[REMOVE ADS]

Drake Ties The Beatles for the Second-Most Billboard Hot 100 Top 10s!

Drake needs a time out. I'm tired of his boring collabs. Cartoonish raps/voice. Just...just..just please. Go. Away. Make like Gazoo and disappear!

Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    Drake needs a time out. I'm tired of his boring collabs. Cartoonish raps/voice. Just...just..just please. Go. Away. Make like Gazoo and disappear!
    I agree with you, but he is merely giving [[some) of the people what they want. His music leaves me ice cold so i tend to ignore it and let those who appreciate him enjoy it.

What a load of nonsense. Seriously, think this through

I think what these kinds of articles always miss is that you can't really compare then and now based on just the statistics. The stats fail to compare the kind of impact the singers or songs had on the general public. Drake may outsell everyone today, but could he have done so back in the day? The number of units has dropped so much. Even if you compare the price of a download to what someone might have paid for a 45 back in the 60s or 70s [[each roughly $1 then and now), even spending one dollar on a record in the 1960s took much more of one's income than spending one dollar on a download today.

I think this true of TV shows then and now as well. Shows can surpass 100 episodes and many if not most people have never heard of the show, whereas in the 1970s if a show hit 100 episodes everyone would know it and it would be part of the cultural landscape in a sense.

Just my opinion. Not trying to prove anything! Hopefully, no one especially Drake fans takes umbrage at my random thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    I think what these kinds of articles always miss is that you can't really compare then and now based on just the statistics. The stats fail to compare the kind of impact the singers or songs had on the general public. Drake may outsell everyone today, but could he have done so back in the day? The number of units has dropped so much. Even if you compare the price of a download to what someone might have paid for a 45 back in the 60s or 70s [[each roughly $1 then and now), even spending one dollar on a record in the 1960s took much more of one's income than spending one dollar on a download today.

I think this true of TV shows then and now as well. Shows can surpass 100 episodes and many if not most people have never heard of the show, whereas in the 1970s if a show hit 100 episodes everyone would know it and it would be part of the cultural landscape in a sense.

Just my opinion. Not trying to prove anything! Hopefully, no one especially Drake fans takes umbrage at my random thoughts.
    In regards to television shows in the 60s and 70s, millions of people watched the same shows because there were only 3 main networks. So an appearance on a show like Ed Sullivan would be seen by many millions of people and would be talked about the next day at school, work etc. More people shared a common experience then. There were also the big Top 40 Pop stations that played music by a variety of artist every hours, so people were exposed to a broader range of music. Today with the internet, cable and whatever, cultural, social experiences are more individualized and fractured. I've never seen one episode of "Big Bang Theory" for example. I cannot name one "Lil Wayne" song.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    In regards to television shows in the 60s and 70s, millions of people watched the same shows because there were only 3 main networks. So an appearance on a show like Ed Sullivan would be seen by many millions of people and would be talked about the next day at school, work etc. More people shared a common experience then. There were also the big Top 40 Pop stations that played music by a variety of artist every hours, so people were exposed to a broader range of music. Today with the internet, cable and whatever, cultural, social experiences are more individualized and fractured. I've never seen one episode of "Big Bang Theory" for example. I cannot name one "Lil Wayne" song.
    Nor have I, either one!