[REMOVE ADS]

New Maurice White album: Manifestation

Tracklist:
    01. Sweet Surrender
    02. Panic Button
    03. Storybook Love
    04. Laid Back Aphrodisiac
    05. I Couldn’t Be Me Without You
    06. Breakin’ in a Brand New Heart [[Interlude)
    07. True Love Is Forever
    08. Wiggle [[Long Version)
    09. To the Top
    10. Young Hearts
    11. You’re Supposed to Say You Love Me Too
    12. Before the Day You Were Born

There aren’t many artists of the past half century who are as revered as Maurice White. As the visionary leader of Earth Wind & Fire, he changed the landscape of music, in sound and in message. And his great work leading EWF before his untimely death in 2016 made him a music legend who transcended categorization.

In addition to his work with EWF, Maurice White also recorded some solo work over the years. And for nearly thirty years, he frequently collaborated with legendary songwriter and producer Preston Glass, with the partnership resulting in more than 40 songs, many of which were never released.

Preston and Soul Music Records empresario David Nathan have collected twelve of these “lost” songs and are issuing them in the new collection, Manifestation, which will be released on July 16.

A lot of good news about Maurice this week. The Kennedy Center Honors usually do not honor artists posthumously, so they decided to honor the whole group this year, which is also unusual. Quite an honor for Maurice that they went that far out of their way to recognize and honor his accomplishments along with his group.

Earth, Wind & Fire made a little history Thursday [[July 18), becoming the first R&B group to receive the Kennedy Center Honors. They'll be just the fourth music group overall to receive this acknowledgement, following three rock groups: The Who [[2008), Led Zeppelin [[2012) and Eagles [[2016).

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...-Center-Honors

Great to hear. I've always been a fan of Maurice as a vocalist and producer [[especially Emotions, Jennifer Holliday and El DeBarge work)