[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    No. I think your missing the point! I don’t really care for Mary’s voice as a lead singer and I don’t really like the way she has bashed Diana in the past. But I still don’t like putting Mary down because she was a member of my favorite group the Supremes. But the constant bashing of Diana Ross by Marv. Makes me sometimes say negative things about Mary that I would normally keep to myself of how I truly feel about her.
    Your statement is really full of it.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    None of this makes the Supremes' forum a pleasant place to be and is the main reason I participate in it so little.
    I agree. I rarely say negative things about Mary. But sometimes I slip. I know it’s childish! Have a good evening.

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    Your statement is really full of it.
    Why is this full of it? Marv doesn’t bash Diana Ross constantly? Because I know for a fact I normally don’t bash Mary and try to stay away from the negativity.

To say that Tina Turner sings perfectly "river deep" and that Mary sings it in an academic way is not bashing.
    There are many songs are not suited to Diana, and if I thing DROMP belongs to Barbra or someone like Liza Minnelli, I'm not bashing on Diana. At least, in my mind.
    But perhaps a misdirected mind, which can only enjoy through Diana Ross' bashing, cannot conceive of another form of thought.

None of this makes the Supremes' forum a pleasant place to be and is the main reason I participate in it so little.
    This a million times!

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Why is this full of it? Marv doesn’t bash Diana Ross constantly? Because I know for a fact I normally don’t bash Mary and try to stay away from the negativity.
    Laughable, right? #laughingstock pollutes every [[and I mean,every!) Diana thread ad nauseam, so why would it be considered 'full of it' for anyone to state their honest and unbiased opinions about other ex: Supremes? Certainly what is acceptable for one commentator must be acceptable for another commentator!
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 06-27-2019 at 07:44 AM.

Diana Ross is a LEGEND among LEGENDS. She doesn't need defending. Hell, 99.9 percent of the time she doesn't even defend herself when someone says something negative, so why are any of you all feeling the need to do what she doesn't care to do? Nearly all of Marv's Diana comments are something he came up with in order to get reactions from the usual suspects. Sometimes his comments are funny because you know he pulled it out of his ass. Sometimes his comments are so asinine that one can't help but to respond just so that there's a contrast between his nonsense and someone's good sense. I can combat a lot of Marv's silly comments about Diana Ross without ever taking a shot at Mary Wilson. And I find it hard to believe that some of you all don't possess the intellect to do the same, so fess up. You know the shots at Mary are as much about Mary herself and your idol worship of Ross [["An enemy of Diana Ross is an enemy of mine..." said some of you in your heads, I'm sure) as they are of Marv. For all of the comments posted about how Marv keeps Diana Ross on his mind 24/7, there are hypocrites among you who apparently keep Mary Wilson on the mind 24/7 because hardly a Mary Wilson thread goes by without 4 or 5 die hard Diana Ross fan screen names appearing in said thread to derail the conversation with negativity. I've seen the following sentiment hurled at Marv many a time: If you don't care about Diana Ross, why are you in her threads? I'm hurling the same thing back at you anti-Wilsons. If you don't care about Mary Wilson, why are you in her threads? Stick to Ross. This present thread is clearly titled "Mary Sings...". No way y'all entered it with anything other than hatefulness in your bags of intentions. Marv may party in the gutter when it comes to Ross, but there's quite a few of you here who are dancing right along with him, even if you're attempting to spike his drink when he's not looking.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Diana Ross is a LEGEND among LEGENDS. She doesn't need defending. Hell, 99.9 percent of the time she doesn't even defend herself when someone says something negative, so why are any of you all feeling the need to do what she doesn't care to do? Nearly all of Marv's Diana comments are something he came up with in order to get reactions from the usual suspects. Sometimes his comments are funny because you know he pulled it out of his ass. Sometimes his comments are so asinine that one can't help but to respond just so that there's a contrast between his nonsense and someone's good sense. I can combat a lot of Marv's silly comments about Diana Ross without ever taking a shot at Mary Wilson. And I find it hard to believe that some of you all don't possess the intellect to do the same, so fess up. You know the shots at Mary are as much about Mary herself and your idol worship of Ross [["An enemy of Diana Ross is an enemy of mine..." said some of you in your heads, I'm sure) as they are of Marv. For all of the comments posted about how Marv keeps Diana Ross on his mind 24/7, there are hypocrites among you who apparently keep Mary Wilson on the mind 24/7 because hardly a Mary Wilson thread goes by without 4 or 5 die hard Diana Ross fan screen names appearing in said thread to derail the conversation with negativity. I've seen the following sentiment hurled at Marv many a time: If you don't care about Diana Ross, why are you in her threads? I'm hurling the same thing back at you anti-Wilsons. If you don't care about Mary Wilson, why are you in her threads? Stick to Ross. This present thread is clearly titled "Mary Sings...". No way y'all entered it with anything other than hatefulness in your bags of intentions. Marv may party in the gutter when it comes to Ross, but there's quite a few of you here who are dancing right along with him, even if you're attempting to spike his drink when he's not looking.
    Amen, thank you!

Ran you know it’s never going to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Ike and Tina's version is the definitive version. A truly groundbreaking atmospheric recording. Chart positions do not tell the whole story, but Ike and Tina made the top 3 in the UK.
    Of course. And a perfect recording. In fact I like the entire RDMH lp. Always uplifting.

^ That really is a good album! Amazing how Ike Turner's tracks hold their own and even complement the Phil Spector productions on this album.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Laughable, right? #laughingstock pollutes every [[and I mean,every!) Diana thread ad nauseam, so why would it be considered 'full of it' for anyone to state their honest and unbiased opinions about other ex: Supremes? Certainly what is acceptable for one commentator must be acceptable for another commentator!
    You’re absolutly right

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    Ran you know it’s never going to stop.
    No, I guess it won't. Especially when the behavior is tolerated from the top down.

It hasn't really been tolerated. That is why Supremes' fanatics have been ostracised to their own little ghetto where they can snipe at each other to their hearts' content, and not contaminate the rest of the forum.

It hasn't really been tolerated. That is why Supremes' fanatics have been ostracised to their own little ghetto where they can snipe at each other to their hearts' content, and not contaminate the rest of the forum.
    Looks like toleration to me. Trouble makers should've been booted, not given a playground.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky2012 View Post
    ^ That really is a good album! Amazing how Ike Turner's tracks hold their own and even complement the Phil Spector productions on this album.
    Right? I agree entirely. Woulda been great if Ike had allowed Spector to continue recording I&T. Unfortunately Ike was a hot mess, getting the Revue into multiple recording contracts at the same time, re-recording re-recordings, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Say it again, Ran.