[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: My Heart

My Heart

Fans of this one? It's my favorite Flo solo cut. Someone in the comment section thinks Florence sounds like Billie Holiday at a certain point in the song. I always thought I was the only one who thought that. Makes me wonder what she may have done with the Billie Holiday catalog [[or even Dinah Washington) had she remained in the business and gotten around to it. Anyway, I love what Florence does with the song. Linda Jones, another of my all time favorite female vocalists, also has a version of the song. I prefer Florence's version by far. Enjoy!

So I'm the only one who likes "My Heart"? That's alright, I'll enjoy it all by myself.

I enjoy it. I especially love the spoken line she does in the middle. I dont know what it is but the instrumentals on all of Flo's solo material is really lacking. It almost sounds like she's singing to a karaoke track. But My Heart and Forever Faithful are two tracks I really enjoyed from her solo tracks. Unfortunately she just wasn't in the right mindset when they were done.

Well now, I've been turned onto something new, and I like it. I like that it has a sort of "urban" sound to it. This really points the direction Florence could have taken and done very well with if ABC hadn't been so intent on trying to recreate what Motown had and was already doing.

This is my all time favorite Flo solo song... and I agree, she does have a Billie Holiday sound to her. I get what others were saying about Flo being the "Aretha" of the Supremes but her voice was more like Billie's when she sung like she does here [[and during the Supremes years, she had great head notes that could've been expounded upon).

Love most of her solo tracks, including My Heart. I would love to hear the alternate version of this one.