[REMOVE ADS]

I Can’t Help it. Susaye and the ladies

I wondered if they would do this one too...Sure enough.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ANmifVJZUnw

This is great seeing them do different music in their act. They are doing what they want to do finally for a change:

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    This is great seeing them do different music in their act. They are doing what they want to do finally for a change:

I agree Marv.... with the right promotion they might be onto something.

So nice seeing the Ladies singing 'other' songs. Most welcome. More please!

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    I agree Marv.... with the right promotion they might be onto something.
    Just imagine what this lineup could have achieved with the right material and promotion when the Supremes broke up back in 1977. Howi wish they had been allowed to carry on in some shape or form once Mary had left.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Just imagine what this lineup could have achieved with the right material and promotion when the Supremes broke up back in 1977. Howi wish they had been allowed to carry on in some shape or form once Mary had left.
    I am the out-liar on this one, but I wish both Mary and the FLOS would have branched out early on into other areas of music. Or better yet, MSS should have abandon ship and reformulated things. And yes I know the argument that there is value in the Sups catalog - the fans demand it. Blah Blah Blah. When I first heard Mary sing Love Child I was astounded by her power and she did a great job and the audience was amazed as well. All sorts of comments at how gr8 she is . BUT, over the years seeing and hearing Mary and the FLOS sing Baby Love a million times gets boring. I did see Mary a few yrs ago doing the symphony show and sang only one Sups [[My World is Empty). REFRESHING.... to see her sing non-Sups songs. I loved Walk the Line CD. Mary will say there is value to the Sups catalog and maybe she knows best, but i still think she should have gone a bit more into jazz with that great smooth voice of hers.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    I am the out-liar on this one, but I wish both Mary and the FLOS would have branched out early on into other areas of music. Or better yet, MSS should have abandon ship and reformulated things. And yes I know the argument that there is value in the Sups catalog - the fans demand it. Blah Blah Blah. When I first heard Mary sing Love Child I was astounded by her power and she did a great job and the audience was amazed as well. All sorts of comments at how gr8 she is . BUT, over the years seeing and hearing Mary and the FLOS sing Baby Love a million times gets boring. I did see Mary a few yrs ago doing the symphony show and sang only one Sups [[My World is Empty). REFRESHING.... to see her sing non-Sups songs. I loved Walk the Line CD. Mary will say there is value to the Sups catalog and maybe she knows best, but i still think she should have gone a bit more into jazz with that great smooth voice of hers.
    I agree with much of what you say. I have never enjoyed listening to Mary performing Supremes songs that are totally unsuited to her voice, but i guess the Supremes name is what has helped her sustain a career of sorts. The Flos attempts at the older Supremes songs are usually more palatable, and it is perhaps unreasonable to expect them to abandon those tunes, but it is very refreshing to hear them branch out a little and do something different. I hope this trend continues.