[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Tony is a liar who can't be trusted. I don't believe his Mary broke story. The fact that so much of his first book is exaggerated stories that already appeared in other books, only he adds himself as one of the cast, is enough to side eye him [[although the book is a must read for entertainment purposes only). But when he did an interview talking about how Flo was a drug addict, that sealed the deal for me. Supposedly devoted to "Miss Flo" but would tell that kind of lie for sensationalism on her, especially when a certain segment of fandom already looks for ways to tarnish her memory and character...unacceptable. I'm surprised Tony Tall Tales isn't a member of this forum...or is he?
    Oh he was Ran...under the guise of Top Diva. He denied being Tony Turner, but,
    constantly 'promoted' himself/Turner. Such whoppers he told would leave you speechless. He said Tony was married to some European Baron and living in a castle
    in Spain or some such bullshit. He was very confrontational, nasty and toxic. Let's just
    say...pathological. I was thrilled when Ralph sent him off to his Spanish pastures.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    constantly 'promoted' himself/Turner. Such whoppers he told would leave you speechless. He said Tony was married to some European Baron and living in a castle
    in Spain or some such bullshit. He was very confrontational, nasty and toxic. Let's just
    say...pathological. I was thrilled when Ralph sent him off to his Spanish pastures.
    Sometimes we are still speechless.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Living in a castle my Aunt Fanny. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL at his Spanish Count lies.

Ms. Tony Turner...

GURL! The one who claimed Eddie Kendricks and Marvin Gaye was gay?

The one who said Mary joined Martha, Eddie and David on the tour and then after getting paid, Martha decided to bounce and David wanted to beat her up? [[Said Martha was dead broke at the time)?

The one who said Sammy Davis Jr. entered Mary's hotel room or dressing room [[forget which) while Mary was topless and sniffed cocaine with Mary?

The one who claimed to know ALL of Florence Ballard's business when he was hired by her at 12 [[allegedly)?

THAT Tony Turner?

I remember Miss Thang posting on SDF too. I'm glad Ralph did a Martin Lawrence on his ass and told him to "get to stepping". LOL
    Last edited by midnightman; 05-21-2019 at 09:10 PM.

Top Diva [[Ms. Turner) claimed that Tony Turner gave a lecture at a University
    [[can't recall which one) and several thousand students attended. The lecture
    was on his book "All That Glittered" [[which was OLD by then). A fair share of
    these students would probably be clueless to who The Supremes were, let alone
    Countess Turner. A couple folks on this forum actually contacted the university
    to verify if he was ever there. Ya'll know the answer to that one! This is just one
    of the fantastic lies that spewed forth from that mess.

Memories from the corners of my mind

I do remember these things now

Seems to me he might have had one supporter occasionally

"Tony Tina Turner" as MaryBrewster called him.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Ms. Tony Turner...

The one who said Mary joined Martha, Eddie and David on the tour and then after getting paid, Martha decided to bounce and David wanted to beat her up? [[Said Martha was dead broke at the time)?

The one who said Sammy Davis Jr. entered Mary's hotel room or dressing room [[forget which) while Mary was topless and sniffed cocaine with Mary?

The one who claimed to know ALL of Florence Ballard's business when he was hired by her at 12 [[allegedly)?

THAT Tony Turner?

I remember Miss Thang posting on SDF too. I'm glad Ralph did a Martin Lawrence on his ass and told him to "get to stepping". LOL
    And real odd that Tony Turner didnt produce one photo of him and Flo Ballard. Not one.

What I take away from the salty tangents this thread has taken is that Wilson 'Imagine's she was friends with Donna Summer, had a huge house in Las Felices, was 'feliced' by a mechanic restoring a worthless RR, was adored by George Harrison [[who, in the picture, seems to be thinking 'WHO is this??') and has really [[I mean, REALLY) bad business sense and a rampant imagination. So, perhaps 'Imagine' is a good song for her after all.

Wow guys, looks like Tall Tales was here before my time. Actually I'm glad I missed him. Both of his books are very entertaining reads, and had he had them published as historical fiction, they would prize worthy IMO. The images in the first book alone are gold. Flo Ballard pissed off at her group mates and dashing for the hotel only to suddenly have to pee so bad that she loses it half way there and Tall Tales has to run ahead so he can hold an elevator for her. Mary Wilson addressing a Motown meeting which results in Gordy remarking that she is one stuuuupppidddd woman. And who could forget Diana Ross inviting Tall Tales up to her room for pizza while she grills him on the goings on of the Flo Ballard solo career, only to throw him out with pizza in hand dripping with cheese. The man knows how to spin a tale.

But as I said before, most of the things that happened in his book, particularly while Flo was there, had their bases in stories that had already appeared in other books, like Mary's for instance. Even in her book she paints the picture of Tall Tales being a "special" fan but still one who got autographed photos of Flo passed through half open doors, not a special fan who was basically a member of the NYC Supremes entourage. And like Roberta pointed out, he spent so much time around Florence, but he didn't produce a single photo of the two of them together. He had pics of himself and every other Supreme, but not Flo, the one he built his first book around. Ya know, the dead one who was no longer around to speak for herself.

And lets be real, what grown 20 something year old world famous woman would want to spend so much time with a barely teenage kid? This guy was delusional. Apparently Mary saw it too late before finally kicking him to the curb and supposedly Tall Tales first book was revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Ms. Tony Turner...

THAT Tony Turner?
    Don't forget the one who released information to the press that his third book would be about how he was sexually molested by Berry Gordy, until Gordy put the squash on that.

Don't forget the one who released information to the press that his third book would be about how he was sexually molested by Berry Gordy, until Gordy put the squash on that.
    Berry Gordy didnt lay a finger on that lying as*ed fool.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    What I take away from the salty tangents this thread has taken is that Wilson 'Imagine's she was friends with Donna Summer, had a huge house in Las Felices, was 'feliced' by a mechanic restoring a worthless RR, was adored by George Harrison [[who, in the picture, seems to be thinking 'WHO is this??') and has really [[I mean, REALLY) bad business sense and a rampant imagination. So, perhaps 'Imagine' is a good song for her after all.
    Funny thing is when the Beatles met the original Supremes, they thought they were too chaste to be from Detroit.

I forgot that lol

Tony is a character lol smh

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    And real odd that Tony Turner didnt produce one photo of him and Flo Ballard. Not one.
    RIGHT! Close friends my black butt lol