[REMOVE ADS]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Well Boogie, I have downloaded Mark Ronson's new album... it's not bad and not wholly sad. The songs are lyrically sad (and some of the vocals are) but the style is fairly upbeat, disco-ish pop. I'm not a massive fan of any of the people he has collaborated with though, Diana would be much better!!!
    Hi Tom - The new Ronson album was created to reflect the feelings he's experienced post-divorce. His lp would, of course, have little to nothing to do with music he would create for Diana. Talented producers can produce music of more than one mood, as I' sure you (if not others ...) can understand!
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/13/a...sultPosition=1

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Hi Tom - The new Ronson album was created to reflect the feelings he's experienced post-divorce. His lp would, of course, have little to nothing to do with music he would create for Diana. Talented producers can produce music of more than one mood, as I' sure you (if not others ...) can understand!
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/13/a...sultPosition=1
    oh you didn't get the memo?? Mark Ronson has announced he will from now thru eternity only write sad songs for the rest of his life and career , and he doesn't care who , and he means no matter who!! , requests otherwise!
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 07-03-2019 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Either she has a recording contract from a recording company or doesn't. You understand English!
    You will have to wait until the official announcement just like the rest of us. I realise anything concerning Diana is of great interest to you, but you must try to exercise patience. I hope Luke is a little more patient than you are!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    You will have to wait until the official announcement just like the rest of us. I realise anything concerning Diana is of great interest to you, but you must try to exercise patience. I hope Luke is a little more patient than you are!
    In the past, Luke claimed a lot a important anonyme sources, maybe they know.

... and I'm sure, if Diana chooses to make another lp, it will not be released on a tiny local label such as CEO or Nightmare or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    In the past, Luke claimed a lot a important anonyme sources, maybe they know.
    Perhaps they do Albator. Hopefully Marv will have a private chat with "Luke" and maybe between them they can squeeze some information out of their sources! Ha ha ha.

... and I'm sure, if Diana chooses to make another lp, it will not be released on a tiny local label such as CEO or Nightmare or whatever.
    There is plenty of interest, and that has intensified over the past year or two. If Diana would just lower her demands on touring and promoting this album could have been out in 2017.

There is plenty of interest, and that has intensified over the past year or two. If Diana would just lower her demands on touring and promoting this album could have been out in 2017.
    Do you really think she is that interested in making an album? Don't misunderstand me, I hope she is going to record, with great producers, and they'll come with exciting new stuff. I love her actual voice and she can be very effective with appropriated material. But Diana knows that music isn't selling anymore unless you are a trendy young act. Barbra, Madonna, Cher, all those iconic superstars are ending with mediocre results in term of sales.
    Why would she be an exception?

That was always my guess, Bluebrock. Supporting a major album release must be grueling, and we all know that Diana is supportive and involved with her now-extended family in a big, big way so I'm sure the grin & greet 'thang just isn't appealing to her any longer.

Perhaps they do Albator. Hopefully Marv will have a private chat with "Luke" and maybe between them they can squeeze some information out of their sources! Ha ha ha.
    There was another one for a while, as well, who seemed to ... fade away. Perhaps we have our own version of 'Split' in the making!

Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    Do you really think she is that interested in making an album? Don't misunderstand me, I hope she is going to record, with great producers, and they'll come with exciting new stuff. I love her actual voice and she can be very effective with appropriated material. But Diana knows that music isn't selling anymore unless you are a trendy young act. Barbra, Madonna, Cher, all those iconic superstars are ending with mediocre results in term of sales.
    Why would she be an exception?
    To be honest she is quite content to just tour domestically where there is little travel involved, but a couple of members of her family have been wanting her to return to the recording studio, and with all the renewed interest in her, and the calibre of people who want to work with her she is actually quite keen herself, but there are a couple of major stumbling blocks which now appear to have been overcome. This has been in discussion since 2016, but it now looks likely to finally come to fruition.

There was another one for a while, as well, who seemed to ... fade away. Perhaps we have our own version of 'Split' in the making!
    Perhaps we do! Ha ha ha.
    Didn't the Euyrithmics once release an album called We two are one? And the Spice Girls had a UK no.1 with Two become one. Marv and 'Luke" could perhaps do a cover version of that now they have been reduced from a trio to a "duo".

To be honest she is quite content to just tour domestically where there is little travel involved, but a couple of members of her family have been wanting her to return to the recording studio, and with all the renewed interest in her, and the calibre of people who want to work with her she is actually quite keen herself, but there are a couple of major stumbling blocks which now appear to have been overcome. This has been in discussion since 2016, but it now looks likely to finally come to fruition.
    Im happy to read this my dear Bluebrock. Looking forward to a new album from The Boss.

Fondly,

Roberta