A very scary man!!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    A very scary man!!
    Extremely!!!

"American Gangster"is a great film !

Quote Originally Posted by phil View Post
    I loved that movie.
    I remember seeing and reading about the real Frank Lucas in Ebony and Jet Magazines back in the early 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by phil View Post
    "This is $25,000 ALPACA!!! You don't rub it, you BLOT that s#!t!!!"

I find it so ironic that in the same week that Frank Lucas dies, Jay-Z is declared a billionaire!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I loved that movie.
    I remember seeing and reading about the real Frank Lucas in Ebony and Jet Magazines back in the early 70s.
    Every so often, a movie is made about someone that doesn't show how dangerous the person really was. American Gangster was a great film but Frank Lucas was every bit that killer and much more. My knees would probably knock if I was aware I was in the room with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Every so often, a movie is made about someone that doesn't show how dangerous the person really was. American Gangster was a great film but Frank Lucas was every bit that killer and much more. My knees would probably knock if I was aware I was in the room with him.

That is exactly how my girlfriend reacted when we were at a restaurant in Little Italy and Gene Gotti [[John's brother) started staring at us! LOL! I played pool one time in Jersey with a very famous gangster and I didn't even know who he was at the time. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    That is exactly how my girlfriend reacted when we were at a restaurant in Little Italy and Gene Gotti [[John's brother) started staring at us! LOL! I played pool one time in Jersey with a very famous gangster and I didn't even know who he was at the time. LOL!
    I guess you didn't talk **** while or after beating him, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I guess you didn't talk **** while or after beating him, huh?
    It was strange. I was in the car with a bunch of "Joisey" buddies. I just came over there from Ohio for a visit. These guys are nuts and most of them worked as bouncers and other things at some of the most popular nightclubs in NYC at that time. Well one Sat. afternoon we drove to this sports bar/ strip club in Jersey. They got out and told me to stay in the car for a moment. They came back and told me it was ok for me to go in the building. Long story short, the guy I played pool with was really cool, but rough and tumble around the edges. He has been on the national news many times since those days. Years later I would not have guessed we'd be living on Long Island at the same time. LOL!!!!

To piggyback on this: Has anyone heard that the news just broke today that Frank's archrival Nicky Barnes passed away in 2012?

I saw a few things pop on YouTube about him. The thumbnails had old headlines from NYC newspapers that called him one of the greatest rats in history. I didn't know why they suddenly hit my recommended watchlist. He was a different cat from Frank Lucas, who if nothing, was someone capable of giving respect when it was earned. If there was a code among criminals, Nicky Barnes' only code was to himself.