[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross in Grand Rapids 7-16-19

Diana's concert yesterday evening was just wonderful! Obviously I was very excited to attend my first Diana concert, which started off great meeting Bertha and Cal of The Velvelettes in the lobby before the show! When Diana entered the stage for the first time, I couldn't believe I was actually seeing someone I've loved and admired since I was around 12 years old. Diana was in great voice and spirits and absolutely did not disappoint this fan! There were times I just said aloud, "She still has IT!"! I could still see and hear things that were just the same as the Diana of 50 years ago, it was somewhat surreal.

Rhonda opened the show and in my opinion did quite well. At one point Rhonda called out to see if their Lyft driver was in the audience, which he had literally just arrived a bit late. She said her mother and her went out "incognito" about town earlier in the day and Diana got to visit Walgreens, lol.

This concert was the thing fond memories are made of. I know it will be an event I will never forget!
    Darin

Name:  Miss Ross.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  35.5 KB

Looks like you had a great seat, too! Diana is indeed a wonderful performer and I'm glad you had such a great experience.

I saw your picture on Facebook with the Velvelettes; what a treat. Awesome.

First Toledo, now Grand Rapids........Peoria, here she comes! LOL!!!!

I was in the 12th row so yes, I got to see her quite well! It was certainly well worth paying for better seats. It was a great time for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    First Toledo, now Grand Rapids........Peoria, here she comes! LOL!!!!
    I don't know about Peoria on the upcoming schedule, but she did play at the State Farm Center about an hour and a half away from Peoria in Champaign, IL about a week ago. Foreigner and Kenny Chesney were among the big acts to appear earlier this year. I think Ringo Starr will be there soon and Miranda Lambert.

She did play Peoria back in March 1983. A sold out show I'm betting.