[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Temptations

Temptations

We’ve just watched the Temptations movie this week [[which we LOVED, so much so we watched 4 times within a week!) I’d be interested to know if there is any actual video footage out there of David Ruffin taking the mic from Dennis Edwards?

Quote Originally Posted by leigh2121 View Post
    we’ve just watched the temptations movie this week [[which we loved, so much so we watched 4 times within a week!) i’d be interested to know if there is any actual video footage out there of david ruffin taking the mic from dennis edwards?
    haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh2121 View Post
    We’ve just watched the Temptations movie this week [[which we LOVED, so much so we watched 4 times within a week!) I’d be interested to know if there is any actual video footage out there of David Ruffin taking the mic from Dennis Edwards?
    Lordt... I wondered how accurate that was. I know he did get on the Tempts' nerves after a while though! Lol

David's ego combined with his drug use wouldn't let him accept that he was out of the group,they had to hire guards to keep him off stage.

Found this excerpt via a Google search. Apparently, it's from the book titled, "Ain't Too Proud to Beg: The Troubled Lives and Enduring Soul of the Temptations"

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?...pic_id=2778583

Rediculious inaccurate mini series. No wonder the families tried to stop the airing. Such a shady interpretation. The play looks lousy. The actors move nothing like the Temptations. They just flail around. What stupid piece of garbage comes up with these dumb loser ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Fourtopsbiggestfan View Post
    Rediculious inaccurate mini series. No wonder the families tried to stop the airing. Such a shady interpretation. The play looks lousy. The actors move nothing like the Temptations. They just flail around. What stupid piece of garbage comes up with these dumb loser ideas?
    You are so right! We had a thread at one time to point out all of the inaccuracies in that mini series. First big one was that they filmed it in Pittsburgh and not Detroit!

But fictional or not, the greatest line is: " Ain't nobody coming to see you Otis!" [[it was said Leon, the actor who played Ruffin, ad-libbed it and the filmakers kept it in.)

Other Temps news: The guys apparently just dropped their second album this year! But when you click on the link, it sends you to Google's search engine. However, what is apparent, is the Temps celebrated their 57th. or 59th. anniversary as an act! Three cheers!!

Sorry, I'm not tech savvy. Can't post links. Good 'ol memory banks.

Cheers all around-temptations forever!!