[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Diana Ross announces new album

Fans of Diana Ross has said that during her Q&A last night in Vegas Diana Ross stated she will be working on a new album later this year and will be working with producer Mark Ronson. How great is that!! He is the person who has produced for Bruno Mars, Adele, and Lady Gaga. Just to name a few. Said she hopes the album will be released next year. How super exciting !!!

Fantastic news!

and we may get a hit on the radio! beware newcomers, there's a LEGENDARY DIVA who wants a brand spankin' new hit single!

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Fans of Diana Ross has said that during her Q&A last night in Vegas Diana Ross stated she will be working on a new album later this year and will be working with producer Mark Ronson. How great is that!! He is the person who has produced for Bruno Mars, Adele, and Lady Gaga. Just to name a few. Said she hopes the album will be released next year. How super exciting !!!
    Mark. Effin. Ronson. HOW. COOL. IS. THIS.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Mark. Effin. Ronson. HOW. COOL. IS. THIS.
    I know. So F***** cool!! I love it!!

yawn!!!!! Lol!

But seriously, it is not going to sell. Hell has not frozen over yet.........

OMG, is this true. With Mark Ronson? HOW GREAT.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    But seriously, it is not going to sell. Hell has not frozen over yet.........
    There’s this Dionne Warwick song called Heartbreaker - sing it; you might feel better while we all laugh

Can anyone say "Mary Wilson?"

wow !!! Now I am thinking of all the possibilities for new songs, writers and even duets.

Imagine what they could do together, her and Mark...

It's been like 13 years since the last album.

oh good. Evan and Rhonda are busy writing songs for her as we speak.

This has been in discussion for almost two years. It would appear that Diana has finally come to an agreement with a certain record company with regard to overseas touring commitments. That had been the biggest stumbling block.
    Mick Ronson is a very astute man. I don't know how many tracks he will be producing. He is about to drop his own album which he asked Diana to contribute to, so i guess he will be busy promoting that for a while. I suspect Nile Rodgers and Pharrell will be on board too. Both have been desperate to produce her for a while.

yawn!!!!! Lol!
    If you are so uninterested why go to the trouble of commenting? You are a very transparent individual.
    I will send you some bitter lemons and sour grapes to suck on.......

My goodness, i almost choked on my morning coffee. Well thats got us all a flutter.
    I must confess, i never thought this would happen. It was great to feel that old rush of excitement again at the thought of a new Diana album. I had forgotten what it was like.
    I really hope the songs suit her voice as to where it is now such as Streisand did with Walls. It does not sound like Mark Ronson will do an entire album so i hope she chooses her producers well.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    Can anyone say "Mary Wilson?"
    Everyone can. It's just that nobody bothers ...

For someone who should be considered a legend, it has been too long between releases. I certainly wish her well and much success. I certainly hope since her family is writing songs for her that they are up to the task as I personally am unfamiliar with any hit songs they have written. If Ronson wanted her to sing on his project, I have a feeling that maybe the same song will be released on both projects. Ross' voice seems to be in pretty decent shape lately so it is good she is recording now. Good Luck!

Dare to dream?

Cynic that I am I'll believe this when the album hits the airwaves.

Quote Originally Posted by jim aka jtigre99 View Post
    For someone who should be considered a legend, it has been too long between releases. I certainly wish her well and much success. I certainly hope since her family is writing songs for her that they are up to the task as I personally am unfamiliar with any hit songs they have written. If Ronson wanted her to sing on his project, I have a feeling that maybe the same song will be released on both projects. Ross' voice seems to be in pretty decent shape lately so it is good she is recording now. Good Luck!
    Yes, it has been a very long time. There are teenagers that have been born and grown up since her last release. She may not have many other options other than having songs written for her by her family at this point.

Still, this would be a nice little souvenir for her fans if this album ever gets made. At least they won't have to constantly do tiresome remixes of her old records from 40 and 50 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Dare to dream?

I doubt it would ever hit the airwaves in America since they stopped playing her music many, many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Dare to dream?

I was somewhat sceptical too. I am trying to find out more, but the fact that Diana herself appears to have finally confirmed it makes me think it may actually be happening.

I doubt it would ever hit the airwaves in America since they stopped playing her music many, many years ago.
    I very much hope you are enjoying sucking on those bitter lemons and sour grapes!!!

Good news. Diana seems to be in a good place now. Exciting news. This could be huge

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    This has been in discussion for almost two years. It would appear that Diana has finally come to an agreement with a certain record company with regard to overseas touring commitments. That had been the biggest stumbling block.
    Mick Ronson is a very astute man. I don't know how many tracks he will be producing. He is about to drop his own album which he asked Diana to contribute to, so i guess he will be busy promoting that for a while. I suspect Nile Rodgers and Pharrell will be on board too. Both have been desperate to produce her for a while.
    I would love to see this happen.
    Diana needs to surround herself with this kind of talent

the way things are going, this may get released b4 Universal releases the next expanded edition!
    Last edited by daviddh; 06-16-2019 at 09:51 AM.

by the way, that's Mark Ronson; the late Mick Ronson was David Bowie's version of Keith Richards during the Ziggy Stardust/glam rock 70's...watch a new Ross single produced by Ronson go Top 40; the new album will def go to #1

I thought this was one of those fake news articles until I heard her say it in that audio file. Great news. I get the feeling that the song produced by Mark may be a song for his project. Either way it would be nice to hear a new song by Diana. So who are some of your dream producers? I’d like a few tracks produced by India Arie. Diana is a big fan, and India loves Diana. Although I’m not a John Legend fan, his style suits Diana. Bruno Mars is also good- I just don’t want any songs that sound like she is chasing the young crowd.

Diana also said in the same Q&A that Evan and Tracee have been writing music for her. hmmmmmmmm

Actually, I don't care if it goes on the airwave or goes to #1.
    I am just elated that Diana has got over that hump and held out for what she wanted and is now ready to do it again. A new recording and a new CD is a good thing for me. So who really cares what the negative nellies have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    I am just elated that Diana has got over that hump and held out for what she wanted and is now ready to do it again. A new recording and a new CD is a good thing for me. So who really cares what the negative nellies have to say.
    well said , who cares about the haters.

So what! Who cares? At least, now that she officially announced it, I am confident that it will be released in just a matter of time, not a matter of decades. I can say that with "clarity".

I am also confident that if Diana decides to tour, her number one fans will support her by buying the music and attending her shows if she is in their area, and probably will even travel to see her.

Good for her, and good for all former Supremes who are still out there doing their thing and continuing to give us enjoyment.

"They Is Terrific!"

Don't be so bitter

Exactly. Florence is probably looking down smiling at her two friends for still making sure the Supremes' legacy continues. I'm sure of it.

Yes, it has been a very long time. There are teenagers that have been born and grown up since her last release. She may not have many other options other than having songs written for her by her family at this point.

Still, this would be a nice little souvenir for her fans if this album ever gets made. At least they won't have to constantly do tiresome remixes of her old records from 40 and 50 years ago.

You are a bigger hypocrite than that orange fool in the oval office. When "Big Star" LMAO, Mary Wilson hit the charts with a "tiresome remix from 40 or 50 years ago" you had this to say.

Originally Posted by marv2
    She's been making it on her own for 39 years now. Having a hit "record" is not the only thing that constitutes making it in the entertainment business. Mary does so much more than just record. She is a big star because of her talent and drive.

YES! Mary Wilson has made the Billboard Dance Club Charts. Isn't that wonderful? LOL!!!!

I think it is so great that a Motown Alumni is on the charts with new music in 2015! Congratulations to the "sexy one" Mary Wilson!

Mark Ronson is a perfect producer for her. He did Amy Winehouse's Back To Black album. He has the ear for a great mix between a throwback and contemporary sounds. I imagine what he would do with her will be a mix that's suitable for her that's fresh, but also draws from that classic sound she made so famous back in the 60s and 70s. I do hope this album comes to fruition. If I'm not mistaken at one time it was reported she was recording a new album about 10 years ago that never came to light.

I wonder if it will sound anything like this

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    by the way, that's Mark Ronson; the late Mick Ronson was David Bowie's version of Keith Richards during the Ziggy Stardust/glam rock 70's...watch a new Ross single produced by Ronson go Top 40; the new album will def go to #1
    Yes it is! I knew Mick Ronson way back when, and whenever i refer to Mark Ronson i always type Mick.
    Despite Marv's mocking of this forthcoming project i am also very confident this album will be a success. It is the right time to do it.
    Marv will have to get used to sucking on those bitter lemons and sour grapes. He will be chocking on them if the album really takes off hahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    You are a bigger hypocrite than that orange fool in the oval office. When "Big Star" LMAO, Mary Wilson hit the charts with a "tiresome remix from 40 or 50 years ago" you had this to say.

Originally Posted by marv2
    She's been making it on her own for 39 years now. Having a hit "record" is not the only thing that constitutes making it in the entertainment business. Mary does so much more than just record. She is a big star because of her talent and drive.

He is the gift that keeps on giving. What a hypocrite he is, but it makes even more fun to call him out. Keep up the great work Marv. Much love to you xxx

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    "Negative nellies". Love it! Hahaha.

Wonderful news, nothing more to say!

It will be interesting to see what conditions if any Diana has agreed to with regard to overseas touring commitments.

Maybe her long anticipated appearance at Glastonbury, UK could be worked in around the new album!!!

Didn't one of those remixes chart on Billboard recently though?

She may have to do a Tina Turner and move overseas, if we don't give her love. Look how that turned out for her: hit B'wy. play and autobiography!! Which I highly recommend!

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    I thought this was one of those fake news articles until I heard her say it in that audio file. Great news. I get the feeling that the song produced by Mark may be a song for his project. Either way it would be nice to hear a new song by Diana. So who are some of your dream producers? I’d like a few tracks produced by India Arie. Diana is a big fan, and India loves Diana. Although I’m not a John Legend fan, his style suits Diana. Bruno Mars is also good- I just don’t want any songs that sound like she is chasing the young crowd.
    I agree with Pharrell being one of the dream producers. Whatch'all think about megaproducers Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis? Look what they did for Janet. Which in my humble opinion brought her induction into the Hall of Fame AND making careers of scores of folk! Ciara I'm looking at you, hon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Yes it is! I knew Mick Ronson way back when, and whenever i refer to Mark Ronson i always type Mick.
    Despite Marv's mocking of this forthcoming project i am also very confident this album will be a success. It is the right time to do it.
    Marv will have to get used to sucking on those bitter lemons and sour grapes. He will be chocking on them if the album really takes off hahahaha.
    Methinks he will be forced to make lemonade from those bitter lemons! And wine from those grapes!! Diane [[real name) rocks!! If you can still be performing in your late 70's you deserve the success you've achieved!! One report said the average performer/musician/singer's shelf life is 5 years!!!! Take that haters!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post
    Wonderful news, nothing more to say!
    Ditto. Wonderful! Wonderful!

Although I am skeptical as hinted above, I guess we should be encouraged by the idea that ANYONE might still be releasing "an album" or "a CD" in 2020, since all indications are that the format will have been phased out by then.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    Although I am skeptical as hinted above, I guess we should be encouraged by the idea that ANYONE might still be releasing "an album" or "a CD" in 2020, since all indications are that the format will have been phased out by then.
    I don't know. No one predicted the death of iTunes at least on Apple Mac systems lol

My big fear is that Diana will finally follow One of Mary’s ideas for the first time in 50 years - announce an album that never comes out, like Mary’s HDH album!

I wonder if my worry will be as grave as Marv’s fear that this will be a hit?

I think not!

Phased out ? I just bought a CD, then purchased a Vinyl LP for $22.98 and then downloaded an Itunes song as well. As long as they don't bring back 8track I'm good.