[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Quiet Elegance

Quiet Elegance

A group that isn't discussed around here much.
    I really enjoy their only album. Lois Reeves was in this
    group. I wish they would have given Lois a lead or two.

Will have to look them up. Never heard of them.

I recall that they were managed by the Temptations [[I seem to remember Melvin Franklin in particular being linked with them). This is confirmed on Wikipedia, which adds the group's Yvonne 'Frankie' Gearing was engaged to the Tempts' Dennis Edwards.

Lois looks so different than on her Vandellas covers. I'd love to hear this. There's a collection on Amazon but it's listed at $48 or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Lois looks so different than on her Vandellas covers. I'd love to hear this. There's a collection on Amazon but it's listed at $48 or something like that.
    I just saw one for $20.01 on Amazon.

You can listen to the entire recording output of Quiet Elegance on Spotify. The trio recorded some absolute gems, one of my favourite cds. Be aware the style is more Hi Records / southern soul and far removed from Detroit / Motown.

The tracks are assigned the wrong titles on Spotify.
    Last edited by MIKEW-UK; 07-19-2019 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEW-UK View Post
    You can listen to the entire recording output of Quiet Elegance on Spotify. The trio recorded some absolute gems, one of my favourite cds. Be aware the style is more Hi Records / southern soul and far removed from Detroit / Motown.

The tracks are assigned the wrong titles on Spotify.
    Thanks for that information, MIKEW. A gem it is and correct about it being removed
    from Motown/Detroit sound.

Here's a link to The Temptations. 'Will You Be My Man [[In The Morning)? Great southern soul record.

Not what you would expect when you see the credits.

Composer credits are Frankie Gearing [[lead singer Quiet Elegance), David Van DePitte [[famed Motown arranger) and David English [[aka Melvin Franklin) and Otis Williams of The Temptations.

Found this one at my local fleamarket a couple of weeks ago:Name:  R-7344762-1496152598-2623.jpeg.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  89.4 KBName:  R-7344762-1496152601-9768.jpeg.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  58.3 KB

I had a Quiet Elegance compilation back in the early 2000s, which I bought deaf to anything on it. I knew Lois Reeves was in the group so I figured it would be good stuff. Other than "I'm Afraid of Losing You" none of the songs really did anything for me. You win some, you lose some.

I saw member Millie Scott many times as a backup singer with Aretha Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    I just saw one for $20.01 on Amazon.
    Right Lakeside, that's the CD that I have : https://www.discogs.com/Quiet-Elegan...elease/2046576

All those sides are fabulous, too bad there is no LP !

After Quiet Elegance the lead singer Frankie Gearing had a nice album released in Japan "Just Frankie", also recommended. https://www.discogs.com/Frankie-Gear...elease/3578976

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEW-UK View Post
    Here's a link to The Temptations. 'Will You Be My Man [[In The Morning)? Great southern soul record.

Not what you would expect when you see the credits.

Composer credits are Frankie Gearing [[lead singer Quiet Elegance), David Van DePitte [[famed Motown arranger) and David English [[aka Melvin Franklin) and Otis Williams of The Temptations.

Love their sound