[REMOVE ADS]

Coverage by motown

What songs would you have liked to have had motown artist cover? It could be-standard-pop-soul,ect...how about-looking back[nat king cole]by the temps with david on lead..move me no mountains[love unlimited]by the marvelettes[wanda wouldv'e nailed it]..girls[the moments]by the miracles..my satin doll[standard]by the four tops..misty[standard]by the isley brothers..let's go-let's go-let's go[hank ballard]by the contours..the girl from impanema[standard]by the four tops..please stay[the drifters]by the temptations..annie had a baby[hank ballard]by jr.walker and the all stars..mr dream merchant[jerry butler]by stevie wonder..it's a man's world[james brown]by the temptations with paul on lead..girl you're too young[archie bell]by stevie wonder..searchin[the coasters]by the spinners..the shoop shoop song[betty everett]by martha and the vandellas!!

Even if, say, it was just another track recorded to fill "Moods of Marvin Gaye", Marvin covering Billy Butler & the Chanters' "Tomorrow Is Another Day" (B-Side of "I Can't Work No Longer") could be neat.

Last edited by Ngroove; 06-23-2019 at 12:17 AM.

Or, how about, Marvin and Tammi, covering another Ashford and Simpson standard, as done by Betty Everett, the Chiffons, Tina Britt, and Chuck Jackson and Maxine Brown, "The Real Thing"?

Private Number for Marvin and Tammi springs to mind

Clodagh Rodgers' "Come Back And Shake Me" would have suited the Velvelettes perfectly.

I also would have liked to hear how the Four Tops would have sounded on Oasis's "Wonderwall".

A boy named tom-[carla thomas]by the supremes with jean terrell on lead.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    What songs would you have liked to have had motown artist cover? It could be-standard-pop-soul,ect...how about-looking back[nat king cole]by the temps with david on lead..move me no mountains[love unlimited]by the marvelettes[wanda wouldv'e nailed it]..girls[the moments]by the miracles..my satin doll[standard]by the four tops..misty[standard]by the isley brothers..let's go-let's go-let's go[hank ballard]by the contours..the girl from impanema[standard]by the four tops..please stay[the drifters]by the temptations..annie had a baby[hank ballard]by jr.walker and the all stars..mr dream merchant[jerry butler]by stevie wonder..it's a man's world[james brown]by the temptations with paul on lead..girl you're too young[archie bell]by stevie wonder..searchin[the coasters]by the spinners..the shoop shoop song[betty everett]by martha and the vandellas!!
    Looks like the Unreleased Gods heard your plea: