[REMOVE ADS]

What's your take on the kaepernick protest?

Although i understand where he's coming from,i don't really have an issue with the shoe design,that first flag has never really been an issue with me,i actually like the design from just a physical standpoint,now if the shoe had the confederate flag or a black jockey i would'vd have problem..let me hear from you on this.

I vowed to support Colin's protest from the very beginning. That's about all I can say.

Once again, Colin's right! This piece from Rolling Stone.com says it all.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/betsy-ross-flag-nike-colin-kaepernick-patriot-movement-ku-klux-klan-854612/

Jai, you know my stand. I didn't watch the NFL last season and I'm THIS close to writing it off again. I agree with him 100% about a shoe that bears a flag that flew over a country that didn't consider my ancestors to be human. And if you think airing a grievance that goes back to this country's birth is too much to fret over, ask yourself why we hear about every hero of the Revolutionary War but Crispus Attucks.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry oz View Post
    jai, you know my stand. I didn't watch the nfl last season and i'm this close to writing it off again. I agree with him 100% about a shoe that bears a flag that flew over a country that didn't consider my ancestors to be human. And if you think airing a grievance that goes back to this country's birth is too much to fret over, ask yourself why we hear about every hero of the revolutionary war but crispus attucks.
    ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear you jerry and as always you're on point,and i agree 1,000% on the historic part i'm just speaking from an artistic viewpoint..no i would not have bought the shoes.

Oh. From an artistic standpoint, shoes are shoes. I never paid more the $40 for a pair of athletic shoes and it could be ugly as heck and I'll still wear it if it feels good. But also from an artistic standpoint, I wouldn't sport anything bearing the colonial flag. By the way, the US flag code says the flag should never be worn on clothing so the people who are mad at Nike aren't even on board with the propriety of using it as fashion statement.