[REMOVE ADS]

Off The Cuff - Martha Reeves pt. 1 & 2.

Martha is such a good raconteur, and here she is on excellent form. As often, the interviewer isn't in the same class as the interviewee, but Martha shines even more as a result. Thanks for posting marv.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpmoves View Post
    Martha is such a good raconteur, and here she is on excellent form. As often, the interviewer isn't in the same class as the interviewee, but Martha shines even more as a result. Thanks for posting marv.
    You are most welcome Sharpmoves. Martha has so much life experience that she definitely needs to write another book. The times I just sat and talked to her, she's given me great advice.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    You are most welcome Sharpmoves. Martha has so much life experience that she definitely needs to write another book. The times I just sat and talked to her, she's given me great advice.
    I have met here twice - briefly, both times. I got a 2000 megawatt smile in 1971 when she signed my brand new copy of Natural Resources [[along with Lois and Sandy), and a hug in 2008 after a storming set at the Jazz Cafe in London, where she had the room on its feet dancing in the street. One of the all-time greats.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpmoves View Post
    I have met here twice - briefly, both times. I got a 2000 megawatt smile in 1971 when she signed my brand new copy of Natural Resources [[along with Lois and Sandy), and a hug in 2008 after a storming set at the Jazz Cafe in London, where she had the room on its feet dancing in the street. One of the all-time greats.
    That is great. Two of my treasures are a pic taken at the State Theater in Detroit back in the early 90s with Martha, Roz, Annette and Martha's brother. It was Stevie Wonder's birthday and we were all there for the celebration. The other is a pic we took on Long Island, Martha, Lois and Me!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    That is great. Two of my treasures are a pic taken at the State Theater in Detroit back in the early 90s with Martha, Roz, Annette and Martha's brother. It was Stevie Wonder's birthday and we were all there for the celebration. The other is a pic we took on Long Island, Martha, Lois and Me!
    There is something special abt Ms Reeves. No matter how busy she was she would always stop and talk when I would run into at work in the Renaissance Ctr. she never played the big star and acted with so much class. In sense she seemed to consider her fans as friends. She would always recognize you with a smile. That woman is sharp as a tack.

Martha is quite articulate. I thought the interviewer did a good job though a little too fawning.

One thing that shocked me after watching the two videos. Martha was discussing her book which was subtitled Confessions of a Motown DIVA. She admitted that she did not particularly like using the term DIVA because she felt a DIVA was a hard person to get along with. Interesting.............