[REMOVE ADS]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Well Boogie, I have downloaded Mark Ronson's new album... it's not bad and not wholly sad. The songs are lyrically sad [[and some of the vocals are) but the style is fairly upbeat, disco-ish pop. I'm not a massive fan of any of the people he has collaborated with though, Diana would be much better!!!
    Hi Tom - The new Ronson album was created to reflect the feelings he's experienced post-divorce. His lp would, of course, have little to nothing to do with music he would create for Diana. Talented producers can produce music of more than one mood, as I' sure you [[if not others ...) can understand!
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/13/a...sultPosition=1

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Hi Tom - The new Ronson album was created to reflect the feelings he's experienced post-divorce. His lp would, of course, have little to nothing to do with music he would create for Diana. Talented producers can produce music of more than one mood, as I' sure you [[if not others ...) can understand!
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/13/a...sultPosition=1
    oh you didn't get the memo?? Mark Ronson has announced he will from now thru eternity only write sad songs for the rest of his life and career , and he doesn't care who , and he means no matter who!! , requests otherwise!
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 07-03-2019 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Either she has a recording contract from a recording company or doesn't. You understand English!
    You will have to wait until the official announcement just like the rest of us. I realise anything concerning Diana is of great interest to you, but you must try to exercise patience. I hope Luke is a little more patient than you are!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    You will have to wait until the official announcement just like the rest of us. I realise anything concerning Diana is of great interest to you, but you must try to exercise patience. I hope Luke is a little more patient than you are!
    In the past, Luke claimed a lot a important anonyme sources, maybe they know.

... and I'm sure, if Diana chooses to make another lp, it will not be released on a tiny local label such as CEO or Nightmare or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    In the past, Luke claimed a lot a important anonyme sources, maybe they know.
    Perhaps they do Albator. Hopefully Marv will have a private chat with "Luke" and maybe between them they can squeeze some information out of their sources! Ha ha ha.

... and I'm sure, if Diana chooses to make another lp, it will not be released on a tiny local label such as CEO or Nightmare or whatever.
    There is plenty of interest, and that has intensified over the past year or two. If Diana would just lower her demands on touring and promoting this album could have been out in 2017.

There is plenty of interest, and that has intensified over the past year or two. If Diana would just lower her demands on touring and promoting this album could have been out in 2017.
    Do you really think she is that interested in making an album? Don't misunderstand me, I hope she is going to record, with great producers, and they'll come with exciting new stuff. I love her actual voice and she can be very effective with appropriated material. But Diana knows that music isn't selling anymore unless you are a trendy young act. Barbra, Madonna, Cher, all those iconic superstars are ending with mediocre results in term of sales.
    Why would she be an exception?

That was always my guess, Bluebrock. Supporting a major album release must be grueling, and we all know that Diana is supportive and involved with her now-extended family in a big, big way so I'm sure the grin & greet 'thang just isn't appealing to her any longer.

Perhaps they do Albator. Hopefully Marv will have a private chat with "Luke" and maybe between them they can squeeze some information out of their sources! Ha ha ha.
    There was another one for a while, as well, who seemed to ... fade away. Perhaps we have our own version of 'Split' in the making!

Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    Do you really think she is that interested in making an album? Don't misunderstand me, I hope she is going to record, with great producers, and they'll come with exciting new stuff. I love her actual voice and she can be very effective with appropriated material. But Diana knows that music isn't selling anymore unless you are a trendy young act. Barbra, Madonna, Cher, all those iconic superstars are ending with mediocre results in term of sales.
    Why would she be an exception?
    To be honest she is quite content to just tour domestically where there is little travel involved, but a couple of members of her family have been wanting her to return to the recording studio, and with all the renewed interest in her, and the calibre of people who want to work with her she is actually quite keen herself, but there are a couple of major stumbling blocks which now appear to have been overcome. This has been in discussion since 2016, but it now looks likely to finally come to fruition.

There was another one for a while, as well, who seemed to ... fade away. Perhaps we have our own version of 'Split' in the making!
    Perhaps we do! Ha ha ha.
    Didn't the Euyrithmics once release an album called We two are one? And the Spice Girls had a UK no.1 with Two become one. Marv and 'Luke" could perhaps do a cover version of that now they have been reduced from a trio to a "duo".

To be honest she is quite content to just tour domestically where there is little travel involved, but a couple of members of her family have been wanting her to return to the recording studio, and with all the renewed interest in her, and the calibre of people who want to work with her she is actually quite keen herself, but there are a couple of major stumbling blocks which now appear to have been overcome. This has been in discussion since 2016, but it now looks likely to finally come to fruition.
    Im happy to read this my dear Bluebrock. Looking forward to a new album from The Boss.

Fondly,

Roberta

I wish Ms.Ross would record a new version of "These Things Will Keep Me Lovin You." Someone needs to refresh this awesome song.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    I hadn't thought about it but Emile Sandé would be great for Diana to work with!!
    Can you hear Diana on this one? Maybe.

Yes Tom, i can hear Diana doing something of the same. Anything like this and i would be a very happy bunny indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    well Mark Ronson is with RCA. Yikes!!!
    Yikes indeed lol. Of course when discussing which producers might be best for Diana to work with, we are all assuming Diana would be compliant in the recording studio. Post 81 and even when working with a strong producer Diana still likes to take control. She has said as much when discussing working with Narada.
    Will she insist on co-producing or have lessons perhaps been learnt?. It is a possible.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 11-19-2019 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Yikes indeed lol. Of course when discussing which producers might be best for Diana to work with, we are all assuming Diana would be compliant in the recording studio. Post 81 and even when working with a strong producer Diana still likes to take control. She has said as much when discussing working with Narada.
    Will she insist on co-producing or have lessons perhaps been learnt?. It is a possible.
    She is no longer as interested in taking control as she once was. It sounds very much like she is letting Mark and Nile take charge on this album.

The Diana Ross of 2020 is different from the Diana Ross of 1980 lol

She is no longer as interested in taking control as she once was. It sounds very much like she is letting Mark and Nile take charge on this album.
    I really hope so Bluebrock. Having said that, i would be surprised not to see Diana listed as executive producer, whatever that title means.

Mark Ronson all the way but I would be somewhat apprehensive about Nile Rodgers given some of his recent output.

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Mark Ronson all the way but I would be somewhat apprehensive about Nile Rodgers given some of his recent output.
    I share your concern. I know he has submitted some demos. I honestly do not know if Diana has accepted or rejected them. I suspect there will be at least one from him on the album. I should know something official by the 2nd week of December.

Wonder if she would include any Gibb songs...there are a few gems on EA that are really good but the album didn't sound as POP as I remember it.....imo.
    Either way glad she is recording an album.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    Wonder if she would include any Gibb songs...there are a few gems on EA that are really good but the album didn't sound as POP as I remember it.....imo.
    Either way glad she is recording an album.
    Not on this album, but maybe on the next one.

i would like her to record Ribbon in The Sky ...surprised she hasn't.
    so this maybe a 2 album deal>>?

I only heard the Gibb song "Carried Away" for the first time this year. I believe it was originally an Olivia Newton John album track. I think it would suit Diana's airy vocal quality.
    Last edited by smallworld; 11-24-2019 at 01:16 PM.

Definitely, Diana Ross' vocals could make this song soar!

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    i would like her to record Ribbon in The Sky ...surprised she hasn't.
    so this maybe a 2 album deal>>?
    Absolutely. I want Diana to record more Stevie.

Quote Originally Posted by smallworld View Post
    I only heard the Gibb song "Carried Away" for the first time this year. I believe it was originally an Olivia Newton John album track. I think it would suit Diana's airy vocal quality.
    "Carried Away" was a song rejected by Streisand when recording her Guilty album. The song was passed on to Olivia for her Physical set. My fave song from that album being "Falling". Perhaps another song that might also have suited Diana.

"Carried Away" was a song rejected by Streisand when recording her Guilty album. The song was passed on to Olivia for her Physical set. My fave song from that album being "Falling". Perhaps another song that might also have suited Diana.
    Streisand did record "carried away" for the Guilty album but it didn't make the final cut. It may yet appear on a future compilation. I still haven't given up on an expanded version of Guilty, but Babs has been very reluctant to greenlight any expanded editions up to now.

Streisand did record "carried away" for the Guilty album but it didn't make the final cut. It may yet appear on a future compilation. I still haven't given up on an expanded version of Guilty, but Babs has been very reluctant to greenlight any expanded editions up to now.
    It's interesting that Bab's,Diana then a little later Olivia released perhaps their best album around that time period.

I would love to hear Diana sing Stevie's You And I [[We Can Conquer The World) from Talking Book. She would absolutely nail that song.

Perhaps as a duet with Stevie or at least with him playing some of the instrumentation.
    Last edited by rovereab; 11-25-2019 at 05:59 AM.

Interesting; I wonder why? Other than Barbra, like Diana is a present- and forward-looking lady.

Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post
    I would love to hear Diana sing Stevie's You And I [[We Can Conquer The World) from Talking Book. She would absolutely nail that song.

Perhaps as a duet with Stevie or at least with him playing some of the instrumentation.
    Yes, You and I would be great by Diana. A beautiful song that's worthy of rediscovery.

It's interesting that Bab's,Diana then a little later Olivia released perhaps their best album around that time period.
    I haven't heard Olivia's album so i shall have to take your word for that, but it was certainly a great time for quality albums

Interesting; I wonder why? Other than Barbra, like Diana is a present- and forward-looking lady.
    You would be amazed at how many canned tracks she has got in the vault. I actually asked her to sanction an expanded edition of Guilty, but all she did was laugh and say "maybe one day". It is most frustrating!

Yes, You and I would be great by Diana. A beautiful song that's worthy of rediscovery.
    Bluerock, given your association with Diana, is there any chance of suggesting You And I [[We Can Conquer The World) to her for the up and coming album or one in the future please?

As I read this thread I find myself like I was a teenager again awaiting a new release from at the time, The Supremes, but now it's a new Ross recording. I bought all of her solo works through Take Me Higher but now that this is officially in the works I'll be in line to buy it the moment it's available.

Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post
    Bluerock, given your association with Diana, is there any chance of suggesting You And I [[We Can Conquer The World) to her for the up and coming album or one in the future please?
    I wish i had so much influence! If i did i would have had her sign for Clive Davis several years ago when he was actively chasing her.
    I also begged her work with Ashford and Simpson back in the 90's to no avail.
    I am keeping well out of it unless my opinion is sought which is highly unlikely.
    Great suggestion though. A Stevie produced album would be wonderful, but sadly he is too sick to be even considered at this time.

I wish i had so much influence! If i did i would have had her sign for Clive Davis several years ago when he was actively chasing her.
    I am keeping well out of it unless my opinion is sought which is highly unlikely.
    Great suggestion though. A Stevie produced album would be wonderful, but sadly he is too sick to be even considered at this time.
    Has Stevie ever produced another artist with commercial or chart success?

Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
    Has Stevie ever produced another artist with commercial or chart success?
    He produced a Top 10 hit on Jermaine Jackson with LET'S GET SERIOUS. He also produced a Top 20 hit for the Spinners with IT'S A SHAME.

Sad to hear about about Stevie, though his material would be wonderful even if he does not produce or perform. I'm not too disappointed about the Clive Davis deal not coming to fruition; his productions for at least 10 years [[probably more) have been totally smarmy.

"Family" and "Overjoyed" -[[solo voice with accompaniment by solo jazz guitar)- would be nice songs on Diana Ross' upcoming new album.

I hope there is no Gibb involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    Relax. There won't be.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    Agreed. Once was way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    He produced a Top 10 hit on Jermaine Jackson with LET'S GET SERIOUS. He also produced a Top 20 hit for the Spinners with IT'S A SHAME.
    I LOVE Stevie Wonder but I just don't see him doing justice to DR's voice. His track record as a producer for other talent is not the best: The Supremes, MR&TheVs, Syreeta. He's a great talent, but I don't think it transfer to other artists. Same with Luther V.

I think Luther did a good job with Diana, Dionne, and Aretha.

Carried Away would certainly make a good album track but it just doesn't have that vital punch.

Each to his own - I loved many of the tracks on the Eaten Alive album [[certainly not the titlle track though) but then I do like the Bee Gees.

But I know in general the American public weren't that impressed with it.

Still bettin' my money on Mark Ronson producing Diana for a fresh, hip new sound.

I agree that Stevie had a very unique style and approach. IMO when he collaborated with others, it was too Stevie. and i don't know that he approached his group work as a "group" versus a lead singer with vocal backup