[REMOVE ADS]

Calling All of You Four Tops/Motown Fans! - Fourever Four Tops Podcast Is Here!!!!

Hello everyone. I have something great and special to share that was shared with my by our own Fourtopsjim. It is the "Fourever Four Tops Podcast that is now available at the link below. I've been listening to and grooving to it all weekend! Give a listen. Thanks to Fourtopsjim for being a true and generous fan!

http://fourevertops.podbean.com/

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Hello everyone. I have something great and special to share that was shared with my by our own Fourtopsjim. It is the "Fourever Four Tops Podcast that is now available at the link below. I've been listening to and grooving to it all weekend! Give a listen. Thanks to Fourtopsjim for being a true and generous fan!

Thanks, Marv! I'm glad you like it. Anthony's main goal, in starting this podcast, is to keep the legacy of The Four Tops alive. If anyone listens and likes, they can download the podcast, free of charge, and hopefully share with others. Hope you all enjoy!

Just listened to episode 1 - Excellent …. essential listening!

Last edited by booty; 06-02-2019 at 08:58 AM. Reason: added link

Three episodes are up and running: Their Biggest Hits, The 1960s, and The 1970s.
    This week's show, which will be up this evening, will focus on The Live Performances.

Enjoy!

Episode 4- The Live Performances is up and running!
    http://Fourevertops.podbean.com

From the FoureverTops Moderator:

"It has come to our attention: The Live Performance episode cuts away during I Just Can't Walk Away. We are working on this. However, simply fast forward to the next song, Ask The Lonely. The show continues from there."

It's fantastic so far. You'll really be blown away by the live performances episode 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourtopsbiggestfan View Post
    It's fantastic so far. You'll really be blown away by the live performances episode 4.
    Thanks, fourtopsbiggestfan. Glad you're enjoying them.

I love how the live show opens with the Four Tops singing acapella in such incredible harmony!

That was tremendous! The live show made me very nostalgic. It also saddened me a bit knowing that it will never be like that again.

I just got the time to listen to the very first podcast. Anthony did an outstanding job with his selection of songs and his vast knowledge. He did a lot of research. We should all be appreciative of his efforts. I cannot wait until I can take the time to listen to the additional ones that are available. Thank you Anthony. To be honest, this is the first podcast I have ever listened to. I give him a ***** [five star] rating for this so far.

It would be interesting and informative if Anthony would move onto other Motown artists after completing this series of podcasts. Thanks Marv for letting us know. We can always count on you bringing things like this to our attention.

Woodward, who's better than you?! You're most welcome.

I am in the process of listening to the podcasts. He is absolutely amazing in his choice of songs and the research he has done on the ones that he plays. I have no idea how long this weekly series of podcasts can continue until everything is exhausted, but I have a suggestion for a future series of podcasts.

How about FOREVER Marvelettes? Wouldn't that be spectacular! What do others think about this idea? I might shoot the program an email and suggest that he consider this for a future podcast after the Four Tops. Marv, what do you think?

Does anyone know where the broadcast originates, US or UK? I am uncertain.

Quote Originally Posted by fourtopsjim View Post
    Three episodes are up and running: Their Biggest Hits, The 1960s, and The 1970s.
    This week's show, which will be up this evening, will focus on The Live Performances.

Enjoy!
    Just wondering, will there ever be any more podcasts of the Four Tops or has Anthony completed his mission? I did send him an email to the email address he provided and strongly urged him to do a FOREVER Marvelettes series like he did for the Four Tops. I never got any acknowledgement. I really appreciated and enjoy his broadcasts. Hopefully there will be more. Does anyone know?

I had been working on the podcasts with Anthony. Unfortunately, personal issues on Anthony's part have forced the podcast to go on a temporary hiatus.
    Hopefully, we will be back soon. To answer your question, No, Anthony has not completed his mission. We have a lot more shows to do to honor the Four Tops. As of now, there are no plans to do podcasts on any other groups or performers.
    More info will be provided when there is something to report.

Jim

I look forward to upcoming shows.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I look forward to upcoming shows.
    I, too, look forward to upcoming shows. If you have any further information as to when please advise. It has been 3 months since your initial response.
    I do wish he would expand his spectrum to other great Motown artists such as Jimmy Ruffin, Marv Johnson, Elgins, etc. etc. Lesser known than the most popular artists, although his podcasts on the Four Tops were wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    I, too, look forward to upcoming shows. If you have any further information as to when please advise. It has been 3 months since your initial response.
    I do wish he would expand his spectrum to other great Motown artists such as Jimmy Ruffin, Marv Johnson, Elgins, etc. etc. Lesser known than the most popular artists, although his podcasts on the Four Tops were wonderful.
    I definitely will let you know. I also agree about the other artists.

I agree. I nominate The Temptations. I'm obsessed with them, especially 1964-1971.

Quote Originally Posted by fourtopsjim View Post
    I had been working on the podcasts with Anthony. Unfortunately, personal issues on Anthony's part have forced the podcast to go on a temporary hiatus.
    Hopefully, we will be back soon. To answer your question, No, Anthony has not completed his mission. We have a lot more shows to do to honor the Four Tops. As of now, there are no plans to do podcasts on any other groups or performers.
    More info will be provided when there is something to report.

Jim
    An urgent plea to Jim. It's been three lonely years since these were available to us. I truly miss them and have been patiently awaiting some new podcasts.

Can you check on whether the project is still ongoing or are we looking for a needle in a haystack?

We need these back.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    An urgent plea to Jim. It's been three lonely years since these were available to us. I truly miss them and have been patiently awaiting some new podcasts.

Can you check on whether the project is still ongoing or are we looking for a needle in a haystack?

We need these back.
    Hi Guys! Sorry I haven't been around. Well, the news is not good. Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Fourever Four Tops Podcast is dead. I have not been able to reach Anthony in the last 3 years, and I see that Podbean has either removed the previously aired shows, or they have denied further access to them. I wish someone out there could have recorded them somehow, for preservation purposes, but that doesn't seem to be the case. As for new podcasts, even if I were to undertake it by myself, I don't think, with today's restrictions due to copyright, that anyone would give our show a platform. Also, I don't think I could afford the costs of creating a new podcast, restrictions or not.
    If anyone out there wants to take on the cost and responsibility of doing a show on the Tops, I would certainly support them with assistance and content, if they asked for it.
    I will try to be more present on this forum in the future, and perhaps drop some Tops rarities on y'all.
    Wish I had better news. Happy Holidays to all of you!

Jim