[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 28 of 28
  1. #1

    Your 5 Favorite Songs by The Miracles

    What are you 5 favorite songs by The Miracles? Mine are:

    Bad Girl
    Baby, Baby Don't Cry
    Who's Gonna Take the Blame
    Do It Baby
    Track of My Tears

  2. #2
    Would I Love You
    We've Come Too Far (To End It Now)
    Happy Landing
    The Day You Take One, You Have to Take The Other
    (Come 'Round Here) I'm the One You Need

  3. #3
    The Love I Saw In You Was Just a Mirage
    Tracks of My Tears
    I've Been Good To You
    I Gotta Dance To Keep From Crying
    I Don't Blame You At All

    You don't play fair, Marv. This was as hard as the Four Tops list.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky2012 View Post
    The Love I Saw In You Was Just a Mirage
    Tracks of My Tears
    I've Been Good To You
    I Gotta Dance To Keep From Crying
    I Don't Blame You At All

    You don't play fair, Marv. This was as hard as the Four Tops list.
    I don't anything is as hard as trying to pick only 5 favorites from these amazing groups! Imagine having to pick 5 random favorite Motown songs? Whew......! LOL!

  5. #5
    At the moment, Marv, my favorite Smokey & The Miracles tracks are:

    1) Going To A Go-Go
    2) The Tracks Of My Tears
    3) Whole Lotta Shaking Going On (Since I Met You)
    4) More Love
    5) I Second That Emotion

  6. #6
    Hmmm.........in no particular order...........

    Tears of a Clown
    Whole Lotta Shakin
    Come Round Here
    More More More of Your Love
    Your Mother's Only Daughter

  7. #7
    No particular order

    Tears of a clown
    Donīt think itīs me
    In case you need love
    I need change
    My girl has gone

  8. #8
    I Second That Emotion
    Whole Lot Of Shakin' In My Heart (Since I Met You)
    The Tracks Of My Tears
    Going To A Go-Go
    The Tears Of A Clown

    current faves are If You Can Want and I'll Try Something New

  9. #9
    Here I Go Again
    What's So Good About Goodbye
    Baby Baby Don't Cry
    I Can't Stand to See You Cry
    Ooh Baby Baby

  10. #10
    I have to make a change!

    Would I Love You
    We've Come Too Far (To End It Now)
    Happy Landing
    The Love I Saw in You Was Just a Mirage
    (Come 'Round Here) I'm the One You Need






  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    At the moment, Marv, my favorite Smokey & The Miracles tracks are:

    1) Going To A Go-Go
    2) The Tracks Of My Tears
    3) Whole Lotta Shaking Going On (Since I Met You)
    4) More Love
    5) I Second That Emotion
    Every one was a winner too!

  12. #12
    All of these are great! We should make our own anthology album!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Every one was a winner too!
    Yeah, like most of Smokey's stuff, they were ALL winners. This was as frustrating as the Four Tops top 5 list. Out of all those great singles and LP tracks, how do you pick just 5? I also had been thinking the same thing that you said -- if we think picking 5 songs for an artist is hard, imagine trying to pick your 5 favorite MOTOWN songs!!! IMPOSSIBLE!!!

  14. #14
    Would I Love You
    Ooo Baby, Baby
    Here I Go Again
    After You Put Back the Pieces of a Broken Heart
    (Can't Let the Boy Over Power) The Man in You.

    That was hard, but least favorite is easy: Tears of a Clown

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by nabob View Post
    Would I Love You
    Ooo Baby, Baby
    Here I Go Again
    After You Put Back the Pieces of a Broken Heart
    (Can't Let the Boy Over Power) The Man in You.

    That was hard, but least favorite is easy: Tears of a Clown
    Your least favorite is Tears of a Clown? Really?

  16. #16
    1. More Love
    2. Darling Dear
    3. Baby, Baby Don't Cry
    4. If You Can Want
    5. Mickey's Monkey

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngroove View Post
    1. More Love
    2. Darling Dear
    3. Baby, Baby Don't Cry
    4. If You Can Want
    5. Mickey's Monkey
    Great list Ngroove. This the first time "Mickey's Monkey" showed up. That use to be one of my favorite records when I was a kid and I still love it today.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Great list Ngroove. This the first time "Mickey's Monkey" showed up. That use to be one of my favorite records when I was a kid and I still love it today.
    "Mickey's Monkey" was the first Miracles song that I was aware was a Miracles song, that I loved, as it played a lot on the local classic soul radio station of my youth, and every time, opening cheer of "Smokey!" brought me smiles before the fun, frenzied "Monkey" jam.

    "Mickey's Monkey" was the first track I looked at on the tracklist on the Smokey Robinson & the Miracles Ultimate Collection before playing the other tracks, realizing "Shop Around", "More Love", "Ooo Baby Baby", ect was theirs also, and then continuing to play further, collect more Miracles / Smokey Robinson CDs, records, discovering other favorites.
    Last edited by Ngroove; 06-18-2019 at 12:44 AM.

  19. #19
    I'll try something new-bad girl-a fork in the road-my girl has gone-here i go again.

  20. #20
    Here I Go Again
    I'll Try Something New
    You Can Depend on Me
    Fork in the Road
    I Can't Stand to See You Cry

    BONUS: Darling Dear

  21. #21
    1 More Love, great song, probably my favorite love song
    2 Ooo Baby Baby- beautiful harmony
    3 Save Me- song is great- way too short, and a great JJ bass
    4 I Second That Emotion- love the play on words and great guitar lick
    5 Just Losing You- great song that should have been a big hit, love it- if you have never heard it, please do yourself a favor and google it.

  22. #22
    1. Would I Love You
    2. It's A Good Good Feeling
    3. Tracks Of My Tears
    4. A Fork In The Road
    5. Mickey's Monkey

  23. #23
    Tracks of My Tears
    You've Really Got A Hold On Me
    (You Can't Let the Boy Overpower) The Man In You
    The Love I Saw In You Was Just A Mirage
    After You Put Back the Pieces (I'll Still Have A Broken Heart)

    Just missed out for inclusion:
    Who's Gonna Take the Blame
    What's So Good About Goodbye
    Last edited by 144man; 06-19-2019 at 05:56 PM.

  24. #24
    1) The Tracks of My Tears
    2) I'll Try Something New
    3) What's So Good About Goodbye

    4) The Tears Of A Clown
    5) Come Spy With Me

    Hard to leave off "Ooo Baby, Baby", "More Love", "Save Me", "Bad Girl", "Would I Love You", "The Love I Saw In You Was Just A Mirage", and more.

  25. #25
    "The Tears Of A Clown"
    "Shop Around"
    "The Tracks Of My Tears"
    "Would I Love You"
    "A Fork In The Road"

  26. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    1) The Tracks of My Tears
    2) I'll Try Something New
    3) What's So Good About Goodbye

    4) The Tears Of A Clown
    5) Come Spy With Me

    Hard to leave off "Ooo Baby, Baby", "More Love", "Save Me", "Bad Girl", "Would I Love You", "The Love I Saw In You Was Just A Mirage", and more.
    I know what you mean. There were so many more songs I loved by the Miracles.

  27. #27
    1)Whats So Good About Good-Bye 2)You Really Got a Hold On Me 3)Mickeys Monkey 4) My Girl Has Gone 5)I Second That Emotion......its hard to pick just 5

  28. #28
    Whole Lot Of Shakin' In My Heart (Since I Met You)
    The Love I Saw In You Was Just A Mirage
    If You Can Want
    Baby, Baby Don't Cry
    Swept For You Baby

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.