[REMOVE ADS]

Windows Media Player

I'm still on Windows 7 and Microsoft have suddenly stopped supporting metadata in the Media Player. So no auto updates of tracks etc anymore. Don't really want windows 10 [[and my pc crashed last time I tried to load it). So I need a suitable replacement.

I rip my CDs and store as mp3s on a personal cloud NAS dtive. So I'd still need to be able to do that. Then I can play back from any device

So what solution would others recommend? I need to be able to use my own album artwork where appropriate. Cheers.

Plex I've never been able to get to work either.

iTunes for Windows? Apple will be supporting it a few more years. Back in the bad ole days of being on a PC I also used WinAmp, but not sure if its still around.

Get the media player add on for Windows and windows 10. iTunes is ancient, seriously flawed, being retired on Macs, and screwed up all my artwork and tags on thousands of ripped tracks. Apple is banished from this house......

https://www.wideanglesoftware.com/musictag/
    Last edited by MIKEW-UK; 06-18-2019 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEW-UK View Post
    Get the media player add on for Windows and windows 10. iTunes is ancient, seriously flawed, being retired on Macs, and screwed up all my artwork and tags on thousands of ripped tracks. Apple is banished from this house......[/URL]
    Had a similar experience. iTunes was immediately uninstalled.

I've used iTunes as long as I can remember, and although it can be quite frustrating at times, I do like it. I am concerned that it will no longer be available on windows however. Is there any other such program that would organise music and be compatible with a apple phone? I was going to say, do I have to get an apple mac then, but if its being retired on them as well, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?

I use Media Monkey, have done for years. Manages many thousands of tracks, exports to android and iPhone. Look it up through Google. It's hard to beat. I moved to mediamonkey after so many disappointments / sabotage of my library with iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    I've used iTunes as long as I can remember, and although it can be quite frustrating at times, I do like it. I am concerned that it will no longer be available on windows however. Is there any other such program that would organise music and be compatible with a apple phone? I was going to say, do I have to get an apple mac then, but if its being retired on them as well, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?
    As discussed on the "new Diana Album" thread, your desktop/laptop iTunes format will not change for the foreseeable future. On your iPhone, iTunes will be divided up into "Music," "Podcasts," and "TV." Nothing to worry about.