[REMOVE ADS]

Any Sue Thompson Fans Out There?

I chose this forum since she does not fit into any of the soul categories, yet I know you folks have varied tastes. So how many people remember her twangy little country/pop voice from the 60s on such numbers as "Paper Tiger," "Norman," and "Sad Movies [[Make Me Cry)"?

According to Wikipedia, she is still alive and kicking at age 94.

Yes, we've discussed on here a few times about the varied music tastes we have, especially those of us who were teenagers back in the 50s and 60s because back then the stations had all the genres of music, not divided like it is now. Big fan of girl groups/girl artists. I remember Sad Movies from when I was a ten year old girl just learning about radio. Don't forget James [[Hold The Ladder Steady.)

I liked and bought some of her hits, but would probably just stop short of buying a "Best of..." compilation. I felt sorry for her because her records kept being covered by Carol Deene.

Thanks gang, especially Lakeside for that delightful photo. She is quite recognizable still.

Two of my favorite songs were catchy novelty tunes that were not hits for her and if I am not mistaken, they appeared as filler on the same album. One was called Making Love to You is Just Like Eating Peanuts and the other was Straight to Helen......the latter being a play on words telling a cheating boyfriend to go to Hell.

She was a feisty thing in her day!

The second record I ever bought was “Norman!”

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    I chose this forum since she does not fit into any of the soul categories, yet I know you folks have varied tastes. So how many people remember her twangy little country/pop voice from the 60s on such numbers as "Paper Tiger," "Norman," and "Sad Movies [[Make Me Cry)"?

According to Wikipedia, she is still alive and kicking at age 94.
    I remember Gale Garnett, but unfortunately not Sue Thompson. I'm going to have to look her up.