[REMOVE ADS]

Martha and the Vandellas Tour Dates

Martha and her sisters have announced tour dates for the rest of the year.

• Friday, August 9, Ann Arbor, MI, The Celebrate Ann Arbor Festival
    • Saturday, August 17, Waltham, MA, The Waltham Commons
    • Tuesday, August 20, Amsterdam, The Concert Building
    • Thursday, August 22, Stockton on Tees, ARC
    • Friday, August 23, Leeds, The Brudenell Social Club
    • Saturday, August 24, Stoke on Trent,The Sugarmill
    • Monday, August 26, Camden, London,Dingwalls
    • Thursday, October 24, Liverpool, Hangar 34
    • Friday, October 25, Cottingham,Civic Hall
    • Sunday, October 27, Cork, Ireland, The Cork Guinness Jazz Festival
    • Saturday, November 16, Atlantic City, Hard Rock Cafe [[with Mary Wilson of the Supremes)
    • Saturday, November 30, Essex, UK,City Pavilion
    • Thursday, December 5-Sunday, December 8, Park City, UT, The Egyptian Theatre
    • Tuesday, December 31, Stoneham, MA, The Greater Boston Stage Company

Thanks for posting this schedule. I was surprised to see that they will be performing in my hometown of Waltham, MA. I will definitely try to attend. I hope this event receives plenty of advertising.

I missed Scherrie, Susaye and Joyce's appearance at this same annual event last summer. I don't think last year's event received much notice. I have siblings and extended family who still live in that city and no one ever mentioned the FLOS appearance either before or after the event. I would have liked to have seen that concert. Coincidentally the first time I saw The Supremes was in February 1966 in my hometown of Waltham at Brandeis University. Seeing the FLOS in 2018 would have brought everything full-circle.

I saw Martha, Lois and Delphine, along with Mary W in the neighboring town of Lexington, MA just a year ago. In another coincidence MR&V were to appear in Waltham in 1968 at a concert sponsored by another local university, Bentley College, but that concert was cancelled, to my disappointment, due to illness.

I will try to make the August 17, at The Waltham Commons, MA

edafan

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpmoves View Post
    Martha and her sisters have announced tour dates for the rest of the year.

• Friday, August 9, Ann Arbor, MI, The Celebrate Ann Arbor Festival
    • Saturday, August 17, Waltham, MA, The Waltham Commons
    • Tuesday, August 20, Amsterdam, The Concert Building
    • Thursday, August 22, Stockton on Tees, ARC
    • Friday, August 23, Leeds, The Brudenell Social Club
    • Saturday, August 24, Stoke on Trent,The Sugarmill
    • Monday, August 26, Camden, London,Dingwalls
    • Thursday, October 24, Liverpool, Hangar 34
    • Friday, October 25, Cottingham,Civic Hall
    • Sunday, October 27, Cork, Ireland, The Cork Guinness Jazz Festival
    • Saturday, November 16, Atlantic City, Hard Rock Cafe [[with Mary Wilson of the Supremes)
    • Saturday, November 30, Essex, UK,City Pavilion
    • Thursday, December 5-Sunday, December 8, Park City, UT, The Egyptian Theatre
    • Tuesday, December 31, Stoneham, MA, The Greater Boston Stage Company
    This warms my hearte. The First Lady of Motown Dr Martha Reeves is still in grdeat demand and loved by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    This warms my hearte. The First Lady of Motown Dr Martha Reeves is still in grdeat demand and loved by millions.
    I feel the same, Ms. Roberta! It's a very nice schedule of appearances for our Dr. Reeves; I hope she appears nearer to the NYC metro area again before too long.

Just a reminder for those in the Boston area that Martha Reeves and the Vandellas will be at a free concert event in Waltham, MA Saturday August 17.

https://www.city.waltham.ma.us/mayor...e/events/86093

Not sure this was advertised very well, family and friends who live in that city never heard anything about it. [[Same with the appearance by Scherrie, Susaye and Joyce last summer.)

I had the pleasure of seeing Martha and her sisters last summer. However, they were only considered the "opening act" for The Spinners, which was a little disconcerting. So they only performed for half an hour or so and hit only the highlights of their hits.

But later they made themselves available for autographs and conversation and that was fun. I found Martha to be delightful and when we discussed one of my favorite songs, she would sing a line or two from it.