[REMOVE ADS]

The Temptations Induction into the Apollo Walk of Fame!

Congrats to the Temptin' Temptations for another Walk of Fame star.

Way to go, Tempts! [[It's a shame that annoying siren had to ruin Otis' special moment.) BTW, I wonder who dressed Otis for this occasion?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Way to go, Tempts! [[It's a shame that annoying siren had to ruin Otis' special moment.) BTW, I wonder who dressed Otis for this occasion?!!!
    Otis' stylist was Elton John. His sneeks match his referee blazer!

Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    Otis' stylist was Elton John. His sneeks match his referee blazer!
    And his huge white glasses to boot! HaHa!

Congrat temps..otis has always marched to the beat of a different drummer when it came to wardrobe!!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Congrat temps..otis has always marched to the beat of a different drummer when it came to wardrobe!!
    Really? I guess I don't get out much! I've never seen him dress like that before. In the above video, all the guys standing around Otis are dressed to the nines [[like The Temptations used to dress), while Otis looks like he just finished performing in a circus! Not exactly a fashion plate!

Not the first time otis has worn stripes,heck some years back he wore a jumpsuit that looked like a prison issue,and he was on a talk show recently with pink socks and a pair of those rubber things that hospital personel wear.

Not the first time otis has worn stripes,heck some years back he wore a jumpsuit that looked like a prison issue,and he was on a talk show recently with pink socks and a pair of those rubber things that hospital personel wear.
    Whatever trips your trigger, I guess!

Truth be told... looks like Otis decided to wear one of their old stage outfits... I hope he didn't wear the pants too...
    Last edited by StuBass1; 06-15-2019 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StuBass1 View Post
    Truth be told... looks like Otis decided to wear one of their old stage outfits... I hope he didn't wear the pants too...
    You and me both, Stu! The outfits pictured are some different from The Tempts' dapper stagewear that I fondly remember.

I have several pictures of Tempts various stage outfits. Otis and I used the same dry cleaners in Encino and the owner always let me take pictures of them. There always used to be different Tempts outfits hanging up there...Here's some more, a bit more subdued...

And back to the more "wild" side...

I guess I'm gettin' old, Stu. I much prefer the earlier, subdued styles! [[My tastes are still stuck back in The Tempts' top-hat-and-cane look from their "Gettin' Ready" LP and the tuxes they wore on their "In A Mellow Mood" album.) But, either way, it's cool that you had rightful access to The Tempts' wardrobe. It's something that the rest of us Motown fans could only dream about.

I can only assume that back in the day, Otis wasn't in charge of the wardrobes Gary...LOL... We actually saw Otis' Tempts a couple of years ago out here in L.A....when Otis...a large guy, and Bruce Williamson was with them, a VERY large guy...and they wore that striped outfit. I've gotta tell you...That stage was ALL stripes from end to end...
    Last edited by StuBass1; 06-15-2019 at 09:19 PM.

Yeah, I think that's a safe bet, Stu, that "Otis wasn't their wardrobe guy!" The "stage was all stripes from end to end"....like 5 singing/dancing zebras!

Great pics Stu! It is my understanding that it was Eddie Kendricks that had the most influence on what the Temptations wore.

Thing is WHAT kind of drummer!!

Whatever trips your trigger, I guess!
    And whatever floats your boat!!

The fact is the man is almost 80. Been performing for almost 60 years and is the surviving member of the group. If Otis wants to wear a tutu and fatigues...!!! I'm just saying.

Whatever happened to the days when the Temps set the standard for male elegance and style? Case in point: the album cover where all the guys are turned out in matching aqua marine suits with off-white/cream piping and shawls. And the photog caught their long-legged masculinity in mid-Temptations Walk!!!

And whatever floats your boat!!
    Whatever tickles your pickle!

The fact is the man is almost 80. Been performing for almost 60 years and is the surviving member of the group. If Otis wants to wear a tutu and fatigues...!!! I'm just saying.
    Tutu and fatigues! ROFL!!!

Remember when MJ wore that black onesie with the gold buckles? Was that around the time of the Bad album?

Remember when MJ wore that black onesie with the gold buckles? Was that around the time of the Bad album?
    Are you asking me, Native? If you are, I don't know. I don't think I'm familiar with the photo you're referring to.

Are you asking me, Native? If you are, I don't know. I don't think I'm familiar with the photo you're referring to.
    Phillies/Motown Gary, not you in particular. Any one on the thread. Check the MJ Pics thread. There's a pic there.