[REMOVE ADS]

Time Life: [[September 22, 1972) Supremes on Sonny & Cher

There is a new Sonny & Cher dvd collection from Time Life which includes this episode.

https://timelife.com/products/i-got-you-babe-the-best-of-sonny-cher

Too bad they didn't include the January 23, 1974 episode with Scherrie, Mary & Cindy. The video quality of "All I Want" on YouTube,etc. is poor.

That's great. It is a mystery to me why the clips on Youtube are poor quality when these shows were rebroadcast on TV Land in recent years.

^sort of like the old situation with multiple generations of cassette bootlegs. I loaded pretty much all of the individual Ed Sullivan episodes. converted by vhs tape to digital and then uploaded to youtube. Not sure of the "technical" description but the videos are not the highquality that the original vhs was. i don't know if the correct phrase is theyve been condensed or what but the clarity isn't there.

there's a site called Keeptube which lets you download files from youtube. i think this further reduced the file size and the quality.

on this episode MJL did YWSSL and Lean On Me, along with a skit. does anyone know what all is included in the dvd? is it the full episode? or just what TV land broadcast [[no Lean On Me)

They did a skit and sang "Lean On Me" on The Flip Wilson Show, not Sonny and Cher. They only performed "Your Wonderful Sweet Sweet Love" there

Quote Originally Posted by Weslley Francisco View Post
    They did a skit and sang "Lean On Me" on The Flip Wilson Show, not Sonny and Cher. They only performed "Your Wonderful Sweet Sweet Love" there
    They were also involved in the finale "Headlines In the Papers", Mary standing on Cher's left, Lynda & Jean alongside Sonny who is seated. Lynda has a small speaking part. All partipate in singing, but the entire track is purposefully sped up to give a Chipmunk-like effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Weslley Francisco View Post
    hahah duh! oops on the brain fart here

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluckyme View Post
    They were also involved in the finale "Headlines In the Papers", Mary standing on Cher's left, Lynda & Jean alongside Sonny who is seated. Lynda has a small speaking part. All partipate in singing, but the entire track is purposefully sped up to give a Chipmunk-like effect.
    Yes that is right. I remember the skit. I also remember Mary and Cher being friends in the 70s.