[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1

    Mary Wilson Hosting The 8th annual RHYTHM & Blues, Hall of Fame June 23rd

    Once again, Mary Wilson will be the host for the 8th Annual Rhythm and Blues Hall of Fame Inductions in Detroit, MI June 23, 2019:

    Name:  R&B Hall of Fame 2019.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  90.4 KB
    Last edited by marv2; 06-19-2019 at 09:56 PM.

  2. #2
    In an interview that I just watched, she told the interviewer that she was hosting the awards and he told her that she was also getting an award. She feigned surprise, but she had to know. At the bottom of the poster it shows people who are getting Special Awards. Mary is getting an award called Aretha Franklin Lifetime Achievement Award, Martha Reeves is getting the Martha Reeves Music Ambassador Award and Lloyd Price is getting the Jackie Wilson Icon Legend Award

    http://www.fox2detroit.com/good-day/...f-fame-june-23

  3. #3
    "Somebody" called me to say that Smokey Robinson is in town too. I wonder if he is going to present Mary with it.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    In an interview that I just watched, she told the interviewer that she was hosting the awards and he told her that she was also getting an award. She feigned surprise, but she had to know. At the bottom of the poster it shows people who are getting Special Awards. Mary is getting an award called Aretha Franklin Lifetime Achievement Award, Martha Reeves is getting the Martha Reeves Music Ambassador Award and Lloyd Price is getting the Jackie Wilson Icon Legend Award

    http://www.fox2detroit.com/good-day/...f-fame-june-23
    Is this airing on Prtimetime TV?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    "Somebody" called me to say that Smokey Robinson is in town too. I wonder if he is going to present Mary with it.
    "Nobody" called you to tell you Smokey Robinsons in town. You found out in the article you posted a few hours ago. LOLOLOLOL. Hehehehehehehehehe.


  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Is this airing on Prtimetime TV?
    No. It may be broadcast locally in Michigan, and possibly it will be streamed for the rest of us. But if so, Mary or the interviewer should have mentioned that.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    No. It may be broadcast locally in Michigan, and possibly it will be streamed for the rest of us. But if so, Mary or the interviewer should have mentioned that.
    Thanks Milven. Im a pass on the streaming.

  8. #8
    To be fair, Wilson may not have feigned surprise at receiving an award; I think most people would be surprised to hear of her receiving an award.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    To be fair, Wilson may not have feigned surprise at receiving an award; I think most people would be surprised to hear of her receiving an award.
    Yes, most people would not expect her to get a Lifetime Achievement Award, but she must have been aware of it, especially since the poster announcing it was readily available.

    Name:  mw.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  92.6 KB

    There was an incident when a big national music awards show wanted Michael Jackson to participate. He only agreed after they promised to give him an award. They invented some award, presented it to him and Michael participated in the show. That's not to say that that's what happened here. But I think Mary hosted this local award show a few times and maybe it was their way of thanking her for always making herself readily available.

    I read in a few places that this is going to be nationally televised. But I did a search and can't find it being televised anywhere. Maybe it will be recorded and televised nationally later. I would like to see this and it will be fun to see Mary finally receive an award for being Mary Wilson as well as being a member of the Supremes
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  10. #10

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Yes, most people would not expect her to get a Lifetime Achievement Award, but she must have been aware of it, especially since the poster announcing it was readily available.

    Name:  mw.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  92.6 KB

    There was an incident when a big national music awards show wanted Michael Jackson to participate. He only agreed after they promised to give him an award. They invented some award, presented it to him and Michael participated in the show. That's not to say that that's what happened here. But I think Mary hosted this local award show a few times and maybe it was their way of thanking her for always making herself readily available.

    I read in a few places that this is going to be nationally televised. But I did a search and can't find it being televised anywhere. Maybe it will be recorded and televised nationally later. I would like to see this and it will be fun to see Mary finally receive an award for being Mary Wilson as well as being a member of the Supremes
    Havent seen any clips or read anything about Sundays awards show. I guess its just a local thing. Anybody got any clips of the perforamnces please share. Thank you.

  12. #12
    These are some guys that got together to give some awards which is why no one can find anything about it other than locally.

    They are probably friends of Marv's; well...……..maybe not friends.

  13. #13
    They do this all the time. They gave Marshall Thompson, the surviving original Chi-Lite, a lifetime achievement award too.

  14. #14
    The one thing I will say it that it recognizes some individuals that never get any recognition.

    They look opportunistic and stupid because in order to attract attention, they call themselves "National" and they TRY and give awards to big names like Stevie Wonder and Aretha Franklin.

    Really, they are "fake news"

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    The one thing I will say it that it recognizes some individuals that never get any recognition.

    They look opportunistic and stupid because in order to attract attention, they call themselves "National" and they TRY and give awards to big names like Stevie Wonder and Aretha Franklin.

    Really, they are "fake news"
    I took a look at their website; it's quite low-rent and contains grammatical errors. We'll hope this is a legitimate enterprise. In 2014 Joe Jackson got the lifetime achievement award. I'll leave it there.

  16. #16
    Mary doing her hostess duties at the R&B Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony:


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.