[REMOVE ADS]

The Spinners - I Can Sing A Rainbow Love Is Blue - 1970

We've heard the Dells, now give the Spinners some play:

Pretty cool.

Both these songs are so beautifully simple. Yet this medley manages to complicate them with over-production and over-singing.
    This is only my opinion, but I find this excruciating to listen to. Just awful.

The Dells version too has a complex arrangement. Don't mind either version but have a preference for The Dells. That said, I agree it kinda ruins the beauty of the song "Love Is Blue" which should have wonderful chords and melody. Vicky Leandros original was gorgeous, whether in French or English - a touch of Eurovision magic. Paul Mauriat's orchestral version overeggs it a little but still reveals the beauty of the melody in a different way. "I Can Sing a Rainbow" was a bit of a standard for artists such as Cilla Black. Doesn't quite have the appeal of "Love Is Blue".

I always thought they were saying "I Can See A Rainbow." Thanks.