[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Here is the weak 7” edit. The vocal is too soft and the end is horrendous.....

https://youtu.be/AyFcHW0zxYc

I love both albums. The Boss is so damn fun - it’s infectious. The first time I heard Upside Down however, I thought it was a brilliant record and an obvious smash. I still don’t know if I like it as much as I admire it, but it was like the first time I heard ANMHE - I knew it was gonna be huge. I Love Now That You’re Gone and think it had single hit potential.

i think The Boss was hurt by bad single releases. A super edit of of NOGTP or Licked might have led the way for The Boss - plus that 45 needed work as well.

the only ballad I love on either is All For One.

Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    do you like the Chic mix?
    Yes, I love all the mixes. I think Ross/Russ Terrana had great instincts on the singles. I prefer the commercially released versions of "Upside Down" and "I'm Coming Out" to the Chic mixes. I also like the album version of "Friend to Friend."

However, the Chic mix of "Tenderness" is among the best Chic tracks of all time. It is a perennial and never leaves my playlist. The Chic mixes of "Have Fun [[Again)" and "Now That You're Gone" are also fantastic and better than album versions.

For me Russ Terrana work on the album was spot on. His remixes brought Diana's voice to the fore and her vocals sounds much bolder. I also think the arrangements had more punch and sound less cluttered.
    The only Chic mix i would have left is "Have Fun" being the original version has a more celebratory feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    The song was cut after the sneak previews. In Bloomington, the sold out theater for the sneak was restless and there was a steady stream of folks coming and going for food, a cig or to pee. When Is Yhis What Feeling Gets began, I swear a hundred people got up for some reason as they just couldn’t stand one more dull ballad. It remains one if the worst films I’ve ever seen, though there are a very few good moments when I go from cringing to liking. VERY few. You know A movie stinks when the theme song for the movie which has been specially written gets cut before release. I’m happy it has found an audience and am jealous of those who actually like it, but I can’t watch it all the way through in one sitting.
    thanks for sharing what you experienced MotownManiac !

How do you cut a movie's theme song ?? Did it then get replaced by something else? Is the cut theme on the soundtrack ??

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    thanks for sharing what you experienced MotownManiac !

How do you cut a movie's theme song ?? Did it then get replaced by something else? Is the cut theme on the soundtrack ??
    I don't know if the film really had a theme song, given that it was a musical with trademarks like HOME and EASE ON DOWN THE ROAD.

That said, IS THIS WHAT FEELING GETS? is on the soundtrack album.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    The song was cut after the sneak previews. In Bloomington, the sold out theater for the sneak was restless and there was a steady stream of folks coming and going for food, a cig or to pee. When Is Yhis What Feeling Gets began, I swear a hundred people got up for some reason as they just couldn’t stand one more dull ballad. It remains one if the worst films I’ve ever seen, though there are a very few good moments when I go from cringing to liking. VERY few. You know A movie stinks when the theme song for the movie which has been specially written gets cut before release. I’m happy it has found an audience and am jealous of those who actually like it, but I can’t watch it all the way through in one sitting.
    Well i never knew that was the reason ITWFG was cut from the film. You learn something every day. I find it a better song then "Can I Go On", but that song was needed for the audience to understand Dorothy's character.
    I have always thought that MJ like the Tin Man should have been given two songs as well. Unlike the film, i find the soundtrack really enjoyable.