[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson on Jenny McCarthy TV!

This is a REALLY great interview:

Wonderful interview. Covered so much. Thanks Marv!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    This is a REALLY great interview:

Thaaaasnks Marv! Damn good interview! Love her infectious laugh. Keeping the Supreme legacy alive.

This was really good. Nice to hear her open up on some different topics. She elaborated on some past topics that she frequently discusses in interviews but she often does not have the opportunity to go into detail, such as personal regrets, her view on artist royalties and how music is a medicine for so many people. Lovely. I don't think she realized that she was also being filmed! She looked good though.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Thaaaasnks Marv! Damn good interview! Love her infectious laugh. Keeping the Supreme legacy alive.
    I think keeping busy and happy is what keeps Mary Wilson so young!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Wonderful interview. Covered so much. Thanks Marv!
    You're very welcome Luke.

She looks so happy with herself. And she def looks many years younger than many of her contemporaries.

Good point of diff subjects! This interview offered her the forum to get a bit deeper and personalize her message. Go Mary!?

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Good point of diff subjects! This interview offered her the forum to get a bit deeper and personalize her message. Go Mary!?
    She gives so many interviews in a year, I wonder how she stays enthusiastic about it all.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    She gives so many interviews in a year, I wonder how she stays enthusiastic about it all.
    Because shes a performer and its show BUSINESS. Double DUH!!!!!

Huh? How does she stay enthusiastic? This was her dream to be doing things like that from 60 years ago lol

Come on, Mary always wanted to be a performer and famous and she's become that! So what that she gives a lot of interviews? LOL

Anyway, thanks for posting the interview though. I love how she talks about the Modernization Act, she was one of the main ones who was pushing this act. I'm so proud of her for helping all the other legends and their estates get their checks!
    Last edited by midnightman; 06-06-2019 at 09:36 PM.

I think Marv was referring to Mary being enthusiastic about the interviews. I agree with him. While it is show business and interviews come with the territory, lots of celebrities are less than enthused when having to do them. The fact that Mary does so many with 99 percent of them being the same questions over again [[which I imagine is what bothers a lot of the other entertainers, that they have to answer the same questions over and over and over...) and yet she rarely-if ever- shows any signs of disinterest or discontent or worn down, is amazing. Perhaps a testament to her professionalism, perhaps a testament to her personable personality, or a combination of both.

Oh okay, that makes better sense... but yeah Mary definitely loves doing interviews. Most stars don't wanna be bothered...and I don't blame them either. Some are up for them and some aren't.

Entertainers, by their very nature, crave attention. Depending on their levels of fame, some get it without a lot of effort while others need to work much harder at it. Because, to many, Mary Wilson is not a household name, she just has to work a lot harder for the spotlight. While it does appear that she honestly enjoys giving interviews, it’s also one of those chores which goes with the territory.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Entertainers, by their very nature, crave attention. Depending on their levels of fame, some get it without a lot of effort while others need to work much harder at it. Because, to many, Mary Wilson is not a household name, she just has to work a lot harder for the spotlight. While it does appear that she honestly enjoys giving interviews, it’s also one of those chores which goes with the territory.
    Very well put. Mary Wilson does indeed have to work harder to gain attention than legends such as Diana, Stevie, Smokey etc. She does so many interviews because she has to in order to keep her name out there.

I marvel at the energy and stamina these performers must possess — especially at their ages. I’m just 5-7 years younger than they are, and I can barely be-stir myself some days.

I marvel at the energy and stamina these performers must possess — especially at their ages. I’m just 5-7 years younger than they are, and I can barely be-stir myself some days.
    Mary still performs around the World. Add to that all the travel domestically and whew!

True. Lots of entertainers pay a price to make sure we're happy. Judging on her reaction to the Modernization Act, I'm sure doing the work doesn't seem like a chore these days!