[REMOVE ADS]

Saundra Mallett & The Vandellas - "Camel Walk" 1962

Here's a rare one with Saundra Mallett leading the Vandellas:

This 45 was pretty rare before the trove of 29 copies was found in the original box and ultimately sold in the Motown Mansion auction in the fall of 2018. I still would consider it a very scarce 45, but the group found in the mansion has lowered the value on them quite a bit.

I'm happy I was able to buy one and add it to my collection though, it's a cool early Motown tune. Each one comes with a COA from the Motown Mansion sale as being found in the home and was the former property of Berry Gordy Jr. I often wonder why the approx. 600 records found in the home were there in the first place?

I also have a pretty scarce 1 sided promo on the stock Gordy label of LaBrenda Ben's version of the song, which isn't bad either!
    Darin

probably recorded around the time of "Stubborn Kind of Fellow".

Last edited by lakeside; 05-24-2019 at 01:31 PM.