[REMOVE ADS]

"New" Diana Ross website - Go For Your Dreams

Hi all,

My website dedicated to Diana Ross is just one year old ! I guess some of you here might find it of some interest...

http://dianarosssupremes.free.fr/

Laurent

Hi Laurent - passed me by, so thanks for the news! Best to you, Laurent of France!
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 06-28-2019 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Hi Laurent - passed me by, so thanks for the news! Best to you, Laurent of France!
    Me too. First i have heard of it. I bet Marv has been a regular visitor to the site. Ha ha.

Thank you. Looks very nice.

So wonderful to learn about another fan from France.
    Wish you the very best for this long term task

Just a few words to let you all know that the 7" singles part of the site has now been
    completed [[the Supremes & Diana Ross).
    So far, I counted 902 picture sleeves [[singles & EPs), not counting the many promos and labels...

And don't forget to visit the Album [[Expanded) page to know all about the alternate versions and were to find them [[60s only so far).

http://dianarosssupremes.free.fr/

Congrats, Laurent.

Fascinating site and an awful lot of work has gone into it.

I couldn't find any link on the Contact page.

I don't know if I'm reading it right but I can't see the following singles listed for the UK:

Take Me Higher
    I'm Gone
    I Will Survive

The US singles seem to stop at 1991.

I had always thought Waiting In The Wings and You're Gonna Love it were US singles?

Unless they're in the 12" or CD section which there doesn't seem to be access to?

I decided to separate the 7" singles [[vinyls) from the cd singles, therefore all the titles you mentioned are not displayed yet as they were not released on vinyls. The cd singles pages are still under construction [[180 cd singles to scan... I'll need a little more time ), as well as the 12" singles [[12" are a hell to scan, I rather not think about it...)

Waiting In The Wings exists on promo only [[cd single and 12")

The link to the contact page is on the menu, but there's no direct link to send an email: you have to copy and paste the adress from the contact page. I know it's not very practical, but it's to avoid emails being sent by robots [[I should include a captcha... so many things to do...)

Thanks for your interest and your compliments

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I decided to separate the 7" singles [[vinyls) from the cd singles, therefore all the titles you mentioned are not displayed yet as they were not released on vinyls. The cd singles pages are still under construction [[180 cd singles to scan... I'll need a little more time ), as well as the 12" singles [[12" are a hell to scan, I rather not think about it...)

Waiting In The Wings exists on promo only [[cd single and 12")

The link to the contact page is on the menu, but there's no direct link to send an email: you have to copy and paste the adress from the contact page. I know it's not very practical, but it's to avoid emails being sent by robots [[I should include a captcha... so many things to do...)

Thanks for your interest and your compliments
    In the US, an alternate version of WAITING IN THE WINGS was released on cassingle.

Also in the US, YOU'RE GONNA LOVE IT was released as a 12", cassette maxi-single, and a cd maxi-single.
    Last edited by reese; 02-25-2021 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    In the US, an alternate version of WAITING IN THE WINGS was released on cassingle.

Also in the US, YOU'RE GONNA LOVE IT was released as a 12", cassette maxi-single, and a cd maxi-single.

Oh, I forgot about the cassette singles ! I have those, well I have Waiting In The Wings and You're Gonna Love It on the same cassette single [[reference 3746321454). Mine is still sealed and the version listed of Waiting In The Wings is the extended remix version, which is also on the promo cd single. Is the version on the cassette different than the cd singles ? I don't want to unsealed it just to check... but if it's a different version, I will !
    There's also another version of Waiting In The Wings on the UK cd single of One Shining Moment [[Waiting In The Wings New Version) which is really different to the album track...

Oh, I forgot about the cassette singles ! I have those, well I have Waiting In The Wings and You're Gonna Love It on the same cassette single [[reference 3746321454). Mine is still sealed and the version listed of Waiting In The Wings is the extended remix version, which is also on the promo cd single. Is the version on the cassette different than the cd singles ? I don't want to unsealed it just to check... but if it's a different version, I will !
    There's also another version of Waiting In The Wings on the UK cd single of One Shining Moment [[Waiting In The Wings New Version) which is really different to the album track...
    The cassette single of Waiting In The Wings is the version that appears on Forever, Diana...

If I remember correctly, the version of WAITING IN THE WINGS on the cassingle is the same version that appears on the FOREVER DIANA boxed set, the alternate version with a sax solo by Gerald Albright.

Re versions on other cd singles, I honestly couldn't tell you if they are the same or different. Many of those are put away in boxes and I haven't played them in years

I love this site and I am really looking forward to the CD singles and CD albums, to see if I spot anything I am missing from my own CD collection.
    Keep up the good work Laurent!

Wow what a beautiful beautiful site and project Laurent.
    I can't wait to digest it when I have time to really look at it , visually wonderful!!
    Obviously a labor of love.

Have you heard from Diana Ross regarding your work?
    I'd like to think so!
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 02-26-2021 at 12:13 PM.

Congratulations on a beautiful and informative site. It's amazing to view how productive The Supremes were with recording and touring.
    I just discovered, through your informative web page, that The Supremes opened for Judy Garland in Houston, Texas. You have a great web page. Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    If I remember correctly, the version of WAITING IN THE WINGS on the cassingle is the same version that appears on the FOREVER DIANA boxed set, the alternate version with a sax solo by Gerald Albright.

Re versions on other cd singles, I honestly couldn't tell you if they are the same or different. Many of those are put away in boxes and I haven't played them in years
    I totally forgot about the version on the Forever Diana box set ! I just checked the versions on the promo cd single [[Radio remix edit) and the box set [[Remix) and they are the same [[the promo cd singles also have an extended version of it and the lp version).

The interesting thing is that it's not just a remix, the voice take is not the same on LP and the remix.

Quote Originally Posted by djessie View Post
    I love this site and I am really looking forward to the CD singles and CD albums, to see if I spot anything I am missing from my own CD collection.
    Keep up the good work Laurent!

And if you spot something that is missing on the site, I count on you [[and everybody) to let me know. I gladly make additions to have it the more complete as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Wow what a beautiful beautiful site and project Laurent.
    I can't wait to digest it when I have time to really look at it , visually wonderful!!
    Obviously a labor of love.

Have you heard from Diana Ross regarding your work?
    I'd like to think so!

No, I haven't heard from her and I think she has probably better thing to do - lol.

And that's really not the reason I'm doing it. As I wrote on the site, I am doing it because I was frustrated that such a site didn't exist when they exist for other lesser important artists [[only my point of view) with almost complete and organized data. I felt she deserved a more consistent site that reflects the importance she has in the music history and corrects the too many errors I read eveywhere [[most of this is explained in the Timeline introduction).
    There's still plenty of work to be done and I just wish I had more time to work on it.

I totally forgot about the version on the Forever Diana box set ! I just checked the versions on the promo cd single [[Radio remix edit) and the box set [[Remix) and they are the same [[the promo cd singles also have an extended version of it and the lp version).

The interesting thing is that it's not just a remix, the voice take is not the same on LP and the remix.
    Yes, when I bought the cassingle, I was really surprised to find that it was a totally different version than that on the album. I always wondered what the motive was behind that. But that project was so bungled in the US that I guess they would have tried anything.

Hi All,

just a few words to let you know that thanks to the great help of blue_whippet and of Frans de Beer [[former founding member of the former International Diana Ross -Dutch- fan club) an updated itinerary of the Supremes in Europe in 1964 is online [[information and layout).

There's also 3 additionnal TV shows of that era [
    [listed in the Timeline & pics in the TVgraphy).

at : http://dianarosssupremes.free.fr/

Not yet got around to checking this site out. Thanks for the reminder.

Hi All,

just a few words to let you know that thanks to the great help of blue_whippet and of Frans de Beer [[former founding member of the former International Diana Ross -Dutch- fan club) an updated itinerary of the Supremes in Europe in 1964 is online [[information and layout).

There's also 3 additionnal TV shows of that era [
    [listed in the Timeline & pics in the TVgraphy).

at : http://dianarosssupremes.free.fr/
    Three more tv shows..great news..the site is brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
    The cassette single of Waiting In The Wings is the version that appears on Forever, Diana...
    The Forever Diana Waiting In the Wings 93 remix is my FAVORITE version. Definitely one of my favorite Diana Ross songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Not yet got around to checking this site out. Thanks for the reminder.
    Hi Bluebrock,

I'm eager to know what you think of the site !