[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Your defense if Mary is light compared to your defense of Diana. All in saying is be equal with whom you’re defending.

I agree blackguy69, I'm done with this thread. I really just wanted to find out how that July 1st date was determined but I actually am regretting starting this thread. The same 6 or 7 troublemakers as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    Your defense if Mary is light compared to your defense of Diana. All in saying is be equal with whom you’re defending.
    Then you be equal as well because imo your defense of Ross is light compare to your defense of Mary.

I do defend Mary but Mary Wilsons isnt my favorite Supreme Diana is but I love all of the Supremes all of them. How can you love the Supremes and listen to there music but despise one of them? Its real odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Then you be equal as well because imo your defense of Ross is light compare to your defense of Mary.

I do defend Mary but Mary Wilsons isnt my favorite Supreme Diana is but I love all of the Supremes all of them. How can you love the Supremes and listen to there music but despise one of them? Its real odd to me.
    Exactly Roberta! I agree 💯

Actually I ignore most of this crap and tell everyone to knock it off.

This is for all of the Diana haters, Mary haters and Marv’s shadow

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    Yeah I dont think Flo wanted to be in the group. I feel at some point she was hoping maybe things would work out but by '67, she seemed to just be going through the motions.

Shelley Berger has said that after the New Orleans fiasco, he saw Diana reading a note from Flo saying she didn't want to be in the group anymore. I don't think Flo wanted to quit out of loyalty, almost like how Diana didn't want to go solo too soon.
    That's quite interesting, and certainly makes Florence out to be a stronger person than the cult of victimizers would have us believe, and Diana less of a Lady Macbeth that same-said cult would like to portray her as.

Flo wanting to be out would make sense at that point...

Hopefully now that everyone has had their say we can get back to discussing the music that we all claim to love.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Hopefully now that everyone has had their say we can get back to discussing the music that we all claim to love.
    For more than 3 years, I resisted more or less answering. Mostly because of language barrier in fact. But some are playing silly games here.Let's try to go back to Miss Diana Ross. If possible, but I doubt

I truly believe Berry Gordy himself has to shoulder a lot of the blame for what transpired. Perhaps Flo would have left the group anyway, but it did not have to happen the way it did. He realised he could not control Florence so wanted her out. Diana and Mary were very young, he was a mature adult in his late 30's. He also happened to be THE BOSS.
    In truth i doubt we will ever know all the facts.

This happens in all groups, one take the lead, another is frustrated.
    In one hand you have a painful human experience, on another, the necessity to maintain success or make it work.
    There were 5 Beatles, than 4. Brian Jones had to leave the Beatles and died a few month later. Pink Floyd member Syd Barrett was replaced by his best friend David Gilmour.

The Supremes are no exception but the fact they are girls changes the perception.

Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    In one hand you have a painful human experience, on another, the necessity to maintain success or make it work.
    There were 5 Beatles, than 4. Brian Jones had to leave the Beatles and died a few month later. Pink Floyd member Syd Barrett was replaced by his best friend David Gilmour.
    For The Beatles it must have seemed like Brian Jones had never been there in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    For The Beatles it must have seemed like Brian Jones had never been there in the first place.
    You mean "The Stones"??? yes, but to this day, it's not an issue for Jagger or Richard.
    The 5th Beatles was Pete Best, he was a guitar player in the group from 61 to 62.

RIGHT?? I had thought that Florence Ballard's 'last day' as a Supreme was a known fact, but it is interesting that there are some differing opinions. Of course it can be debated what would constitute the 'last day': last day performing, last day being given a chance to perform, etc. But I do find the information that Florence wanted out to be interesting. Best to you in mid-Summer England!

Of course it could be said that there will never be a Florence Ballard 'last day' as a Supreme. As long as the records she was present on are played and as long as there are video clips of her in performance Florence Ballard will ALWAYS be a Supreme.

For more than 3 years, I resisted more or less answering. Mostly because of language barrier in fact. But some are playing silly games here.Let's try to go back to Miss Diana Ross. If possible, but I doubt
    It would be nice, but i am sure this particular feud has not yet ran out of steam.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    RIGHT?? I had thought that Florence Ballard's 'last day' as a Supreme was a known fact, but it is interesting that there are some differing opinions. Of course it can be debated what would constitute the 'last day': last day performing, last day being given a chance to perform, etc. But I do find the information that Florence wanted out to be interesting. Best to you in mid-Summer England!
    All good here. The sun is shining for the start of Wimbledon. All the best to you too!

It would be nice, but i am sure this particular feud has not yet ran out of steam.
    I don’t remember where she said that but Diana herself, stated « when someone slap you over and over again, what are you suppose to do, smile? »

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Of course it could be said that there will never be a Florence Ballard 'last day' as a Supreme. As long as the records she was present on are played and as long as there are video clips of her in performance Florence Ballard will ALWAYS be a Supreme.
    And ain't that the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I truly believe Berry Gordy himself has to shoulder a lot of the blame for what transpired. Perhaps Flo would have left the group anyway, but it did not have to happen the way it did. He realised he could not control Florence so wanted her out. Diana and Mary were very young, he was a mature adult in his late 30's. He also happened to be THE BOSS.
    In truth i doubt we will ever know all the facts.
    We know enough of the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    We know enough of the facts.
    Yes, most of us do. The fact is despite what was going on off stage, Flo chose to go on stage on this day in 1967 intoxicated, not looking or singing well, and at one point during the interchange between she and Ross at the beginning of You're Nobody Til Somebody Loves You she decided to emphasize her girth by rolling her belly over the top of her pantsuit exposing her stomach to a room filled with hundreds of people.

Berry Gordy had no choice but to fire her. Anyone else would have done the same thing.

I maintain Mary Wilson said it best in 1986. She was on a talk show promoting her first book. When asked who was responsible for Flo's downfall she carefully chose her words by saying, "I can't answer that in one or two sentences. A lot of people were responsible for what happened to Flo. Flo herself was responsible."

Let's leave it at that.

I maintain Mary Wilson said it best in 1986. She was on a talk show promoting her first book. When asked who was responsible for Flo's downfall she carefully chose her words by saying, "I can't answer that in one or two sentences. A lot of people were responsible for what happened to Flo. Flo herself was responsible."

Let's leave it at that.[/QUOTE]

I very much agree.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    Yes, most of us do. The fact is despite what was going on off stage, Flo chose to go on stage on this day in 1967 intoxicated, not looking or singing well, and at one point during the interchange between she and Ross at the beginning of You're Nobody Til Somebody Loves You she decided to emphasize her girth by rolling her belly over the top of her pantsuit exposing her stomach to a room filled with hundreds of people.

Berry Gordy had no choice but to fire her. Anyone else would have done the same thing.

Let's leave it at that.
    Yes, imo theres not much else to say.

everyone, get a life,
    and let the lady rest in peace..

The Supremes are no exception but the fact they are girls changes the perception.
    Uh... you mean the Rolling Stones lol

In all due respect of the girls I think towards the end Flo said that she felt she had messed things up and wanted to make amends. For some reason I remember this being around the Mahogany days. At any rate there will never be another Barbara, Diana, Mary and Florence. Never Never !!

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    And ain't that the truth!
    It's truly what I think and feel, FloyJoy! I wish & hope & think others think similarly also. Be well and have a great summer -

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    In all due respect of the girls I think towards the end Flo said that she felt she had messed things up and wanted to make amends. For some reason I remember this being around the Mahogany days. At any rate there will never be another Barbara, Diana, Mary and Florence. Never Never !!
    That pretty much says it right there. Especially DMF.

The whole story is sad anyway