[REMOVE ADS]

Any One Still Have Those Small CD 3 Music Disc That Came Out Around the Early 90's?

I have the 3 that I purchased back then. I tried to post a picture but was unable to post it here for some reason. There were other artist available but these are the ones I picked up back then:

Billy Stewart: Summertime, I Do Love You, I'm No Romeo, Sitting In The Park

The Fifth Dimension: Medley Aquarius/Let The Sun Shine In, Stone Soul Picnic, The Flesh Failures, Let It Be Me

The Delfonics: La La Means I Love You, Didn't I Blow Your Mind, Ready Or Not Here I Come

I guess the 3" disc were just a novelty as they didn't seem to take off but they were cute and sounded good. I'll have to check my CD compatible players as I often update equipment. New audio technology is not compatible with these small disc but I think my older 5 disc Sony SACD player will play them. Anyone with more information on this format?

Edit: Picture did post after all but the second one was a mistake.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by mr_june; 07-16-2019 at 03:28 PM.

I have one of Diana Ross with a few of her Motown hits.

I have Don't be cruel - Bobby Brown, This time I know it's for real - Donna Summer, Devotion - Ten City, It's only love - Simply Red and four by Karyn White. In my defence, Simply Red was purchased for an instrumental jazz track titled X. They play fine on my CD player. There is a 3" dia inlay or you can put an adapter around the outside of the disc. Sort of like those spiders used on 7" vinyl but outer as opposed to inner. I think that's what killed the genre to be honest. Easier just to put them on 5" I suspect.

I have a couple of them, though the only one I remember off hand is Al Green. I'll have to find them when I get home for more specifics.

I wasn't able to separate the pics. tried emailing you but it bounced. Anyway, I don't see a problem.

I have a few CD singles from the early '90s. They're all from Rhino Records and they each feature 4 songs by The Classics IV, Nancy Sinatra & The Bobby Fuller Four. I thought they were a great alternative at the time to having to by a whole CD [[or LP) by artists that I only want a few songs by.

I have loads of them: Luther V, Grace Jones, Donna Summer, Marlena Shaw, Earth Wind & Fire, Madonna, Vogues, Liza Minelli, Jacksons, prob 40 or 50.
    To play in a normal cd player you need a special plastic inlay, but some older players dont need it.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    I wasn't able to separate the pics. tried emailing you but it bounced. Anyway, I don't see a problem.
    Thanks Ralph, all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    I have loads of them: Luther V, Grace Jones, Donna Summer, Marlena Shaw, Earth Wind & Fire, Madonna, Vogues, Liza Minelli, Jacksons, prob 40 or 50.
    To play in a normal cd player you need a special plastic inlay, but some older players dont need it.
    Thanks Jacko, never heard of that inlay but I will seek one out for sure.

So, I found my two discs. The first is Al Green featuring Can't Get Next To You, Let's Stay Together, Light My Fire, Tired Of Being Alone. The second is The CBS Records CD3 Sampler featuring Cult Of Personality by Living Color, Tribute [[Right On) by The Pasadenas, Voices Of Babylon by The Outfield, Kid Fears by Indigo Girls. Also, I have the inlay in order to play them.
    Name:  mini-disc.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  33.1 KB