[REMOVE ADS]

Panic in Detroit - an interesting article from 2008 I had never seen.

I don't know how much attention this article got back in 2008, but I find the entire article very interesting.

I was particularly interested in Abdullah and his short stay at Motown. This article sheds a lot more into his tenure than was previously known.

Worthwhile reading by all means.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...ban.popandrock

That is a great article! Thank you so much for sharing it Woodward.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    I don't know how much attention this article got back in 2008, but I find the entire article very interesting.

I was particularly interested in Abdullah and his short stay at Motown. This article sheds a lot more into his tenure than was previously known.

Worthwhile reading by all means.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...ban.popandrock
    I think that it was a figment of somebodies imagination!!!!

I do not agree with that. If you read Berry, Me, and Motown, Raynoma recounts her details of this incident on pages 180-182 of the book. Some minor details were told in this article that she did not put in her book, but in my opinion, it corroborates what the article says.

Like any artistic organization...Being infiltrated by crackpots was not unheard of ... Sounds like some guy who came to Detroit with hopes and hallucinations, lived at the Y, and was soon on the Gryhound back to NYC...Any of us connected with the music scene in Detroit in those days saw characters like that come and go...Somebody likely thought they caught some unique and unusual "lightning in a bottle", thought they could capitalize on it...and got this guy through the front door...Look at Charlie Manson who virtually infiltrated the Beach Boys inner circle...Sounds like the same type of deal...

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    I do not agree with that. If you read Berry, Me, and Motown, Raynoma recounts her details of this incident on pages 180-182 of the book. Some minor details were told in this article that she did not put in her book, but in my opinion, it corroborates what the article says.
    I have that book. It was a real eye opener. The Motown books I have are truthful in my opinion. Some may be more accurate with dates, etc than some others. I had a person on here share a situation that happened to him that he may not know it, but it was described in one Motown related book almost exactly as he told it here!