[REMOVE ADS]

Happy Birthday...

To America, as well as one of our Vandellas, Annette Beard who turns 76 years old today. I just had the local radio station play "You've Been In Love Too Long" after they announced her birthday. I hope you have a great day Annette!
    Darin

Quote Originally Posted by DWSheffer View Post
    To America, as well as one of our Vandellas, Annette Beard who turns 76 years old today. I just had the local radio station play "You've Been In Love Too Long" after they announced her birthday. I hope you have a great day Annette!
    Darin
    That is absolutely great. I was unaware that local radio stations would do such a kind gesture.

Thanks.

Yes, we have a great local station WCSR that plays all genres of music, a lot depends on who's DJ'ing at the time. You're still likely to hear "Helpless" by Kim Weston, "All I Do" by Tammi Terrell, "Going To A Go-Go" and many others that I would call obscure songs today since they are not in general rotation by many non-satellite radio stations I would surmise. I know all of the songs mentioned are not obscure to us fanatics, but to the general population they would be.
    Quite regularly they go through celebrity birthdays and play songs by musical artists on the list. I just didn't want them to play "Dancing In The Street" as usual, so called in YBILTL to give the public something they may not have heard in years or ever for that matter!
    Darin