[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
    Don't want to get our hopes up to high. It took Nile Rodgers a couple of years to finally get the new Chic album released. But -- as I have said before -- I would love Ross to work with Alicia Keys or Raphael Saadiq, who both have expressed interest in working with Ross before. Also really like the work that Emeli Sandé is doing.
    Yeah, I hope something good comes out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    This whole transition has been widely mis-reported in the tech press.

Apple is breaking iTunes into its constituent parts - Music, Podcasts, Apps. This is a long time coming. iTunes has been too bloated for too long. It's not a "marketing ploy" either. Apple finally listened to developers who complained endlessly about iBloat. Try writing anything that depends on iTunes and see how "fun" it is. There is a reason there was a long applause when Apple announced the demise of iTunes at WWDC. It is a developer conference, after all.

The iTunes app will remain on the upcoming MacOS10.15 update for people who, ahem, like 8-track tapes, eg. those who refuse to move along when it comes to technology. It just won't be promoted [[as a default to open files) or supported, except for bug-fixes. iTunes on Windows will remain the same [[for now).

If you don't like Apple's approach to music, there is a thriving secondhand market for Microsoft Zunes. Have fun with that.
    Thanks thanx! At the time of my previous post, I was experiencing annoying problems with my music, so I was ready to give up on iTunes altogether. [[Well kinda.) Now its fixed and everything's ok.

I hadn't thought about it but Emile Sandé would be great for Diana to work with!!
    Can you hear Diana on this one? Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
    Don't want to get our hopes up to high. It took Nile Rodgers a couple of years to finally get the new Chic album released. But -- as I have said before -- I would love Ross to work with Alicia Keys or Raphael Saadiq, who both have expressed interest in working with Ross before. Also really like the work that Emeli Sandé is doing.
    Those would be excellent collaborators for Miss Ross!
    Last edited by pghmusiclover; 06-20-2019 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    But seriously, it is not going to sell. Hell has not frozen over yet.........
    Amen to that. Just gonna be crossover sellout material. Nothing going like the 60s or the 1999 song SUGAR FREE. Real r&b.

https://youtu.be/DtNXGNKjDIE

To make Marv happy, maybe Diana could do a cover of that Mary Wilson classic, "Darling Mother [[Johnnie Mae)".

Quote Originally Posted by pghmusiclover View Post
    To make Marv happy, maybe Diana could do a cover of that Mary Wilson classic, "Darling Mother [[Johnnie Mae)".
    No, what would make me happy is if Diana would meet people like you, let you see how she really is and then she would go away forever..........LOL! Now that would make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourtopsbiggestfan View Post
    Amen to that. Just gonna be crossover sellout material. Nothing going like the 60s or the 1999 song SUGAR FREE. Real r&b.

Diana Ross can't even spell R&B.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    I hadn't thought about it but Emile Sandé would be great for Diana to work with!!
    Can you hear Diana on this one? Maybe.

I don't know Tom. Maybe if it's slowed down a bit. I don't think Diana can sing at that pace anymore, but who knows? I like the idea of Alicia Keys or Raphael Saadiq getting some time, as Jaap suggests.

No, what would make me happy is if Diana would meet people like you, let you see how she really is and then she would go away forever..........LOL! Now that would make me happy.
    Why do you care?

Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    Why do you care?
    Why do you?

Why do you?
    You mean, why do I care that you care about Diana's fans? Your recurring wish and motivation of wanting to open our eyes to Diana Ross' real personality comes back quite often on your posts.
    Since I'm one of her fans, I wonder why you care so much for us

Quote Originally Posted by Fourtopsbiggestfan View Post

I wonder if you thought Wilson's Carlyle show was a crossover sellout also?

I am going to see Diana Ross tonight at NYC's Radio City Music Hall. She might talk about the new album. The show is sold out, but tickets are available on the secondary market.

[[Anyone else going?)
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 06-22-2019 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    I am going to see Diana Ross tonight at NYC's Radio City Music Hall. She might talk about the new album. The show is sold out, but tickets are available on the secondary market.

[[Anyone else going?)
    Yes please let us know! LOL!!!

Circa, you and others need to ask about the the album if there is a Q and A

I wonder if it will sound anything like this

Ooh, yeah, Tom! I hope so!

If Diana Ross went away who the hell would you have to bitch about? She is a key component in your sad and empty existence, and without her your life would be even more wretched than it already is.
    Be careful what you wish for .

Moving right along.... Can hardly wait for Diana's new album/CD! Mark Ronson as producer sounds great to me. He has what it takes to give Diana some uptown funk -- the kind that appeals to both blacks and whites -- which is right up her alley. As far as other producers are concerned, I'll remain open-minded until I hear it -- including her kids' compositions, if any. [[But, please....not Chic again. Been there, done that TWICE already.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    If Diana Ross went away who the hell would you have to bitch about? She is a key component in your sad and empty existence, and without her your life would be even more wretched than it already is.
    Be careful what you wish for .
    #laughingstock. Is all I have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Moving right along.... Can hardly wait for Diana's new album/CD! Mark Ronson as producer sounds great to me. He has what it takes to give Diana some uptown funk -- the kind that appeals to both blacks and whites -- which is right up her alley. As far as other producers are concerned, I'll remain open-minded until I hear it -- including her kids' compositions, if any. [[But, please....not Chic again. Been there, done that TWICE already.)
    I strongly suspect Nile will be involved with a couple of tracks. Hopefully they will be more like the Diana album than the Workin Overtime album!

I strongly suspect Nile will be involved with a couple of tracks. Hopefully they will be more like the Diana album than the Workin Overtime album!
    I sure hope you're right, Bluebrock. Thanks!

Can't say I would be particularly looking forward to Nile Rodgers' involvement.

Workin' Overtime imo was a complete mess, the only track with merit being Bottom Line and while it's hypothetical as to how the "original" diana! might have performed the final blockbuster was re-mixed by Russ Terrana.

Now Mark Ronson's involvement is definitely exciting.

I think that any involvement on Nile's part would be along the lines of his recent collaborations with Daft Punk, John Newman, his new Chic album, etc, not anything like Workin' Overtime... an odd and quite dated LP which in my opinion somehow manages to sound nothing like a Nile Rodgers or Diana Ross album at all...

Ooh, yeah, Tom! I hope so!
    I know right Gary!!!

I agree that Mark Ronson would be great! But oh Gary I'm open to a Chic collaboration, if done right, could be a cool and quite fitting choice.

I know right Gary!!!

I agree that Mark Ronson would be great! But oh Gary I'm open to a Chic collaboration, if done right, could be a cool and quite fitting choice.
    Well, if turns out you're right, Tom, I'll be the first to admit it. But, at this point, after the "Workin' Overtime" mess, I find it hard to ever trust him with Diana again [[musically speaking).

Well, if turns out you're right, Tom, I'll be the first to admit it. But, at this point, after the "Workin' Overtime" mess, I find it hard to ever trust him with Diana again [[musically speaking).
    I hear you Gary. But nothing about that album says "Nile Rodgers" to me at all... it's not something he would return to... surely

Indeed.

My hope [[dream lol) is that he could do one side, laying down the tracks with his band and Diana coming in to do her vocals as she did back in the day.

If Diana does do Glastonbury I would love to see Nile & Chic as her backing band. She could do the complete diana album - 40 years after the success of her biggest ever album - as well as a couple of the newer tracks.

And of course, Kimberley & Folami would make great backing vocalists for her other hits including Supremes songs.

Well I can dream, can't I?

it's not something he would return to... surely

Well he mentioned quite a few times over the past five years leading into the Chic album that he wanted to work with Diana [[& Debbie Harry) again.
    Last edited by Levi Stubbs Tears; 07-01-2019 at 06:29 AM. Reason: added other reply

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Stubbs Tears View Post
    Indeed.

My hope [[dream lol) is that he could do one side, laying down the tracks with his band and Diana coming in to do her vocals as she did back in the day.

If Diana does do Glastonbury I would love to see Nile & Chic as her backing band. She could do the complete diana album - 40 years after the success of her biggest ever album - as well as a couple of the newer tracks.

And of course, Kimberley & Folami would make great backing vocalists for her other hits including Supremes songs.

Well I can dream, can't I?

Well he mentioned quite a few times over the past five years leading into the Chic album that he wanted to work with Diana [[& Debbie Harry) again.
    If she does Glastonbury it will likely be 2021 when the new album will have been out for a few months. There is one major obstacle to her agreeing to do it which i shall not go into here, but hopefully that can be overcome.
    I am sure Nile would jump at the chance to join her at Glastonbury. He has already played there to great acclaim. If it all comes to fruition it promises to be very exciting with other big names likely to join her.
    Going slightly off topic Janet Jackson's debut at Glastonbury has been greeted with much ridicule over the weekend. One member of the audience claimed she had achieved the unique feat of miming whilst sounding out of tune at the same time. Ouch!!!

If she does Glastonbury it will likely be 2021 when the new album will have been out for a few months. There is one major obstacle to her agreeing to do it which i shall not go into here, but hopefully that can be overcome.
    I am sure Nile would jump at the chance to join her at Glastonbury. He has already played there to great acclaim. If it all comes to fruition it promises to be very exciting with other big names likely to join her.
    Going slightly off topic Janet Jackson's debut at Glastonbury has been greeted with much ridicule over the weekend. One member of the audience claimed she had achieved the unique feat of miming whilst sounding out of tune at the same time. Ouch!!!
    Ouch, indeed!! Smh...

Goodness. And there's no emoji for clutching one's pearls

Quote Originally Posted by peacenharmony View Post
    goodness. And there's no emoji for clutching one's pearls
    lolololol!!!!!

it strikes me that Mark Ronsons new album is being described as particularly sad laden, and Diana Ross now pinpoints that's specifically the kind of songs she doesn't want to do ??

Odd coincidence or the two must have had a conversation framed around this.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    it strikes me that Mark Ronsons new album is being described as particularly sad laden, and Diana Ross now pinpoints that's specifically the kind of songs she doesn't want to do ??

What recording company is Diana Ross with?

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Stubbs Tears View Post

I meant that a Workin' Overtime album would not be something Nile would return to [[its got little to do with his signature style)... I think a Nile & Diana collaboration is something he would return to, and I’d be glad of it!

John, where did you hear that Diana doesn't want to record any sad songs? I hope that isn't true, as sad songs are what she does best. She can break a heart with one note, and I would hate to see that change.

John, where did you hear that Diana doesn't want to record any sad songs? I hope that isn't true, as sad songs are what she does best. She can break a heart with one note, and I would hate to see that change.
    She said that at Radio City or her last Vegas Show.

Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    She said that at Radio City or her last Vegas Show.
    Thanks, Albator. I'll keep my fingers crossed that she'll change her mind and record a balance of happy songs and sad songs.

Thanks, Albator. I'll keep my fingers crossed that she'll change her mind and record a balance of happy songs and sad songs.
    Diana is on top singing about bitterness and all. But many of her albums are not about sad songs, like The Boss, Diana, Ross 83 ...

^ That is so true...

She honestly don't need to do more sad songs. When it comes to "dark" material she did, "Every Day Is a New Day" is the tops on that. I rather for her to make the OPPOSITE of EDIAND now.

This was great. I loved it.
    At her Toronto concert she said she has experienced so many facets of the music industry, from 45's to mp3. She may not do a complete physical album, but just stream a few songs.
    We'll see.

I can definitely hear her singing this. This is a great song.

She said that at her Toronto concert as well. She's is a good place and wants to sing upbeat songs. But even the Supremes songs were about love lost, but they were very danceable....even though I sang along, I really didn't pay attention to the content of the lyric.

In all these announcements has it mentioned a record label? Would be interested to know which label is gonna take a punt on this...

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    In all these announcements has it mentioned a record label? Would be interested to know which label is gonna take a punt on this...
    well Mark Ronson is with RCA. Yikes!!!

What recording company is Diana Ross with?
    Why would that concern you?
    Give my regards to Luke by the way. He seems to have gone a little quiet. Why would that be i wonder? Give him our best when you next speak to him won't you? ��

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    ^ That is so true...

She honestly don't need to do more sad songs. When it comes to "dark" material she did, "Every Day Is a New Day" is the tops on that. I rather for her to make the OPPOSITE of EDIAND now.
    It's actually kinda neat. Diana is in a good place in her life and she wants her music to reflect it . [[sorry Gary!)

Much better than those angry old bitter O'Jays

Why would that concern you?
    Give my regards to Luke by the way. He seems to have gone a little quiet. Why would that be i wonder? Give him our best when you next speak to him won't you? ��
    Either she has a recording contract from a recording company or doesn't. You understand English!

Well Boogie, I have downloaded Mark Ronson's new album... it's not bad and not wholly sad. The songs are lyrically sad [[and some of the vocals are) but the style is fairly upbeat, disco-ish pop. I'm not a massive fan of any of the people he has collaborated with though, Diana would be much better!!!
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 07-02-2019 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebrock View Post
    why would that concern you?
    Give my regards to luke by the way. He seems to have gone a little quiet. Why would that be i wonder? Give him our best when you next speak to him won't you? ��
    lololololol!!!