[REMOVE ADS]

Martha Reeves & Vandellas Unreleased Masters

Back in February 2016, senior member mysterysinger posted a thread about a CD he has [[which was not of the best quality but nevertheless interesting) and listed the songs that appeared on it. I went through the Don't Forget the Motor City compendium to see if every one ultimately showed up. He listed 21 songs total and I determined from the Lost & Found Hip O Select Spellbound release that 15 of them appeared in that. However, there are 6 others that did not appear in that and are not included in the DFTMC compendium.

The 6 songs are:

I'm Gonna See For Myself
    He'll Hurt You So
    I'm So Glad You Belong To Me
    The Love I Feel for You
    Joy
    I Love the Way He Loves Me

Does anyone know if any of these 6 above appear elsewhere? I'd like to listen to them.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I'm So Glad You Belong To Me was on the Hip-O Lost and Found CD set

A track called I'M GLAD YOU BELONG TO ME is on the SPELLBOUND: LOST AND FOUND COLLECTION. I assume its the same recording as you listed above but I'm not sure.

There's also a track called START WITH JOY IN THE MORNING that is on one of the CELLARFUL OF MOTOWN collections. Maybe it is the JOY listed above.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolKatz View Post

I'm So Glad You Belong To Me was on the Hip-O Lost and Found CD set
    Love the string passages and back-up vocals on this track! As always, Martha does a great job on lead vocals, as did Edwin Starr & Blinky on their "Just We Two" album. Both versions use the same backing track.

The Unreleased Masters - Martha & The Vandellas

I had thought all were now released but it seems that 2 might not be. However, some of the tracks are listed under different titles and it's possible that the remaining 2 may already be out there.

The CD tracks are slightly different than listed on the cover. They sound poor compared to the properly released versions [[and speeds are quite variable) but I still wonder how these things got out un-officially some years ago.

Tracks are:
    01 I'll Be Standing By [[50th Anniversary Singles)
    02 Build Him Up [[Finders Keepers - Motown Girls)
    03 All That Glitters Isn't Gold [[Spellbound Lost & Found)
    04 Coney Island [[Spellbound Lost & Found)
    05 Spellbound [[Spellbound Lost & Found)
    06 Contract On Love [[Motown Ultimate Rarities Collection 1)
    07 I Remember You [[50th Anniversary Singles)
    08 I Can't Take It [[Spellbound Lost & Found)
    09 Time Changes Things [[Spellbound Lost & Found)
    10 I Want To Be With You Tonight [[Motown Unreleased 1962 Girls)
    11 Memories Are Made Of This [[50th Anniversary Singles)
    12 I'm Gonna See For Myself [[A)
    13 It's Hard To Walk Away [[50th Anniversary Singles) [[B)
    14 He'll Hurt You So [[C)
    15 Loving You Is Sweeter Than Ever [[50th Anniversary Singles)
    16 Oh I've Been Blessed [[Spellbound Lost & Found)
    17 I'm Glad You Belong To Me [[Spellbound Lost & Found)
    18 The Love I Feel For You [[D)
    19 Hooked On A Bad Thing [[50th Anniversary Singles)
    20 Joy / Start With Joy In The Morning [[A Cellarful of Motown Volume 2)
    21 Build Your Love On A Strong Foundation [[Spellbound Lost & Found)
    22 I Love The Way He Loves Me [[E)

[[A) Sounds quite like "Come & Get These Memories" NOT YET FOUND ELSEWHERE
    [[B) It's also on Motown Unreleased Girls 1962 but due to speed differences sounds most like the version on 50th Anniversary Singles)
    [[C) This is actually "You Just Wouldn't Listen" and on Motown Unreleased 1962 Girls and 50thAnniversary Singles
    [[D) This is actually "Talking About Love" and appears on Spellbound Lost & Found
    [[E) I really like this one but sounds familiar too. NOT YET FOUND ELSEWHERE

i'll have a go at YouTubing these remaining 2 tracks and they may be recognised with different titles. Watch this space!

As promised - this one is "I Love The Way He Loves Me" - I love this track.

Seems MRAV released two new albums [[?) according to Google - "Redwood Tree", and "Carousel".

Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    Seems MRAV released two new albums [[?) according to Google - "Redwood Tree", and "Carousel".
    You must be a better person at Google than I am. Where did you find this information at? I cannot locate it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Love the string passages and back-up vocals on this track! As always, Martha does a great job on lead vocals, as did Edwin Starr & Blinky on their "Just We Two" album. Both versions use the same backing track.
    I like this version! Edwin & Blinky still top it for me though. The backing track to me sounds slightly different though, it must be the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    I like this version! Edwin & Blinky still top it for me though. The backing track to me sounds slightly different though, it must be the mix.
    Yeah, Tom, the version we're used to usually remains the one we favor most. I just got out the two versions and compared them. Other than the lead vocals, Martha's version has back-up vocals, whereas Blinky & Edwin's has none. And you were right -- The only other difference I noticed was the mix. In Blinky & Edwin's, the trumpet is way up front. In Martha's, the trumpet is way in the background. You can hear it, but just barely. One thing is for sure, Buddy -- those string passages -- especially during the instrumental break -- are killer! One of the two versions should have been released as a single. Quality Control surely must have been asleep at the switch that day!!!

And finally "I'm Gonna See For Myself". So now you have all tracks on "The Unreleased Masters" if you didn't already have them.

Thanks for refreshing my memory on this one. This one is one of my favorites done in the same vain as come and get these memories. It was released as "I'm willing to pay the price" on the Ace CD "Baby I've Got It! More Motown Girls in 2018. Here's the released version as it appears on the CD

Thanks for that, I haven't yet ripped that CD so didn't find the track in my library. Then there was one?

And Microsoft no longer support metadata in Media Player for Windows 7 so I'm stuffed for the time being unless I find the time to type every thing in. This is for another thread though!

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    You must be a better person at Google than I am. Where did you find this information at? I cannot locate it. Thanks.
    It's weird. I get daily news alerts on my devices. And when these so-called albums pop up, I click on it and it takes me to Google's search results page. Bizarre!

I understand. However, this raises an interesting question about Martha & the Vandellas.
    Is the group currently under contract to ANY record label that if the opportunity arose to record and release an album they wouldn't have to start from scratch? I don't know if they are under any agreement today. Certainly not Universal Motown.

"I Love the Way He Loves Me" is a new one on me.