[REMOVE ADS]

Velvelettes at Diana Ross concert.....

My partner and I were waiting in the atrium last evening waiting for the house to open when I noticed a lady that walked by looked very familiar. I said I'm sure that was a Velvelette! I walked over where she was waiting for the elevator and asked, "Are you a Velvelette?", just as I looked to my right and saw I was standing in front of Cal!!

Bertha and Cal were extremely gracious ladies. They chatted with us for probably 10 minutes before heading up to their seats. Cal showed me a picture of her handsome grandson, just like we were old friends catching up on life.

We waited for them after the show and they said they enjoyed it very much. The lady they were with said she told the people around them they were seated with Motown royalty, and they certainly were!! I felt very privileged to meet them and made a great memory, as they are the first I've personally met from the Motown family.
    Thank you Bertha and Cal for making the night even more memorable!
    Darin

Name:  Velvelettes.jpg
Views: 654
Size:  74.4 KB

I met Cal personally in the UK on a Motown Event, she is such a lovley warmth lady, very amazing to meet her. It was one of the highlights in my life.

I forgot to mention I asked Cal what perfume she was wearing as she smelled lovely....she said it was "Diamond Diana"!

Quote Originally Posted by DWSheffer View Post
    I forgot to mention I asked Cal what perfume she was wearing as she smelled lovely....she said it was "Diamond Diana"!
    What a nice story, DW! I'm quite jealous

a great story:
    Once in Boston, we went to a play called The Roast, directed & starring Rob Meathead Reiner.
    During intermission, my wife, who was always late was the last one out of rest room. On the way back in the lobby, who stops us but Carl Reiner, & he asked "What do you think of the play?" I didn't want to go back in. I wanted to continue talking to Carl. But we had to

edafan

What a nice story, Darin. An evening you won't soon forget. Thanks for posting the pic of these gracious ladies. Motown royalty, indeed.

OMG HOW AWESOME... at a DIANA ROSS concert, you bump into THE VELVELETTES... what could be better!!?

Thats a great memory to have.Glad you enjoyed the concert & meeting Cal & Bertha was the icing on the cake.

Thanks all for the nice comments. It really was a chance encounter that I will not soon forget!
    Darin

Really nice photo, DW. Congrats on your once-in-a-lifetime moment!

Very lucky chap you are Darin!

The ladies were invited to the concert. Rhonda sang with her mother on I Will Survive but there was no encore.

By all accounts, it was a great show.

Bertha and Cal

Name:  IMG-20190719-WA0003.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  93.1 KB