used

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I liked the Stoned Love remix too, but didn't you find it a little heavy on the percussion? BAM, BAM, BAM!
    Think that was to recreate the 'disco' sound of the 70's, I quite liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    Think that was to recreate the 'disco' sound of the 70's, I quite liked it.
    Even though "Stoned Love" was pre-Disco, I did not care for Tom's heavy handedness with the percussion. It went on way too long in the remix.