A very scary man!!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    A very scary man!!
    Extremely!!!

"American Gangster"is a great film !

Quote Originally Posted by phil View Post
    I loved that movie.
    I remember seeing and reading about the real Frank Lucas in Ebony and Jet Magazines back in the early 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I loved that movie.
    I remember seeing and reading about the real Frank Lucas in Ebony and Jet Magazines back in the early 70s.
    Every so often, a movie is made about someone that doesn't show how dangerous the person really was. American Gangster was a great film but Frank Lucas was every bit that killer and much more. My knees would probably knock if I was aware I was in the room with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Every so often, a movie is made about someone that doesn't show how dangerous the person really was. American Gangster was a great film but Frank Lucas was every bit that killer and much more. My knees would probably knock if I was aware I was in the room with him.

That is exactly how my girlfriend reacted when we were at a restaurant in Little Italy and Gene Gotti [[John's brother) started staring at us! LOL! I played pool one time in Jersey with a very famous gangster and I didn't even know who he was at the time. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    That is exactly how my girlfriend reacted when we were at a restaurant in Little Italy and Gene Gotti [[John's brother) started staring at us! LOL! I played pool one time in Jersey with a very famous gangster and I didn't even know who he was at the time. LOL!
    I guess you didn't talk **** while or after beating him, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by phil View Post
    "This is $25,000 ALPACA!!! You don't rub it, you BLOT that s#!t!!!"

I find it so ironic that in the same week that Frank Lucas dies, Jay-Z is declared a billionaire!

To piggyback on this: Has anyone heard that the news just broke today that Frank's archrival Nicky Barnes passed away in 2012?

I saw a few things pop on YouTube about him. The thumbnails had old headlines from NYC newspapers that called him one of the greatest rats in history. I didn't know why they suddenly hit my recommended watchlist. He was a different cat from Frank Lucas, who if nothing, was someone capable of giving respect when it was earned. If there was a code among criminals, Nicky Barnes' only code was to himself.