[REMOVE ADS]

best Sup tv performance

ok - this is gonna be hard lol

we've done the "you're on an island..." discussion with songs and lps. now let's do live performances

You're allowed 1 and only 1 tv performance. Let's start first with just 1 song and then we can expand to 1 full appearance [[meaning if they did multiple songs on a show - like The Happening and Millie/Rose/Mame on Sullivan)

my 1 song would be You Can't Hurry Love on Sullivan

my 1 full appearance would be either TCB or Sullivan w Happening & Millie/Rose/Mame

Jean, Mary and Cindy on the Ed Sullivan show doing the medley "Nothing Can Stop Us Now/ If They Could See Me Now.” Fantastic!

The first Flip Wilson Show appearance. They did a medley of "Stoned Love" and "It's Time to Breakdown". This went down so well that it was even talked about in the barber shop that next weekend. LOL! Mary, Jean and Cindy were great in the skit about the playboy [[Flip) and the sales ladies [[the Supremes). They also did a great job with the song "We've Only Just Begun". The program originally aired on NBC in January of 1971.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    The first Flip Wilson Show appearance. They did a medley of "Stoned Love" and "It's Time to Breakdown". This went down so well that it was even talked about in the barber shop that next weekend. LOL! Mary, Jean and Cindy were great in the skit about the playboy [[Flip) and the sales ladies [[the Supremes). They also did a great job with the song "We've Only Just Begun". The program originally aired on NBC in January of 1971.
    that was a great one too. but i always found the shortened live version of Stoned to be a let down. always wished they did the full lp version live, like they did on Mike Douglas. it's one of the best Sup songs ever waxed and a shame they sort of butchered it with the cuts.

and this is a real nitpick - but i didn't like cindy in the full outfit used here. that weird bolero made her hips look huge. and then a few mins later she's without the bolero and looked stunning. something about this outfit just didn't work as well IMO.

For me:
    You Can’t Hurry Love : Sullivan 66
    Reflections: Hollywood Palace 67
    Im Livin In Shame : Hollywood Palace 69
    Your Wonderful Sweet Sweet Love: Flip Wilson 72
    He’s My Man: Sam and Co 76
    You Are The Heart Of Me Soul Train 77

^ oh yes! i love YWSSL on Flip. those outfits were crazy fierce and the girls looked incredible. and the tune at that little bit faster pace really gave it more life

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    For me:
    You Can’t Hurry Love : Sullivan 66
    Reflections: Hollywood Palace 67
    Im Livin In Shame : Hollywood Palace 69
    Your Wonderful Sweet Sweet Love: Flip Wilson 72
    He’s My Man: Sam and Co 76
    You Are The Heart Of Me Soul Train 77
    Another of my "best tv performances" was their very last one in the United States. "You Are the Heart of Me" - The Mike Douglas Show March 1977. They were perfect on that, their very last song on American television.

I like both appearances of the YWSSL from Flip n Sonny n Cher.
    TCB was great.
    Stoned Live on Flip.
    Love is here .Andy Williams
    Love child.sullivan