[REMOVE ADS]

Ike Tuner - getting back my name

Hi!

I just wanted to get back to this topic, with new material:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...UILdlEjUmnTrTY

Not surprised. A lot of children don't see their families accurately because they view them through the eyes of a child. And if he never beat Tina in front of Mia, then why would she know what was going on? Plus she only lived with them on weekends and they traveled performing all the time, so when would she have actually been privy to the kind of knowledge her siblings might have had about what was going on? The only thing that bothers me about this is that she keeps talking about how shocked she was at Tina's movie but doesn't say a word about Tina's book. She didn't read it? She didn't hear the buzz about the book and Tina's accusations in it? Weird.

But I remember reading Tina herself say that the movie was exaggerated for Hollywood sakes. Ike was what he was. You can't be a good guy beating on your wife. But it sucks too when people won't let the past be the past and continue to judge you on it.

I love the picture of Tina and Mia. The 'I never saw that' always turns me right off. I've never seen China, DNA, or George Washington but I wouldn't use that as an excuse to disbelieve in them!

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Not surprised. A lot of children don't see their families accurately because they view them through the eyes of a child. And if he never beat Tina in front of Mia, then why would she know what was going on? Plus she only lived with them on weekends and they traveled performing all the time, so when would she have actually been privy to the kind of knowledge her siblings might have had about what was going on? The only thing that bothers me about this is that she keeps talking about how shocked she was at Tina's movie but doesn't say a word about Tina's book. She didn't read it? She didn't hear the buzz about the book and Tina's accusations in it? Weird.

But I remember reading Tina herself say that the movie was exaggerated for Hollywood sakes. Ike was what he was. You can't be a good guy beating on your wife. But it sucks too when people won't let the past be the past and continue to judge you on it.
    It doesn't say that she only lived wit them [[Ike & Tina) on weekends. It said that she lived with Ike and Tina together with her mother during much of her childhood.

It said "She describes a happy childhood where on weekends the house was full of 'aunts and uncles' like Natalie Cole, the Gap Band and Chaka Khan."

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I love the picture of Tina and Mia. The 'I never saw that' always turns me right off. I've never seen China, DNA, or George Washington but I wouldn't use that as an excuse to disbelieve in them!
    She never said that there was never any violence between Ike & Tina. In fact, it says..."[[She/Mia) has struggled to come to terms with her father's violence towards Tina.

She simply did not see any because they did not physically fight in front of her. She was a kid, so that would make sense.

What a fascinating article; thanks for sharing, heikki! What's not clear is where Ann Thomas is today.

Mia Turner just confirmed what I has always suspected and that is Ike & Tina would hit each other. What kind of woman would stay with a man for two decades that was beating her unless she was just as gangsta as him?

This article is poorly written. First they start off saying Mia lived with Ike, Tina and her mother for most of her childhood and then later on say she lived with her grandmother most of the time.

'Sure, I've slapped Tina,' he said. 'There have been times when I punched her to the ground without thinking. But I never beat her.' Ummm ... but not a monster. Okayyy ...

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Mia Turner just confirmed what I has always suspected and that is Ike & Tina would hit each other. What kind of woman would stay with a man for two decades that was beating her unless she was just as gangsta as him?

SMH. You really are the last person that should be discussing the abuse of women.

Until you take the time to research the subject of domestic violence and battered women's syndrome, you're not equipped to participate in this conversation. And I don't mean that in a demeaning or flippant way, but you obviously lack knowledge regarding the subject. It's actually a subject that the health community has been studying in great detail for decades now. In addition to any official resources you may find, like various studies that have been done, I'd also refer you to re-read [[assuming you've read it before) Tina's book. Perhaps she'd give you some insight from her own experience as to why she stayed. [[I haven't read her book since the 90s so I don't remember if she wrote about her mind set.) I'd also refer you to Mary Wilson's second book. I believe she writes about where her mind was in relation to remaining with an abusive spouse. The mindset of an abused woman...actually an abused person period...might surprise you and make you think. Good luck on your search.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    SMH. You really are the last person that should be discussing the abuse of women.
    One thing we have learned over the years here is that some of the posters are more accepting of domestic abuse than others. Research seems to point out that domestic abusers frequently experienced or witnessed domestic abuse themselves in their early years.

Until you take the time to research the subject of domestic violence and battered women's syndrome, you're not equipped to participate in this conversation. And I don't mean that in a demeaning or flippant way, but you obviously lack knowledge regarding the subject. It's actually a subject that the health community has been studying in great detail for decades now. In addition to any official resources you may find, like various studies that have been done, I'd also refer you to re-read [[assuming you've read it before) Tina's book. Perhaps she'd give you some insight from her own experience as to why she stayed. [[I haven't read her book since the 90s so I don't remember if she wrote about her mind set.) I'd also refer you to Mary Wilson's second book. I believe she writes about where her mind was in relation to remaining with an abusive spouse. The mindset of an abused woman...actually an abused person period...might surprise you and make you think. Good luck on your search.

Your 120% right RanRan89.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    One thing we have learned over the years here is that some of the posters are more accepting of domestic abuse than others. Research seems to point out that domestic abusers frequently experienced or witnessed domestic abuse themselves in their early years.
    Which leaves me SMH in 2019.

Your 120% right RanRan89.
    Very well stated. And I may add, just how much do we know about Mia to be assured that every word she says is true? And is it not impossible that someone's daughter may have a skewed view of her father? And that she may not have witnessed every behavior of her father? And that just perhaps her childhood memories 50 years later may not be 100% factual? And that the fact that someone is selling a commercial project just maybe could change that someone's recall? Just wondering. Purely an intellectual exercise. As if ...

Which leaves me SMH in 2019.
    Right, Ms. Roberta? Some of us learn on a daily basis. Some of us do not. Be well, my righteous friend!

I can participate in any open forum conversation on here .
    I know enough that women also hit men. Women also kill men in domestic fights. I know that the movie and the book was only one side of the story. I know from living that women have called the police on their husbands and boyfriends during a domestic dispute and then when the cops come to arrest the guy, the women will protest and beg the cops not to arrest or harm the man.
    I also know that any woman that chooses to stay in a situation where she is getting her butt beat is just as wrong as the man and she knows that she is a participant in that abuse. She'll start shit, hit the man with something and then run and take cover when he comes back on her. Tina Turner was no shrinking violet. She is known to have cursed out and beaten up Ikettes over something as simple as not getting the steps right during a song. So you can cry me a river all you want over Anna Mae. She knows she was just as guilty and messed up as Ike. You want to refer me to a book? I'll refer you to Bettye LaVette's book!
    Last edited by marv2; 05-24-2019 at 11:40 PM.

Mia Turner only spent weekends with I&TT. By HER admission, she didn't know how bad her father was treating her stepmom. And she was born in January 1969, meaning she was only SEVEN when Tina got the heck out of Dodge.

Also I wouldn't be talking about how one accounts abuse when they basically tell their supposed favorite diva to take the hits from a scheming husband but that's another story.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Mia Turner only spent weekends with I&TT. By HER admission, she didn't know how bad her father was treating her stepmom. And she was born in January 1969, meaning she was only SEVEN when Tina got the heck out of Dodge.

Also I wouldn't be talking about how one accounts abuse when they basically tell their supposed favorite diva to take the hits from a scheming husband but that's another story.
    Why don't you be direct and say what you mean to say and stop being all weak kneed like those guys you communicate with most in that sub forum? I said what I said and I stand by it. Abuse can come from both sides in a relationship. Tina Turner has gone on record as saying that movie was "The Hollywood Version" and that the events depicted in it were exaggerated. She also never mentions any abuse she may have dished out to Ike and others in their organization.

Tina Turner has also said that she doesn't know why her son Craig committed suicide. She doesn't know what pushed him over the edge. She also never mentioned that she had recently cut the money she had been sending him. For some reason he was financially dependent on her.
    Last edited by marv2; 05-25-2019 at 01:10 AM.

I also know that any woman that chooses to stay in a situation where she is getting her butt beat is just as wrong as the man and she knows that she is a participant in that abuse.
    Uhhhhh... for real? How can you think that?

I am in disbelief...
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 05-25-2019 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post

I am in disbelief...
    Consider the source my dear.

Why don't you be direct and say what you mean to say and stop being all weak kneed like those guys you communicate with most in that sub forum? I said what I said and I stand by it. Abuse can come from both sides in a relationship. Tina Turner has gone on record as saying that movie was "The Hollywood Version" and that the events depicted in it were exaggerated. She also never mentions any abuse she may have dished out to Ike and others in their organization.

Tina Turner has also said that she doesn't know why her son Craig committed suicide. She doesn't know what pushed him over the edge. She also never mentioned that she had recently cut the money she had been sending him. For some reason he was financially dependent on her.
    Wrong again. Craig worked for a real successfull real eastate company and had a real nice condo Tina had paid for and just renovated before Craigs passing. Does anyone really know why a loved one or friend commits suicide. But again following you real horrible history on womens rights, you would naturaly and real underhandedly blame the woman in this case wrongly imply that Tinas actions had something to do with her sons suicide. Shame on you.

"Before his death, Craig worked as a real estate agent in the San Fernando Valley. According to his Rodeo Realty profile, Craig was a member of elite realtor organization the National Association of Realtors and the California Association of Realtors."

https://www.ibtimes.com/craig-turner...family-2697248

Craig also served in the U.S. Navy beforehand during Tina's Private Dancer comeback days.

He also was the only child who confirmed that Ike was indeed a monster because he actually LIVED under the roof with Ike & Tina.

This is what he said in Tina's Behind the Music episode:

"I remember one time when he was, [[pausing and crying) [[breaking up) he was striking my mother [[in the bedroom) and I was yelling, and I knocked on the door and said "Mother?" And then it stopped and she said "Craig, I'm okay".

Tina confirmed Craig's story in her 2018 memoirs, "My Love Story".

You just condone hitting women when you feel they're in the wrong. You also defended PEDRO FERRER. Seriously if you WERE a Mary Wilson fan, which I think YOU ARE NOT by the way [[liar), you wouldn't condone what Pedro did to her. But since you do, you're a fraud, man.

And I seriously want you to read this because this definitely goes against your claims that you really love Mary.

People have been used to your BS for 20 years but obviously I know you're a fake. So of course you defending Izear Luster Turner Jr. is nothing surprising. You defending William Henry Cosby Jr. is not surprising. You defending Michael Joe Jackson is not surprising. You just love to defend abusers.

And I just think maybe you need to not post your wrong points here and either be neutral in your posts from now on or stop trolling. Because honestly, views like yours are why many women don't report their abuse to the police.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    You just condone hitting women when you feel they're in the wrong. You also defended PEDRO FERRER. Seriously if you WERE a Mary Wilson fan, which I think YOU ARE NOT by the way [[liar), you wouldn't condone what Pedro did to her. But since you do, you're a fraud, man.

And I seriously want you to read this because this definitely goes against your claims that you really love Mary.

People have been used to your BS for 20 years but obviously I know you're a fake. So of course you defending Izear Luster Turner Jr. is nothing surprising. You defending William Henry Cosby Jr. is not surprising. You defending Michael Joe Jackson is not surprising. You just love to defend abusers.

And I just think maybe you need to not post your wrong points here and either be neutral in your posts from now on or stop trolling. Because honestly, views like yours are why many women don't report their abuse to the police.
    And a lot of women who get sexually abused get blame for there choice of clothing especially real short skirts. I dont give a darn if a woman walks into a bar naked. NO MEANS NO and men need to start understanding that. For rape victims and physical and mental abuse victims and anyone you think may be real depressed or scared or thinking of giving up please EVERYBODY in this here forum share share share these with family and friends and coworkers. You may save a life or get a rapist arrested or get physical and verbal abuse stopped. Thank u all.

National Sexual Assault Hotline. Free. Confidential. 24/7.

Call 800.656.HOPE

If you or someone you know is in crisis, call the U.S. National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255, text TALK to 741741 or visit SpeakingOfSuicide.com/resources for additional resources.

National Hotlines for Physical, Mental or Sexual Abuse

National Domestic Violence Hotline
    Staffed 24 hours a day by trained counselors who can provide crisis assistance and information about shelters, legal advocacy, health care centers, and counseling.

1-800-799-SAFE [[7233)
    1-800-787-3224 [[TDD)

Thanks, Roberta.

Wrong again. Craig worked for a real successfull real eastate company and had a real nice condo Tina had paid for and just renovated before Craigs passing. Does anyone really know why a loved one or friend commits suicide. But again following you real horrible history on womens rights, you would naturaly and real underhandedly blame the woman in this case wrongly imply that Tinas actions had something to do with her sons suicide. Shame on you.
    You have pegged one sick M.F.[[sorry!) Ms. Roberta! And a fake news spreader as well. It's a shame that the shameless can't be shamed.
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 05-27-2019 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post

I am in disbelief...
    Join the club Tom. His comments sicken me.

I can participate in any open forum conversation on here .
    I know enough that women also hit men. Women also kill men in domestic fights. I know that the movie and the book was only one side of the story. I know from living that women have called the police on their husbands and boyfriends during a domestic dispute and then when the cops come to arrest the guy, the women will protest and beg the cops not to arrest or harm the man.
    I also know that any woman that chooses to stay in a situation where she is getting her butt beat is just as wrong as the man and she knows that she is a participant in that abuse. She'll start shit, hit the man with something and then run and take cover when he comes back on her. Tina Turner was no shrinking violet. She is known to have cursed out and beaten up Ikettes over something as simple as not getting the steps right during a song. So you can cry me a river all you want over Anna Mae. She knows she was just as guilty and messed up as Ike. You want to refer me to a book? I'll refer you to Bettye LaVette's book!
    You absolutely can participate in any discussion. My question to you would be why would you want to be a part of a discussion about a subject you clearly do not understand? Sure, I could chime in on a discussion about astrophysics but I'm going to look like an idiot because I'm ill equipped with knowledge about the subject at hand.

Women do hit men. Women do start some domestic fights. I've known it to happen. There's even videos of it happening on Youtube. There are also instances of children physically abusing their parents, hitting and slapping and scratching their parents. But does that erase the fact that children are abused everyday by parents and other adults all across the country? Of course not. You're bringing up one subject but that's not the subject we're discussing. So either you're bringing it up out of ignorance or you're bringing it up to justify a woman being beaten.

Do you have any plans to do any of the research I suggested you do?

@RanRan79, I think your position is very informed and insightful. I have a little experience with domestic violence situations because of the work I do. It is absolutely true that some women fake DV incidents to gain leverage in divorce or custody proceedings. A DV perpetrator is presumed, by the California Family Code, to be ineligible to have legal custody or primary physical custody of children, so naturally if one is found to be guilty of DV, he has to fight sometimes for years to have legal and physical custody of his children. This also means that the perp will pay more in child support, naturally, because he has very little visitation with his children.

Also it should be pointed out that the burden of proof, the amount of evidence required to be found guilty of DV, is much lower in Family Court than in Criminal Court. In CC you have to prove guilt "beyond a reasonable doubt," a very high standard. In FC, you only have to prove guilt "by a preponderance of the evidence," which basically means the facts presented are more likely to be true than untrue. This means that even if it's "he said, she said," the Court can simply decide who is more credible. No corroboration or physical evidence is necessary.

All that being said, it is also true that while we can't ever know how many cases are valid vs. invalid, there is no doubt that DV still exists in many cultures and communities in our countries. It is different, quite often, and based on socio-economic factors, and can present more often in some communities than others. I believe that most DV cases are brought for valid reasons, and many, many more likely go unreported, not because the woman is "just as guilty," but because the nature of the beast is such that a victim often feels trapped, not just based on violence and the threat of violence, but often by economic/financial issues, not knowing where to go or what to do, afraid the perp will take it out on the children or others in the victim's family. IMHO DV incidents are more common in the Hispanic culture, not as common in African American or Caucasian households, and almost non-existent in Asian households. I do not have numbers to support this; just my own anecdotal recall.

It's a complicated problem and one which can't be resolved in a forum like this. As with any other legal proceeding, it can be misused but has to be investigated in each unique case.
    Last edited by kenneth; 05-28-2019 at 05:51 PM.

Kenneth great post. I agree with most of it. Although I would point out that domestic violence is like rape, it's actually found in every category of people, in such numbers as to be a problem. But also like rape, most of it goes unreported. This is an issue that certainly won't be resolved in a forum dedicated to music, but the conversations would be so much more worth having if everyone coming to the table were willing to learn instead of dig their feet in to what is really a debunked claim.