[REMOVE ADS]

Smile It's time to play - The Hall of Fame Name Game

Janet [[Rock and Roll Hall of Fame)
    Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott [[Songwriting)

Just 2 iconic artists inducted, recently, into a hallowed hall of fame.
    Some, over the years have deserved it! Others? Not so much.

Well, why don't take up the mantle for those "unsung" artists - Motown or otherwise - whom WE feel deserve it, but didn't receive it!
    Simply answer that question: Why not?

Hands over you buzzers...Go!

LaBelle. Mary Wells.

Chic. Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds.

Dionne Warwick, Edwin Starr, Chubby Checker.

I cannot believe Dionne is not in Hall of Fame.
    Last edited by luke; 07-01-2019 at 04:01 PM.

Rufus. Featuring. Chaka. Khan. Absolutely criminal that they've been snubbed so many times.

Chubby Checker

Richard Street

---------------------

Quote Originally Posted by edafan View Post
    Chubby Checker

Richard Street

---------------------
    Richard should have went in with the Temptations. I did not understand why he was excluded.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I cannot believe Dionne is not in Hall of Fame.
    Talk about a travesty!

Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    Talk about a travesty!
    Is it because she doesn't play the guitar? Just asking............

Come to think of it, Whitney is not there either! She had her first record more than 25 years ago, which is the cut off criteria.

I'm still mad that the-singin bunny rabbits aren't in there,i mean they recorded the classic-here comes peter cotton tale...is there no justice?

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    I'm still mad that the-singin bunny rabbits aren't in there,i mean they recorded the classic-here comes peter cotton tale...is there no justice?
    Wasn't Rock enough unfortunately..........LOL!

Yea right! Lol. The Ronettes and Shirelles are in and Dionne isn’t!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Richard should have went in with the Temptations. I did not understand why he was excluded.
    My assumption, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, can only afford to smelt enough metal for the awards for the most iconic legendary names of highest influence on the POP charts, meaning Temptations-wise, David, Otis, Melvin, Eddie, Paul - the original hit-making line-up present for "My Girl", "Get Ready", and "Ain't Too Proud To Beg", and Dennis, who first proved the Temptations are here to stay after David left, with such massively known hits like "Cloud Nine", "I Can't Get Next To You", and "Papa Was A Rollin' Stone".

The Temptations, after all, was most commercially known, their crossover top ten pop and r&b period, 1964 - 1972-73, "Masterpiece" being their last pop top ten hit, but still long today not as known as "Papa Was A Rollin' Stone". Richard Street was only on the tail end of it.

After all, why not Daimon Harris? Glenn Leonard? Or, by the of the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame induction, Ron Tyson and Ali-Ollie Woodson?
    Last edited by Ngroove; 07-03-2019 at 03:29 PM.

I don't think Connie Francis is in there and she was the first female Rock and Roll star.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngroove View Post
    My assumption, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, can only afford to smelt enough metal for the awards for the most iconic legendary names of highest influence on the POP charts, meaning Temptations-wise, David, Otis, Melvin, Eddie, Paul - the original hit-making line-up present for "My Girl", "Get Ready", and "Ain't Too Proud To Beg", and Dennis, who first proved the Temptations are here to stay after David left, with such massively known hits like "Cloud Nine", "I Can't Get Next To You", and "Papa Was A Rollin' Stone".

The Temptations, after all, was most commercially known, their crossover top ten pop and r&b period, 1964 - 1972-73, "Masterpiece" being their last pop top ten hit, but still long today not as known as "Papa Was A Rollin' Stone". Richard Street was only on the tail end of it.

After all, why not Daimon Harris? Glenn Leonard? Or, by the of the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame induction, Ron Tyson and Ali-Ollie Woodson?
    Yeah, I would buy that but, Sammy Strain was inducted twice. Once as a member of Little Anthony and the Imperials and once as a replacement member in the O'Jays. Speaking of which, Bobby Massey, an early member of the O'Jays was also inducted and he did not appear on any of the group's hits.

This is why the Rhythm and Blues Hall of Fame is becoming more important as it pertains to honoring the accomplishments of black artists and musicians.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I don't think Connie Francis is in there and she was the first female Rock and Roll star.
    No, Connie Francis isn't in the R&R Hall Of Fame, Marv, but she sure as heck should be. She had tons of hits in America as well as around the globe, yet the R&R HOF powers-that-be continue snubbing her year after year [[the snobby bastards)!

1. Kool & The Gang
    2. Jr. Walker & The All Stars
    3. The Shangri-Las
    4. Teddy Pendergrass
    5. Luther Vandross
    6. The Marvelettes
    7. War
    8. Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels