[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    Slow Down -Tammi Terrell

    I'm posting this on the Supremes side because of the connection.

    It seems that a lot of the songs that did not include Flo, Mary or Cindy were meant for someone else (Someday comes to mind). The instrumental and backing tracks were already done and Diana went in to lay down her vocals. The Tammi version appears to be the same backing track with same backing vocals that was used for Miss.Ross Of course there was a lot of remixing. Also I don't recall that there was a mention of the guys on this tune. Is it the Spinners? The Originals?
    Last edited by CoolKatz; 05-26-2019 at 09:08 AM.

  2. #2
    Actually the Supremes version of "Slow Down" has Mary and Marlene from the Andantes on backing vocals. Sounds like only the actual musical track was re-used for the Supremes version.

    Tammi's version of this is okay, but I never cared for the Supremes version.

  3. #3
    Tammi sounds incredibly like Diana at the start of this song......

  4. #4
    I just love both versions of the song because it tells a story which is quite unique.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Actually the Supremes version of "Slow Down" has Mary and Marlene from the Andantes on backing vocals. Sounds like only the actual musical track was re-used for the Supremes version.

    Tammi's version of this is okay, but I never cared for the Supremes version.
    I am really overhelmed ranran79, simply the golden ears of the Soulfuldetroit Forum

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Tammi sounds incredibly like Diana at the start of this song......
    Yes she does!!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jobucats View Post
    I just love both versions of the song because it tells a story which is quite unique.
    I never really let it play through enough to pay attention. Your thoughts on it require me to pay closer attention to the lyrics.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullfillingnessfirstfinale View Post
    I am really overhelmed ranran79, simply the golden ears of the Soulfuldetroit Forum
    Not my ears. That information is courtesy of the A Go Go expanded edition booklet. If not for the booklet, I'd still be saying that it's the Andantes on the song.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Not my ears. That information is courtesy of the A Go Go expanded edition booklet. If not for the booklet, I'd still be saying that it's the Andantes on the song.

    Hi RanRan79

    I reread my booklet and time line of the A Go Go expanded edition booklet states that the Andantes overdubbed their vocals on "Slow Down" and "Come on and see" me on July 8th after Mary and Marlene recorded them on July 4th and 5th. So though the Sups version might have a new set of BG vocals it's still the Andantes unless they left Mary in the mix? Either way it's still not one of my favorite Supremes songs. The booklet says it was first assigned to Stevie and it might have worked better for him
    Last edited by CoolKatz; 06-16-2019 at 02:50 PM. Reason: nr

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolKatz View Post
    Hi RanRan79

    I reread my booklet and time line of the A Go Go expanded edition booklet states that the Andantes overdubbed their vocals on "Slow Down" and "Come on and see" me on July 8th after Mary and Marlene recorded them on July 4th and 5th. So though the Sups version might have a new set of BG vocals it's still the Andantes unless they left Mary in the mix?
    Actually it contains both Mary & Marlene and the Andantes' backgrounds. If you listen closely you can hear it switch back and forth between the two. For whatever reasons, they spliced them together. The song starts with Mary & Marlene switches to the Andantes after "how could she love him" then back to Mary & Marlene at "he was too busy" then back to the Andantes at the "ooo's" and again until it ends with just the Andantes.

  11. #11
    Thanks for the correction and further information Coolkatz and Brad!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.