[REMOVE ADS]

The Unifics - Remember What I Told You To Forget

I remember this song [[by Tavares in 1975, also by the Four Tops) and I most definitely remember The Unifics! I did not that they were still singing. They made some very good records. I still have a couple of their albums. Thank you MikeW-UK for sharing this.

In 1969 they had probably the saddest record of all time with "The Beginning of My End".

LOVE it! I always loved this song and for whatever reason never knew the name of the group ... And those suits, right?? A great presentation. Thanks for finding -

The unifics-out of d.c. By way of[howard university]one of the great but underrated groups of the[60's]one of my neighbors was a close friend of the late great[al johnson].

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    The unifics-out of d.c. By way of[howard university]one of the great but underrated groups of the[60's]one of my neighbors was a close friend of the late great[al johnson].
    Oh man really? Al Johnson and the original group got a lot of radio airplay when I was coming up.

They were second to none when it came to performing live too, when they performed[the beginning of my end]there wasn't a dry eye in the place...great,great group!!

They were second to none when it came to performing live too, when they performed[the beginning of my end]there wasn't a dry eye in the place...great,great group!!
    That was the hardest, saddest song to listen to when I was a kid. Even sadder than Clarence Carter's "Patches".

"Up drove the hearse Cadillac.... A crowd of people all dressed in black..." Whew!

Marv,there was a part where they[carry the casket]in their steps that stops the house,and al sounds like he's about to break down..maybe the saddest song ever performed live.

Marv,there was a part where they[carry the casket]in their steps that stops the house,and al sounds like he's about to break down..maybe the saddest song ever performed live.
    I'm telling you. My brother Robert and I use to listen to that song and would be completely silent. When got the album Court of Love, we wore it out. They were a tremendously underrated group!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    In 1969 they had probably the saddest record of all time with "The Beginning of My End".
    "Up pulled the hearse Cadillac..."