[REMOVE ADS]

Martha Reeves Celebrity Masterchef UK

Isn’t Martha the most extraordinary person?

It has just been announced that Martha is to be a contestant in the very popular and widely watched UK series Celebrity Masterchef, which features Celebrities competing to be the winning chef. At 77 years of age Martha wins a very high profile and potentially highly lucrative opportunity to show off her cooking skills in the kitchen. Celebrity Masterchef is a very good platform for Martha as it avoids the crap content and maintains a degree of respect and dignity for all the contestants.

This is great news, and unexpected. I don’t watch the show but would make a point of watching it now.

Great news. Hope we can see it in the States. I see a best selling cookbook in Dr Reeves future.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Great news. Hope we can see it in the States. I see a best selling cookbook in Dr Reeves future.
    Patti LaBelle move over!!!

but will she cook with Honey, Chile?

I bet she "promises to wait" for the food to be cooked

The show is due to be recorded very soon and is likely to be screened in September or October.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    but will she cook with Honey, Chile?
    I posed this question to her via email and the response I received was "We've got honey, love".

I really, REALLY hope Martha's careful in the kitchen. I wouldn't want her to cut her "Third Finger, Left Hand."

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    i really, really hope martha's careful in the kitchen. I wouldn't want her to cut her "third finger, left hand."
    lolololololol.

I guess Martha was approached by the makers of Celebrity Masterchef? I do wonder if she was Easily Persuaded by the producers.

When the time comes "Show Me the Way" to find this on my TV. OK "I Tried," but that was the best I could come up with. You guys are too good for me!

I expect a lot of Sugar n' Spice.

Hopefully Martha has been well briefed on the format. Working in busy kitchens gets so hot, it’s like a Heat Wave.

I'm sure she has a killer recipe for "Chili! Chili! Oh Chili Mac, when are you coming back!"

Martha's a real Live Wire in the kitchen, because she knows there is only One Way Out, and that's to cook with Soul Appeal.

Y'all got some good ones going!! Funny stuff.

I just hope that if Martha wins, she doesn't turn to the other contestant[[s) and tell them "You're the loser now".

Judge: "How many eggs did you put in, Martha"
    Martha: "It takes two"

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Y'all got some good ones going!! Funny stuff.

I just hope that if Martha wins, she doesn't turn to the other contestant[[s) and tell them "You're the loser now".
    After which, she'll declare, "I'm a Winner!"

And if Martha loses, all that confectionery, she might say"If I Had A Hammer".......

I am sure there will be "No One There" who can match her talent.

Won't it be so wonderful to see Miss Martha juggling those pots and pans. However it turns out, Happiness is Guaranteed that's for sure! I Hope She Don't Get Her Hob Broke....

keep stirrin' in the pot now.....

We all know that Martha made some of Motown's best records, but the question is -- can she cook? I guess we'll just have to "Leave It In The Hands Of Love"!

Chances are good that Martha's steaks will be tender and juicy. But if they should over-cook, they'll taste like a "Shoe-Leather Expressway"! 😎

Ha Ha
    Martha ,whilst taking me and my friend to a Detroit talent rehearsal in a local club, had her driver stop off at a drive through burger bar...that meal WOULD not win her any food contest.

I've only ever seen clips of this before but I would try and watch a whole episode or two to see Martha in action!!!

Martha's first episode on BBC1's "Celebrity Masterchef" goes out on Monday 16 September at 21.00.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEW-UK View Post
    Isn’t Martha the most extraordinary person?

It has just been announced that Martha is to be a contestant in the very popular and widely watched UK series Celebrity Masterchef, which features Celebrities competing to be the winning chef. At 77 years of age Martha wins a very high profile and potentially highly lucrative opportunity to show off her cooking skills in the kitchen. Celebrity Masterchef is a very good platform for Martha as it avoids the crap content and maintains a degree of respect and dignity for all the contestants.
    I've heard that Martha is a very good cook.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    I've only ever seen clips of this before but I would try and watch a whole episode or two to see Martha in action!!!
    I have never watched it either Tom, but i may well tune in to support the magnificent Ms Martha.

Martha is doing well. You go girl! She's making a burger at the moment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcone

I was impressed by Martha's stated willingness to learn.

Next episode Wednesday 18 September at 20.00.

The BBC iPlayer is only accessible in the UK of course.

Right on SWEET DARLIN. Let our HONEY CHILE cook up a storm. That kitchen will sure enough be a HEATWAVE.

After Wednesday Martha is still in the competition. What an endearing character and great fun too. And so sprightly and bright minded for her age. Levi would have been good on this, and possibly billy Gordon. But I’m not so sure about David Ruffin or Diana!!

Haven't seen any of the shows, but read a few UK articles about Martha on the show.

Seems she should've rehearsed 'Mashed Potato Time' before her appearance

Martha did well last night.

We find out if she gets through to the semi-finals on tomorrow's show [[Friday 20 September at 21.00.

Martha did not get through to the next round. Her chicken was fantastic, but her mashed potatoes were watery and lumpy. Maybe she should have gone "Cookin' With The Miracles".