Dionne warwick sings new rendition of 'what the world needs now"

Dionne was just on Good Morning America singing
    "WHAT THE WORLD NEEDS NOW IS LOVE"

Name:  DIONNE.JPG
Views: 743
Size:  72.9 KB

VIDEO LINK BELOW. STILL SOUNDS GOOD

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/v...e-gma-63001536
    Last edited by milven; 05-13-2019 at 10:36 AM.

Still going strong Dionne at 79! new CD was posted to me Monday can't wait to hear more.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post
    Still going strong Dionne at 79! new CD was posted to me Monday can't wait to hear more.
    Please let me know what you think. It is a long time since i enjoyed a new Dionne album. I would be delighted if this one broke the cycle.

Interview of Dionne on WBLS

It was enjoyable to listen to the whole interview. It was fresh, and informative. I guess because she does not do interviews every other day with anyone holding a microphone or camera. It was refreshing for her to go back to the original definition of diva and she said that she does not like being referred to as a diva. Diva comes from opera and if the opera singer is difficult, she is a diva. So Dionne does not like being referred to as a diva. She also said that opera singer Leontyne Price was a diva and difficult.

She also talks about a bio pic about her.

New album is out now:
    Tracklist:
    CD1:
    01 – Am I Dreaming [[feat. Musiq Soulchild)
    02 – Tears Ago
    03 – What Color Is Love [[feat. Kenny Lattimore)
    04 – How To Keep The Music Playing [[feat. Kevon Edmonds)
    05 – Déjà Vu [[feat. Krayzie Bone)
    06 – Forever In My Heart [[feat. Brian McKnight)
    07 – Dream With No Love
    08 – We’re In Love
    09 – You Really Started Something
    10 – Two Ships [[feat. FIJI)
    11 – Life Is Waiting
    12 – If I Want To
    13 – We Need To Go Back
    14 – What A Fool Believes
    15 – What The World Needs Now

CD2:
    01 – Walk On By[[Dionne Sings Dionne Version)
    02 – Love Begins With You[[Dionne Sings Dionne Version)
    03 – Reach Out For Me[[Dionne Sings Dionne Version)
    04 – High Upon This Love[[Dionne Sings Dionne Version)
    05 – I Say a Little Prayer for You[[Dionne Sings Dionne Version)
    06 – Always Something There To Remind Me[[Dionne Sings Dionne Version)
    07 – If I Want To[[Dionne Sings Dionne Version)
    08 – Aquarela do Brazil[[Dionne Sings Dionne Version)
    09 – I Promise You[[Dionne Sings Dionne Version)
    10 – Be My Neighbour[[Dionne Sings Dionne Version)
    11 – All Kinds Of People[[Dionne Sings Dionne Version)
    12 – What The World Needs Now Is Love[[Dionne Sings Dionne Version)
    13 – Do You Know the Way to San Jose[[Dionne Sings Dionne Version)
    14 – Humbly I Pray[[Dionne Sings Dionne Version)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Please let me know what you think. It is a long time since i enjoyed a new Dionne album. I would be delighted if this one broke the cycle.
    Got to say I did enjoy the first play today! don't expect the Hits to be exactly the same! some have a twist! The new material is Good! and Dionne still truly has not lost it, again as with the Hits arrangements are different for her. Got to admit like any album there are just a few tracks that are too modern for mean in beat! and I was never into her Brazilian era.

But even in the USA you can find this two CD set for $8.99 and these days that is some good price, and I love the cover photo! Available on iTunes and Spotify today, also in the USA on CD, here in the UK we have to wait until next week for the CD. I have downloaded on Spotify, CD was posted from USA on Monday thought it would have arrived today, perhaps tomorrow, then I can read the full credits on the new album.

Got to say I did enjoy the first play today! don't expect the Hits to be exactly the same! some have a twist! The new material is Good! and Dionne still truly has not lost it, again as with the Hits arrangements are different for her. Got to admit like any album there are just a few tracks that are too modern for mean in beat! and I was never into her Brazilian era.

But even in the USA you can find this two CD set for $8.99 and these days that is some good price, and I love the cover photo! Available on iTunes and Spotify today, also in the USA on CD, here in the UK we have to wait until next week for the CD. I have downloaded on Spotify, CD was posted from USA on Monday thought it would have arrived today, perhaps tomorrow, then I can read the full credits on the new album.
    Thank you for that. I think i shall take a chance on it. Any further feedback would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Thank you for that. I think i shall take a chance on it. Any further feedback would be appreciated.
    As I said 2 albums for $8.99 is worth it!

On the second CD Dionne Sings Dionne, one track 'Be My Neighbour' on Spotify no duet artists are credited? it sounds like After 7, very much their beat & sound, it could also be Babyface? Kevon Edmonds of After 7 does a duet on the first CD of new original music, but it is credited.

As I said 2 albums for $8.99 is worth it!

On the second CD Dionne Sings Dionne, one track 'Be My Neighbour' on Spotify no duet artists are credited? it sounds like After 7, very much their beat & sound, it could also be Babyface? Kevon Edmonds of After 7 does a duet on the first CD of new original music, but it is credited.
    The duet partner on BE MY NEIGHBOR is Tyrese.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    The duet partner on BE MY NEIGHBOR is Tyrese.
    Thanks Reese! so appreciated, just hope the CD arrives tomorrow to read the credits.

I just finished playing the new cd. I must say that it isn't one of my favorites from her. There are a few good songs. But on the whole, much of it sounds rather boring. Some songs seem like they need to be sped up a bit. Others seem to be getting a groove going and then fade out early. Why she felt the need for yet another version of DEJA VU and IF I WANT TO, particularly the latter since the original 1998 version is much better and is included on the bonus disc I'll never know.