[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    good stuff Gary !

I'll pass on commenting on HE HIT ME .....but out of curiosity , I flipped it over [[ on YouTube) and omg ! I am captivated ! Some of the most beautiful strings I have ever heard. Paired with those high oooo vocals. Just beautiful . The string pluck sign off is cute too.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Waiting, do you know how Phil achieved that huge "Wall Of Sound"? First, he would use 5 or 6 guitars -- all strumming the same notes. He would use 2 or 3 pianos -- say, a Grand Piano, an electric piano, and a third type of piano [[I forget which - maybe an upright) -- all playing the same notes. There would be 2 or 3 electric bass players and maybe an upright bass. In addition to that, there was an army of baritone saxes all playing the same notes while providing a powerful bottom end. Add to that Hal Blaine's magnificent drumming and Earl Palmer's drumming along with other percussionists playing castanets, sleighbells, chimes, handclaps -- anything that Phil and his music arranger, Jack Nitzsche, deemed appropriate for the particular Philles session at hand. There might by 10 back-up singers. As you can imagine, the tiny Gold Star studio was jam-packed with musicians. When Phil got the perfect take on one Mono tape, he would then have enginer Larry Levine copy that tape to another take deck. He would then copy that tape back over on top of the first tape which is now doubled. [[This process of overdubbing is called "Sound On Sound".) Phil could have Larry do that as many times as he wanted. 30 musicians would become 60 musicians, 10 back-up singers became 20 until it became a choir of angels. If he overdubbed again, those numbers would be doubled yet again, and so on and so forth, until he achieved the sound he wanted. Add to that Gold Star's famous and beloved echo chamber, all of which contributed to Phil Spector's "Wall Of Sound".

I forgot to mention that, another reason for "River Deep's" failure in the U.S is because the white AM stations thought the record was too black for their audience, and black AM stations thought it was too white for their audience, all of which resulted in a poor chart showing for Phil's crowning achievement while most Americans never got a chance to hear it. I was among them. I never heard "River Deep" until 1969 when the original Philles LP was reissued with an alternate track list on the A&M label. [[Phil was so discouraged and defeated, the original "River Deep" album on Philles was pressed in a very small run of which only 6 copies were pressed, after which Philles doors were closed in defeat I failed to mention that Tina's "River Deep" single was a huge hit in the U.K., going up to #3 on their Pop chart.

BTW, Waiting, which Phil Spector/Philles Records books do you have? After you tell me, I'll fill you in on what is [[or has been) available. To my knowledge, I have them all.

If you want to take your interest one step further, there have been 3 or 4 CD box sets containing moments from actual Philles recording sessions. Here is just one of many.

The making of:
    THE RONETTES - "Do I Love You" [[Part 1)
    https://youtu.be/JBvKhAHIZSE

The Making of:
    THE RONETTES - "Do I Love You" [[Part 2)
    https://youtu.be/DNytdA71lf0

The Making of:
    THE RONETTES - "Do I Love You" [[Part 3)
    https://youtu.be/MXXqw7eN1lg

And then, lo and behold, the final product:
    THE RONETTES - "Do I Love You" [[Part 4)
    https://youtu.be/FJ-FoTs6Oqw

And that's how a Philles Record is born!
    Hi Gary. I didn't realize my post would move this on to a new page . I'm bumping some of your good information forward ! [[ Time for a new thread!!!) This is going to get lost on this one .

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I remember Max's Kansas City. Do you remember Hogs and Heifers?
    yes, Marv, i do, but post- Warhol Max's was my home away from home in the 70's, early 80's..

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    yes, Marv, i do, but post- Warhol Max's was my home away from home in the 70's, early 80's..
    That's when NYC was really dirty and dangerous.......fun times! LOL!!!!

my initial mention of Phil Spector way up topp gave birth to all this? groovy.. Ronnie actually made a pass at me at Max's Kansas City in Manhattan in the late 70's during her 'punk' period when she recorded an album produced by Genya Ravan.. sad to say, it went no further than a pass..
    This is one of those very rare occasions where a thread jumps completely off the subject and yet it turns into something really, REALLY good. WHAT? I'm super envious of you that Ronnie Spector made a pass at you. That woman was one of the hottest beings ever.

Waiting, I meant to ask you, do you like "He Hit Me"?
    This song fascinates me because I can't believe that in the atmosphere of what everyone believed to be the innocence of the early/mid 60s', anyone involved with this would think this song could have been a hit. Even if it had been done in the 70's it would have surly raised way more than a few eyebrows. In the era of "Johnny Angel", "He Hit Me" had to have sounded like something totally alien to the ears of Teenage America as they were enjoying milkshakes.

I have really mixed feelings about the song. I guess the best way for me to say it is this is one of those times where "the lyrics get in the way of a good song." I love the production, the construction, the dark, stark moodiness of it all. But the idea of a girl thinking that a guy hitting her is a show of love is such a strange theme for a song.

What makes me shy away from the lyrics even more is that I know there are guys who really do think in such convoluted ways. I know this was based on the true life experience of Little Eva and she totally believed that her boyfriend roughing her up was some kind of sign of his true love for her. So, I like the music, just not the lyrics of "He Hit Me."

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    That's when NYC was really dirty and dangerous.......fun times! LOL!!!!
    CORRECT!! still is if you know where to look..lol

Spector most likely did "He Hit Me" to justify his own unique approach to the female population.. but it was a miss, not a "hit'...in more ways than one..
    Last edited by Jimi LaLumia; 07-27-2019 at 05:36 PM.

CORRECT!! still is if you know where to look..lol
    Oh it is definitely still fun out there, it just costs more than in the good old days of the 80s. It also seems more crowded now everywhere in the city.

my initial mention of Phil Spector way up topp gave birth to all this? groovy.. Ronnie actually made a pass at me at Max's Kansas City in Manhattan in the late 70's during her 'punk' period when she recorded an album produced by Genya Ravan.. sad to say, it went no further than a pass..
    Hey, Jimi. Ronnie really hit on you? Ha! I, too, have that Genya Raven-produced punk-ish album of Ronnie's! It was kinda cool! Not as good as her Phil-produced Philles stuff, but, still fun for a change. It was on the Polish label. [[Take note, folks -- That's Polish as in cleaning the furniture, NOT the ethnic Polish as in Polish people. In fact, the label logo showed a drawing of a woman's butt bent over as she's busily polishing away!)

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Hi Gary. I didn't realize my post would move this on to a new page . I'm bumping some of your good information forward ! [[ Time for a new thread!!!) This is going to get lost on this one .
    Hi John! No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance View Post
    This song fascinates me because I can't believe that in the atmosphere of what everyone believed to be the innocence of the early/mid 60s', anyone involved with this would think this song could have been a hit. Even if it had been done in the 70's it would have surly raised way more than a few eyebrows. In the era of "Johnny Angel", "He Hit Me" had to have sounded like something totally alien to the ears of Teenage America as they were enjoying milkshakes.

I have really mixed feelings about the song. I guess the best way for me to say it is this is one of those times where "the lyrics get in the way of a good song." I love the production, the construction, the dark, stark moodiness of it all. But the idea of a girl thinking that a guy hitting her is a show of love is such a strange theme for a song.

What makes me shy away from the lyrics even more is that I know there are guys who really do think in such convoluted ways. I know this was based on the true life experience of Little Eva and she totally believed that her boyfriend roughing her up was some kind of sign of his true love for her. So, I like the music, just not the lyrics of "He Hit Me."
    Well, Watching, I guess I lived a sheltered life. Back in 1962, when "He Hit Me" was actually moving up the charts and gaining in popularity, it was an innocent time. I was only 11. We lived out in the country where life is slow and easy -- not in the big city where physical-abuse was probably publicized. I had never even heard of spousal abuse. "He Hit Me" was just a song to me -- a very beautiful Phil Spector production about a girl whose boyfriend got jealous because she was with another guy. I figured he probably slapped her, at worst -- not beat the crap out of her. When he forgave her, he kissed her and all was right with the world again because she now knew he really loved her. It wasn't until the late '70s when the Phil Spector books started coming out that I learned about Phil withdrawing the record and why. By then, I understood how and why some people could be offended. But, still, and fortunately, physical abuse isn't a world that I identify with, nor would I necessarily associate the lyrics of a song with.

Looking back, a record reviewer once commented on the "kinky" songs that Carol King & Gerry Goffin had been writing that year! With lyrics like "He Hit Me" [[And It Felt Like A Kiss)" and The Cookies' "Chains" [["My baby's got me locked up in chains"), the reviewer tongue-in-cheekly had to wonder what Carol & Gerry had been up to that summer!

Watching, I'll list those Phil Spector books for you soon. It just won't be as elaborate this time as it was before -- not after losing all of that hard work I had put into it.

good stuff Gary !

I'll pass on commenting on HE HIT ME .....but out of curiosity , I flipped it over [[ on YouTube) and omg ! I am captivated ! Some of the most beautiful strings I have ever heard. Paired with those high oooo vocals. Just beautiful . The string pluck sign off is cute too.

Thanks, Buddy! [[Now I see what you meant about pushing my other post to a new page. I hadn't seen your post here until now.)

Yeah, "No One Ever Tells You" is a beautiful record, as is the entire "He's A Rebel" album which I had gotten for my birthday in March of 1963. Now you see why, at age 12, Philles had become my very first favorite record label, and Phil Spector was my first favorite record producer, just before Motown hit big. I grew up overnight in more ways than one with that music. It was powerful stuff! And STILL affects me in the same way.

No need to explain about your opinion of "He Hit Me", John. I already know exactly what you're thinking! You thought that "He's A Rebel" was promoting teenage delinquency [[bless your heart)! Ha! 😎 In my defense, see my explanation to WaitingWatching [[below) of why "He Hit Me" never bothered me to the point of disliking it.

good stuff Gary !

Yes, it's gorgeous, Boogie! Phil's girls could sing! And the music he made to enhance them was magical! Heavenly vocals, plucked strings.... and don't forget it's all followed by a dramatic, fading heartbeat!

BTW, since "No One Ever Tells You" was the flip side to "He Hit Me", how did you ever manage to find an example of it on the early Philles orange Script label? I've been collecting Philles for 50+ years and I've only seen the blue/black PR label logo for this record.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F254278055966

In fact, my own NM copy is blue/black PR. The orange script version of "He Hit Me" surely must be rare. I'll have to look up that one in my "Collecting Phil Spector" book. You just may have stumbled onto something!

Hey, Jimi. Ronnie really hit on you? Ha! I, too, have that Genya Raven-produced punk-ish album of Ronnie's! It was kinda cool! Not as good as her Phil-produced Philles stuff, but, still fun for a change. It was on the Polish label. [[Take note, folks -- That's Polish as in cleaning the furniture, NOT the ethnic Polish as in Polish people. In fact, the label logo showed a drawing of a woman's butt bent over as she's busily polishing away!)
    yes, Ronnie rose to prominence once again after Eddie Money sang about her and featured her vocal on his huge Top 40 hit "Take Me Home Tonight" in the mid 70's, which jolted her back into the NYC music scene, and of course Max's Kansas City and 'punk/new wave' was at the heart of the scene at that time[[although she could have easily 'gone disco' as well, and probably would have had better luck)so she was attempting to get close to those who were on the scene, so to speak..

...she could have easily 'gone disco' as well, and probably would have had better luck)
    Actually, Ronnie did take a dip into the disco pool in the mid-'70s, albeit without success. "You'd Be Good For Me" received a tiny bit of club play, but it usually cleared the dance floor!

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Actually, Ronnie did take a dip into the disco pool in the mid-'70s, albeit without success. "You'd Be Good For Me" received a tiny bit of club play, but it usually cleared the dance floor!

I was unaware of this, Al, and apparently so was the rest of the world; I could tell she wanted back in,but sadly, pop stardom , like milk, comes with an expiration date, it's the nature of pop culture..

Do you think had the Ronettes not broken up in 1967 or Ronnie never married Phil, she could have went on to be a solo star? I've seen Ronnie plenty of times in NYC over the years, especially her Christmas Show [[when it used to be at BB Kings) and it always puzzled me why she never became a bigger star than she did.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    Do you think had the Ronettes not broken up in 1967 or Ronnie never married Phil, she could have went on to be a solo star? I've seen Ronnie plenty of times in NYC over the years, especially her Christmas Show [[when it used to be at BB Kings) and it always puzzled me why she never became a bigger star than she did.
    I think Ronnie had become as dependent on Spector's 'Wall Of Sound" as The Supremes were on the HDH formula [[the instant #1's stopped coming when HDH left)..as simple as that in my opinion.. they were as good as the material they were given

yes, Ronnie rose to prominence once again after Eddie Money sang about her and featured her vocal on his huge Top 40 hit "Take Me Home Tonight" in the mid 70's, which jolted her back into the NYC music scene, and of course Max's Kansas City and 'punk/new wave' was at the heart of the scene at that time[[although she could have easily 'gone disco' as well, and probably would have had better luck)so she was attempting to get close to those who were on the scene, so to speak..
    Jimi! That song came out in 1986! LOL!

OMG! my bad...actually she wouldn't have been haunting Max's back then if that song came out then.. old age, what can I tell you, Marv!

I flashed on Eddie Money as a hot new artist during my management days at Sam Goody in the late 70's, but that song was actually "Baby Hold On", not the Ronnie tribute.. you nailed it, Marv!

OMG! my bad...actually she wouldn't have been haunting Max's back then if that song came out then.. old age, what can I tell you, Marv!
    You can turn in your Longuyland card! You darn well know that Eddie Money is from L.I. and we're suppose to know all of his records and when they came out! Shame on you Jimi! LOL!!!!

I flashed on Eddie Money as a hot new artist during my management days at Sam Goody in the late 70's, but that song was actually "Baby Hold On", not the Ronnie tribute.. you nailed it, Marv!
    "Baby Hold On to Me" was "everything" in the Summer of 1978 in my opinion!

I forgot to mention that, in addition to your "close encounter" with Ronnie Ronette, Mary Wilson winked at me in 1975 at The Supremes concert in Rochester, NY, where Mary, Scherrie & Cindy were promoting their new "Supremes" [[He's My Man") album. I guess we both must have been oozing sex appeal back then, Jimi! Ha! Hubba! Hubba!!!

I interviewed Cindy back when "dancing Room" was a new single and she was being manged by Bernard Jay who also managed Divine [[who I also interviewed) the cassette tape of my Cindy interview was coveted at The Bunkhouse, an LGBT club where I dj ed. my friend Norman[[who has since passed) drove me around in his Caddy [[he ran a Caddy dealership) so he could listen to the entire hour long interview; I never got the tape back!! and he insisted that I contact Cindy so he could drive her to interviews, gigs etc in big huge new showroom Caddys.. eventually word spread about Norman and his driving Supremes everywhere..Miss Wilson came to calling him "Cadillac Man"..saved the ladies money on car services when they were in the NY area..you're welcome ladies..RIP Norman..

I interviewed Cindy back when "dancing Room" was a new single and she was being manged by Bernard Jay who also managed Divine [[who I also interviewed) the cassette tape of my Cindy interview was coveted at The Bunkhouse, an LGBT club where I dj ed. my friend Norman[[who has since passed) drove me around in his Caddy [[he ran a Caddy dealership) so he could listen to the entire hour long interview; I never got the tape back!! and he insisted that I contact Cindy so he could drive her to interviews, gigs etc in big huge new showroom Caddys.. eventually word spread about Norman and his driving Supremes everywhere..Miss Wilson came to calling him "Cadillac Man"..saved the ladies money on car services when they were in the NY area..you're welcome ladies..RIP Norman..
    What a neat story, Jimi! But what a shame you never got that tape of Cindy's interview back! That was surely a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post

BigAl, hearing that Ronnie's "You'd Be Good For Me" cleared the dance floor surprises the heck out of me and breaks my heart to boot. Out of her many post-Phil productions, THIS was the one -- and ONLY one -- that I REALLY loved. Damn! There oughta be a law!

What a neat story, Jimi! But what a shame you never got that tape of Cindy's interview back! That was surely a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
    I posted the newsprint version of it here God knows when, years ago..I'll dig it out when I get the chance..Cindy was adorable, we sat on Bernard's terrace , looking down on the city, where ever his apartment was at the time, I was all over the city for several decades doing things like this..ah youth is wasted on the young indeed

I posted the newsprint version of it here God knows when, years ago..I'll dig it out when I get the chance..Cindy was adorable, we sat on Bernard's terrace , looking down on the city, where ever his apartment was at the time, I was all over the city for several decades doing things like this..ah youth is wasted on the young indeed
    Yes, Jimi, youth is indeed wasted... and fleeting! By all means, bring on that Cindy-interview transcript. I'm sure we would love to see it!

Gary, I have the books "He's A Rebel: Phil Spector--Rock And Roll's Legendary Producer" by Mark Ribowski and "Tearing Down The Wall Of Sound: The Rise And Fall Of Phil Spector" by Mick Brown. Incredible reading. As fascinating to listen to those productions is to read how he achieved that sound.
    Sorry to keep you waiting so long, WaitingWatching, but after losing all of the time-consuming information I had prepared for you several days ago, I had to get away from it for a while. This time I'm giving it to you in a nutshell. BTW, the two books you already have are among the very best of them. You did good!

The Phil Spector books I have in my collection are as follows:

1) "Collecting Phil Spector -- The Man, The Legend, The Music". By Jack Fitzpatrick & Jim Fogerty [[1991). REFERENCE BOOK.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F223559174106

This hard-cover, high quality, glossy-papered gem deals solely with Philles Records releases, known label variations, and a complete Philles discography including Singles, LPs, EPs, and Spector/Philles memorabilia. Like Motown's "Heat Wave" which lists each and every record release in order by record #, "Collecting Phil Spector" will be your Philles Records bible. My copy from 1991 cost $40.00 at the time. Now, long out of print, price gougers are demanding $100+ and up.

2) "He's A Rebel: The Truth About Phil Spector - Rock 'N' Roll's Legendary Madman". By Mark Ribowsky [[1989).
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F162010303023

3) "Little Symphonies - A Phil Spector Reader". By Kingsley Abbott [[2011).
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F302785442421

4) "Phil Spector: Out Of His Head". By Richard Williams [[1972).
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F253032016264

5) "The Phil Spector Story". Rob Finnis [[1975).
    The Phil Spector story https://www.amazon.com/dp/0950398306..._Zd.pDbX9WCAZH

6) "Wall Of Pain". Dave Thompson [[2003).
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F192946390258

7) "Tearing Down The Wall Of Sound: The Rise And Fall Of Phil Spector". Mick Brown [[2007) [[Also available as a multi-disc narrated CD set which I have in my collection but have never played.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F282828887152

8) "1957 Fairfax High School Yearbook". Includes 6 photos of Phil Spector.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F383066514181

RELATED:

9) "My Name Is Love: The Darlene Love Story". Darlene Love & Rob Hoerburger [[1998).
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F183874726957

10) Bill Medley: The Time Of My Life". Bill Medley & Mike Marino [[2014).
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F322526157460

11) "Be My Baby [[How I Survived Mascara, Miniskirts, And Madness Or My Life As A Fabulous Ronette)". Ronnie Spector & Vince Waldron [[1990).
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F121590963816

DVDs:

12) "Da Doo Ron Ron". Phil Spector/Philles Documentary.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F232591633374

13) "Phil Spector". Starring Al Pacino. Deals with Phil Spector's life and the murder trial following the shooting death of Lana Clarkson in 2007.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F362609316673

And that pretty much wraps it up, WaitingWatching. I hope you can find something of interest in these.

Sorry to keep you waiting so long, WaitingWatching, but after losing all of the time-consuming information I had prepared for you several days ago, I had to get away from it for a while. This time I'm giving it to you in a nutshell. BTW, the two books you already have are among the very best of them. You did good!

The Phil Spector books I have in my collection are as follows:

1) "Collecting Phil Spector -- The Man, The Legend, The Music". By Jack Fitzpatrick & Jim Fogerty [[1991). REFERENCE BOOK.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F223559174106

This hard-cover, high quality, glossy-papered gem deals solely with Philles Records releases, known label variations, and a complete Philles discography including Singles, LPs, EPs, and Spector/Philles memorabilia. Like Motown's "Heat Wave" which lists each and every record release in order by record #, "Collecting Phil Spector" will be your Philles Records bible. My copy from 1991 cost $40.00 at the time. Now, long out of print, price gougers are demanding $100+ and up.

2) "He's A Rebel: The Truth About Phil Spector - Rock 'N' Roll's Legendary Madman". By Mark Ribowsky [[1989).
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F162010303023

3) "Little Symphonies - A Phil Spector Reader". By Kingsley Abbott [[2011).
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F302785442421

4) "Phil Spector: Out Of His Head". By Richard Williams [[1972).
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F253032016264

5) "The Phil Spector Story". Rob Finnis [[1975).
    The Phil Spector story https://www.amazon.com/dp/0950398306..._Zd.pDbX9WCAZH

6) "Wall Of Pain". Dave Thompson [[2003).
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F192946390258

7) "Tearing Down The Wall Of Sound: The Rise And Fall Of Phil Spector". Mick Brown [[2007) [[Also available as a multi-disc narrated CD set which I have in my collection but have never played.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F282828887152

8) "1957 Fairfax High School Yearbook". Includes 6 photos of Phil Spector.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F383066514181

RELATED:

9) "My Name Is Love: The Darlene Love Story". Darlene Love & Rob Hoerburger [[1998).
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F183874726957

10) Bill Medley: The Time Of My Life". Bill Medley & Mike Marino [[2014).
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F322526157460

11) "Be My Baby [[How I Survived Mascara, Miniskirts, And Madness Or My Life As A Fabulous Ronette)". Ronnie Spector & Vince Waldron [[1990).
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F121590963816

DVDs:

12) "Da Doo Ron Ron". Phil Spector/Philles Documentary.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F232591633374

13) "Phil Spector". Starring Al Pacino. Deals with Phil Spector's life and the murder trial following the shooting death of Lana Clarkson in 2007.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F362609316673

And that pretty much wraps it up, WaitingWatching. I hope you can find something of interest in these.
    Good stuff Gary! You've given me something new to look for at my used book store haunts!

Good stuff Gary! You've given me something new to look for at my used book store haunts!
    Hey, that's great, John! Glad to be of help! I was hoping to hear from WaitingWatching as well. He's becoming an enthusiastic student of Phil's Wall Of Sound, but haven't heard hide nor hair from him lately! WaitingWatching, are you there?!!!

To all Phil Spector "Wall Of Sound" fans: Coming soon - the "PHIL SPECTOR/PHILLES" thread!

Yikes! Been awhile since I checked back here! GREAT LIST!!!!! I will be checking out these books on ebay and Amazon. "Out Of His Head" sounds particularly interesting...

Thank you Gary!

To all Phil Spector "Wall Of Sound" fans: Coming soon - the "PHIL SPECTOR/PHILLES" thread!
    I'll be looking forward to that!

Yikes! Been awhile since I checked back here! GREAT LIST!!!!! I will be checking out these books on ebay and Amazon. "Out Of His Head" sounds particularly interesting...

Thank you Gary!
    Hey Waiting! I wondered where you'd been! I I even sent you a SDF Personal Message a few days back! Guess you haven't seen it yet.

You're very welcome for the book titles. As it turns out, I inadvertently left out 4 items:

One Book:

"There's No Other" by Barbara Alston of The Crystals
    There's No Other https://www.amazon.com/dp/1424174988..._O53tDbDNW6XCA

3 DVDs:

Darlene Love - "Concert Of Love" [[Excellent concert performing several of her Philles hits including the rare "Stumble And Fall". I highly recommend this -- PLUS it's still available on both Amazon AND eBay at a reasonable price! Just be sure to check Region for compatibility with your DVD player.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F233301371300

Various Artists including Darlene Love - "20 Feet From Stardom". Documentary.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F152923871767

Darlene Love - Profiles [[Interview)
    PROFILES featuring Darlene Love https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00198IWG6..._sd4tDb74TW2NN

I'll be looking forward to that!
    You won't have to wait for long, Waiting. I've already posted the first part -- "Phil Spector Biography" and Part A -- "Complete Philles 45 Discography" [[both A & B sides with YouTube soundclips) under Soulful Detroit Forum.

Coming Soon:
    Part B - "Complete Philles LP Discography" [[with YouTube soundclips for all tracks).

Part C - "Previously Unreleased Philles Tracks" [[with YouTube soundclips for all tracks).

Hope you enjoy it!