[REMOVE ADS]

Peabo Bryson Heart Attack

I read someplace that Peabo recently suffered a heart attack and was hospitalized in Atlanta. However, he was expected to recover. Anyone heard any more details?

Although he was never associated with Motown, Peabo Bryson has been a long time favorite singer of mine since the '70s:

God Bless Peabo.

I met him when he toured with the Funk Brothers in the early 2000's.
    He was very nice to talk to.

edafan

^^ Critical condition? I read it was a mild heart attack and he was expected to recover.

https://www.ajc.com/lifestyles/peabo...mWtMKn4kH6RyI/

Anyway, here is my favorite Peabo record from the Michael Masser era of soft rock/R&B '80s:

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    ^^ Critical condition? I read it was a mild heart attack and he was expected to recover.
    Same here, midnight. Let's pray his condition hasn't worsened.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Same here, midnight. Let's pray his condition hasn't worsened.
    Right. We saw what happened to Singleton and Luke.

My apologies for putting this on the Motown forum. I think I had just commented on a Martha thread and forgot to switch over.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    My apologies for putting this on the Motown forum. I think I had just commented on a Martha thread and forgot to switch over.
    That is perfectly understandable in the circumstances. I have heard differing reports on Peabo's condition. One said it was a mild attack and he was expected to be released from hospital imminently, and a more recent one says he is fighting for his life. We must hope and pray it is the former report that is the more accurate one. Peabo is a superbly expressive vocalist, and in my opinion he is up there with the very best male vocalists of the past 50 years or so. God Bless him.

This was FIYAHHH:

This was FIYAHHH:

That was the second album of his I bought in 1978. His first album from 1976 should be a collector's item.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    That is perfectly understandable in the circumstances. I have heard differing reports on Peabo's condition. One said it was a mild attack and he was expected to be released from hospital imminently, and a more recent one says he is fighting for his life. We must hope and pray it is the former report that is the more accurate one. Peabo is a superbly expressive vocalist, and in my opinion he is up there with the very best male vocalists of the past 50 years or so. God Bless him.
    Plus he has a two-year daughter. I want him to live at last 19 more years for her sake...

Get well soon, Peabo!

I see that it is safe to post about this wonderful vocalist and stylist. He's probably the only celebrity I ever met in a casual setting. I was at a ceremony south of Atlanta where I was receiving an additional degree and happened to walk out to my car during a break in the program. Peabo also walking towards his car, apparently on a cigarette break. I greeted him, and he told me he was there because his daughter was also being award a degree. It was sort of a 'twilight zone' moment because his duet with Sandy Patti had been playing on my playlist as I drove to the event that morning.

Quote Originally Posted by jobucats View Post
    I see that it is safe to post about this wonderful vocalist and stylist. He's probably the only celebrity I ever met in a casual setting. I was at a ceremony south of Atlanta where I was receiving an additional degree and happened to walk out to my car during a break in the program. Peabo also walking towards his car, apparently on a cigarette break. I greeted him, and he told me he was there because his daughter was also being award a degree. It was sort of a 'twilight zone' moment because his duet with Sandy Patti had been playing on my playlist as I drove to the event that morning.
    Wow! Talk about surreal. He sounds like a cool cat.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Plus he has a two-year daughter. I want him to live at last 19 more years for her sake...
    I didn't know that. I totally concur with you on that one.

Excellent news Sansradio and thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Excellent news Sansradio and thank you!
    You got it! Some good health news about one of our legends for a change.

Glad he's improving!

Bump 2.0: Here's a happy update with him looking wonderful!

https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/pea....1d6v5dec8owks

Thats real good news...i remember an ex girlfriend of mine had the duet album with Roberta Flack and i remember seeing on the back cover that some of the tracks were recorded at The Motown Recording Studios...which i found really strange at the time.

Since his health scare, Bryson told 11 Alive that he’s on the mend and already doing 50 sit-ups and 25 minutes on the treadmill a day to get back on track. But while he’s taken preventive measures to preserve his health, he’s forever indebted to the first responders who saved him.
    “They can be the only thing standing between your children being orphaned and your wife widowed,” he told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “All they do is try to save people. It’s a thankless job and they aren’t paid enough for what they do. Taking responsibility for another life is probably the greatest single service you can do for someone else.”
    But since suffering his heart attack on April 27, one thing Bryson refuses to do is live in fear that it could happen again.
    “That’s not spiritual,” he said. “Faith doesn’t work that way. God’s grace doesn’t work that way. You can choose fear or faith.”
    The 68-year-old Grammy winner, who recently released his 21st studio album, Stand for Love, in December, is continuing to rest and recover at his Marietta, Ga., home.