[REMOVE ADS]

Motown's Marvelous marketing Machine

A few of Motown's adverts shown on this site

http://www.voicesofeastanglia.com/20...g-machine.html

A real 'treasure trove' of Motown adverts on that site. Thanks for sharing Booty.

Holy cow. A lot of advertisements I have never seen, especially the one for the
    Spinners. Thanks for alerting us.

Now those really bring back some memories. Thank you Booty!

Quote Originally Posted by booty View Post
    A few of Motown's adverts shown on this site

http://www.voicesofeastanglia.com/20...g-machine.html
    Yes, great vintage artwork. Thanks for finding these.

This page is awesome!

Great trip down Memory Lane! I halfway expected to see one that I remembered from 1972. The Black Magic album had just come out, along with whatever Stevie released at the same time. Then there were two new up and coming Motown artists [[don't remember who they were) that also released albums around the same time. So on the front cover of either Billboard or Cashbox, I remember an ad showing all four albums and the catchphrase was "The Newest by the Best and the Best by the Newest." Of course, little did we know that it would turn out to be the last Motown album by Martha.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    Great trip down Memory Lane! I halfway expected to see one that I remembered from 1972. The Black Magic album had just come out, along with whatever Stevie released at the same time. Then there were two new up and coming Motown artists [[don't remember who they were) that also released albums around the same time. So on the front cover of either Billboard or Cashbox, I remember an ad showing all four albums and the catchphrase was "The Newest by the Best and the Best by the Newest." Of course, little did we know that it would turn out to be the last Motown album by Martha.
    I do remember seeing some of these ads. Some even posted in record stores in Detroit at the time.